It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Israel acquired the lands of what is now known as Palestinian territories after the 6 Days War. Since then, there has been near constant guerilla attacks against the Israelis from dissidents that demand independence and the destruction of Israel, which they see as a foreign state sitting on their own "homeland".

Well the problem runs deep, deeper then many international conflicts that are currently taking place throughout the world. It is a situation maimed with scares that run even deeper.

Whether or not you believe Israel is wrong or right in their being in the Middle East, it is irrelevant. Israel is here to stay, they will not be moving any time soon. Palestine will likewise never be abandon, it is the most densely populated territory in the world, millions crammed into these tight territories.

Both stubborn people are faced with daily violence, the latest large scale invasion taking place last July and August, along with a war with Lebanon.

Many world leaders have tried to get the two sides to make peace.. all ending miserably and typically with increased violence.

I however have not seen what I am about to propose be proposed as of yet.. and so I will make this proposition in the hopes that the people of this board and all who read it will keep an open mind here, and that this is merrily a hypothesis for political progresses sake only.

My proposition.

A vote. A Democratic vote.

Present to the Palestinian people this option: Vote for your citizenry, have the option to remain a Palestinian nationalist.. or become a Israeli citizen.

I wish to see the Palestinian / Israeli situation solved much like Ireland and North Ireland solved there’s.

First, vote on which you want to be, Palestinian, Israeli or duel citizenry. Next, when you have a child you should be able to declare them a citizen of either state.

I feel this will allow the innocent caught in the middle and maimed with violence to escape into the refuge of Israel. Those who simply want Israel destroyed, let them stay Palestinian and fight.. but those who want out should be allowed out.

There is no reason for Israel to deny people they conquered a right to citizenship. If Israel does not agree to these terms, they should have no military holding on Palestine any further.

The problems with this solution for Israel could be mass migration.. increased crime and displacement for the time being.. the international community should donate the money needed to feed and shelter and expand the Israeli infrastructure to accommodate the new population rise.

The down side of the Palestinians.. is it could mean the end of Palestine.. or it could not who knows.. Palestine under this agreement should have open borders with Israel, all restrictions on finances and travel lifted, and independence as a state.. but as a conquered land and having lands taken from them a century ago, they have the option of living in that land, under a different flag.

There needs to be sacrifice and giving from both sides.. if there is ever to be a compromise.

In return, the international community should provide the UN troops to assist the Palestinian, not Israeli, in clearing up militias, provide a weapon amnesty and declare fire arms illegal.

Sanctions should be emplaced on any state who openly or knowingly allows the travel of weapons, supplies, money or individuals to fuel insurgent fighting or civil war, or terrorist activity.

These two people need to set aside differences, beliefs and try and work for a goal to help both in the generations to come, or eventually war will consume them and one will annihilate the other in a massive human tragedy.

There would be those on both sides to pick up arms and resist.. mostly those already doing so.. and to see those destroyed in war would be much better in my mind, then to see other peoples children maimed in a hopeless cause they want nothing to do with.

That is my proposal for Peace between the Palestinian government and people, and the Israeli government and people.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Israel would never accept this, because it would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state. All the Palestinians would become Israeli citizens and then the majoriy of voters in the country would be Arab Muslims not Jews.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Israel is a secular society, Judaism is not the state religion.

Your right though, they would not allow a massive migration, but I do not think more then half of the Palestinian population would vote to become Israeli citizens. Either way, if Israel wants peace, they must give up their majority if need be. Mostly, it is conservative and liberal just like Americas politics, not all Israelis are Jewish, and not all are extreme Jews who are Jewish, many are secular Jews who believe in peace.. they are westernized..

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Israel does have a secular government, but still its entire raison d'être is to be a homeland for the Jewish people. If Jews lost control of its government, then it would cease to be what it was designed to be.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Refardless, they are not a Jewish state.. and therefore have no right to supress other faiths politically, home land or not.

If this is indeed where they stand, they should loose their seat in the United Nations and declare a theocracy... I imagine many Jews would riot in the streets. Israel is a place for Jews to go as a homeland and away from presecution. Even if the Jewish population was 45% of the total, the odds of them being persecuted there are very low.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
*sigh* .. no more on this topic?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Rockpuck, this thread should be applauded and rest assured that it eventually will be

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Israel would never accept this, because it would mean the end of Israel as a Jewish state. All the Palestinians would become Israeli citizens and then the majoriy of voters in the country would be Arab Muslims not Jews.

You are right however, like it or not it is Israel's future. The Arab population in both Israel proper and the west bank is so out pacing the Jewish one (with little to no chance of catching up even with immigration) that at some point in the next few years (20 is the time frame I have heard) the Jews will become a minority within Israel. Then comes the test of whether they are a true democracy or not in that do they allow Arabs to sit in the Kissnet, or even become Prime Minister. Or, do they stubbornly hold onto their privilege? They may try but sooner or later they will have to give in to reality. And once the Arabs take control of the Israeli government the odds are that they will propose a union with the West bank and Gaza forming what should have been there all along (and what the Palestinian leaders originally wanted in the first place) a joint Jewish/Arab state.

It has to be that solution or it will be continual warfare.

And as for Israel going nowhere... Outreamer, the Frankish state of the crusades lasted roughly 180 years and all that remains today are remains.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by grover]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is very true Grover.. and very much so over looked..

There are many, many political parties in Israel, some of the .. what we would call 3rd parties in America because they are not represented by at least 30% of the populace, are Muslim generally, but also Christian groups!

Jewish migration to Israel has slowed and nearly stopped.. and here is where it gets interesting! The Jews in Israel will fall victim to their own success in that they suffer the same trend that Europe and America is..

Middle class and upper class people don't want more then 2 children on average.. 2 children do NOT increase the population, it keeps it the same actually.. and often only 1 child or no child because they have money, jobs and little time for raising huge families. The Jewish population will stagnate and fall, Europe passed stagnation, they are declining in population now... so is Russia!

Muslim families typically more poor, though that is changing little every year as more Muslims assimilate and join society, they have averagely larger families.. since Israel took over Palestine the Palestinian population exploded because families needed children to help work and survive.. basic instincts ..

If Israel allows them to become Israeli citizens, they will become a minority sure.. but they can also educate their new citizens properly (hopefully not brainwashing) and they can integrate into society... I would hope that at least the majority would end up like Europe or America where you cannot tell from appearance the religion that you practice..

Muslims should never give up their own faith, but extremism should never be tolerated, be it Islamic, Jewish or Christian or ANY religion... theres no reason why people cannot co-exist in a modern westernized society, its just a transition, because it has been denied to Palestine..

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Rockpuck you truely have supprised me and i am not joking there

i agree with you on this topic and as mentioned you dserve applause for this

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Rockpuck you truely have supprised me and i am not joking there

i agree with you on this topic and as mentioned you dserve applause for this

Thanks Bodrul, and Subz as well..

I truly think this plan would work better then any plan they have offered so far.. not every one will like it, but what issue is ever liked by all?

Something has to be done, or one side will destroy the other, or destroy themselves..

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Does anyone think the idea will work or fail like the rest? Not many replies on what is typically a hot topic..

new topics

top topics

join