It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that there was only one civilization (not cavemen)at the start?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have read and have seen on tv sunken ruins. There has been the much publicized Bimini Road, but I have recently learned that there have been sunken ruins discovered by Japan. This kind of reminds me of that Graham Hancock book "Finger Prints of the Gods." These ruins are very old, too old to fit Plato's discription of Atlantis so don't start .
So is it possible that this "beginner race" set the corner stones of civilization?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
For starters, what do you class as very old??

Atlantis was destroyed about 3000 years ago (1198 BCE) – so it was not “very old”.

There are however massive archaeological digs near Pakistan that date back 4000 years plus (the Indus Valley Civilization).This civilization created ceramic works on an industrial level.

Then there was the Sumerians & Egyptians – 5000 years or so ago – they had a very high civilization with many infrastructures similar to modern times.

So how old are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

Atlantis was destroyed about 3000 years ago (1198 BCE) – so it was not “very old”.

So how old are you talking about?

you know that Book by Frank Joseph is pseudo history fiction don't you, Atlantis was not destroyed in 1198bce
and at any rate it was not destroyed by a meteor

At any rate there is very little evidence supporting the idea of a super civilisation that spawned all the others
I expect you could say that they all came from the same gene pool
I'd call that gene pool HSS

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthsetfree2009
I have read and have seen on tv sunken ruins.
...much publicized Bimini Road,
...sunken ruins discovered by Japan.

So is it possible that this "beginner race" set the corner stones of civilization?

these cities/monuments/cultures, with their advanced building & social order(implied) are only curious pockets of advancement in the larger scheme of humanities progression...according to current thinking.

all around areas like Sumeria, Mesopotamia, modern Turkey, India, Egypt...the rest of the world was still tribal or survived by nomadic hunting or herding, and just emerging from new-stone-age life into a copper and bronze age etc.

for my two-bits, it's possible (& not completely unreasonable) for a group
or groups of 'landing party's' to have established colonies that used available resources to build with.
'They' eventually died out and social/cultural entropy ran its course
as the indigenous people once again reverted to bands & clans...
except where 'Civilization' took root->
as the surviving humans successfully 'aped' the knowledge of their 'teachers'

[edit on 20-3-2007 by St Udio]

top topics

join