It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't cops enforce the law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I live in a small town in Australia, and most of the police here are corrupt and rude. I'm sick of cops pulling me up in the street when I'm skating or riding my bike and asking me whether I have drugs and then telling me that if they find out I'm lying they'll bash me. The other night my friends and I were walking home from a party and a police officer gestured to us to walk over to him, so we did. He then asked us why we were out past the towns curfew, when we replied that we are over 15, and that he should be out doing his job, not harassing us, he screamed at us telling us we were
"$%#@ heads", and "lying little F&^#s".
He then punched my friend in the face.

My friend's mother then took the police officer to court and he was let off on a supposed "technicality".
How unfair is that? The police officer was discharged from the force a month later for dealing drugs from his police car.
In my opinion, not all cops are bad, but a fair few of them are, the ones I know abuse their power and when they get caught out, blackmail witnesses and the people convicting them.

If you are reading this, please post your comments, opinions and personal experiences here.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
you should move to New York, as long as you are white, you can do whatever you want!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
you should move to New York, as long as you are white, you can do whatever you want!

It's pretty much the same in my town, only you have to be black to get away with everything, because every time the Aboriginals get caught doing something wrong, they do the whole "You people stole our country and you're racist and this is sacred land, we can do what we want here!"

My stepdad went to San Diego last year to repair his brothers boat (he's one of the best marine mechanics in Australia) and he was running to the airport with $20,000 in cash stuffed in his bags, when 2 Mexican guys jumped him, so he broke the tips off his 2 fishing rods he was carrying and whipped them so bad with them, that they were actually crying and begging him to stop
When he went to tell the police nearby, they didn't want to know about it! They didn't even call them an ambulance, they just sat there and watched, which I guess the 2 guys deserved, though...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am just writing this to bump my thread up the list.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We have seen a surge of threads on the Social Issues forum recently that seem to be repetitive in nature. We feel that this thread would be better served if we closed it and directed future posts to an existing thread that has already had a fairly extensive discussion on the matter.

So You Hate Cops

If you have any comments on this action, feel free to contact me via u2u, or submit a Complaint/Suggestion.

...Thread Closed.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by chissler]

top topics

join