It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A380 Flight to The United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well as most of you already know today on March 19, 2007, the Airbus A380 made its first flight to the United States today and landed at JFK.

What an amazingly large aircraft! I was unfortunate as to not be at the airport today like I wanted (I had no ride and I had school), but I did get to see it on final approach for the runway!

Even though I only saw it for 15 seconds it truly was a beautiful aircraft. Large and graceful and I'm glad that I at least had the opportunity to be one of the first to see it in the air over the US.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Really sweet that you got to see it!! As I'm only close to Toronto and that the #80 won't be there any time soon I'll have to be happy wth the 777's that Air Canada just got. Oh and did it really seem that large in the sky? or any sounds that stood out to you? Thanks for posting on here again Shattered its been awhile. Cheers EH

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh my god, it was HUGE! Even compared to the British Airways 747-400 I saw on approach 15 minutes before it (For a second I almost thought that IT was the A380, but disappointed me, stupid British Airways
) the thing was huge.

It just was jagunda. I also heard it before I saw it. It was actually pretty quiet for such HUGE engines, but I still heard it loudly and clearly. My class was on two sides of the our school lobby (it kind of bottle necks out at the main lobby) and I was on one side looking out for that side in case it came over and my whole class was on the other side. The better view was on the other side across from me so I ended up missing most of the view
. (I RAN across the lobby and screamed out sh*t I'm missing it!)

We were listening in on New York approach I believe and we heard the flight number "8940" and some guy goes "Wait, is that supposed to be the A380?" and he gets the response "Yep". That's how I knew it was close.

It actually had a very loud medium pitched sound, it wasn't too low or too high, but rather imposing.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i149.photobucket.com...

saw it at HK international around november 17/18/19-ish. all the airbus bigwigs were in the lounge dosed up on wine while the leering fans took pictures. huge, huge plane.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Actually they will be sending 2 of the A380's. The other will be going to LAX.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Its nice... but not as nice as this.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Looks like it has 4 737's on it's wings.

Just hinting at the huge size of the Trent 900's.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
did anybody get shots of the takeoff ??

[edit on 21-3-2007 by skunkworks82]

new topics

top topics

join