It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we be at the top of the food chain forever?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It was on the dicovery channel.......in 200 million years, Squid will rule.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
In my argument I did forget to mention the obvious alternative to bacteria being the superior beings here when the other possibility is of course that we will eventually be overtaken by machines if they ever become self aware.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Can we be at the top of the food chain forever?

Only until the Aliens arrive
Crunch Crunch Mmmm

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We will not be at the "top" of the food chain forever, simply because there is no forever. Even if we do move our entire civilization to a different planet in a few billion years (and that's only if we survive whatever calamity occurs over that period of time, a lot can happen in a few billion years) to escape the dying sun, and then move again and again every few billion years if we somehow survive ourselves and all of those other planets, the universe will eventually run out of energy and we'll die. Plain and simple, we can't be at the "top" of the food chain forever because there is no forever.

Actually, perhaps energy itself is at the top of the food chain...

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Animals may be stronger and faster at killing humans, but humans have the ability to create weapons, a skill that most animals dont have. They also have the ability to plan an attack and predict the outcome. Unless a species evolves and gains the ability to do this, i think humans will be at the top of the food chain for a loong time. If i had to choose what was at the top....aliens. Havent you seen 'mars attacks'?!

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Who said we are at the top? That is BS!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Is that a joke?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psiohazard
It was on the dicovery channel.......in 200 million years, Squid will rule.

I think thats funny, how in the world would anyone know whats the world will be like in 100 years let alone 200 million. Just someones opinion taken as fact.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think thats funny, how in the world would anyone know whats the world will be like in 100 years let alone 200 million. Just someones opinion taken as fact.

Educated guess, perhaps?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He said "WILL" it might've been someone elses educated opinion, however it's being taken as fact.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
2nd thread. Jesus Neo, please use coherent thought or take Canadian off your panel. Your embarrasing the rest of us. Of course we are at the top of the food chain. I didn't see an elephant going to work today.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To answer the question, Can we be at the top of the food chain forever? No, nothing lasts forever.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
To answer the question, Can we be at the top of the food chain forever? No, nothing lasts forever.

Diamond does.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Perhaps in a hallmark way.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm not paraniod, WATCH OUT FOR CATS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAh.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by THENEO

Is that a joke?

what about the lizards or grays? or myriad other past occupiers on earth that may return.

then there is the psychic world which is conveniently ignored for some reason?

we are top of what we can see NOW, but that is not the top of the hill.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
2nd thread. Jesus Neo, please use coherent thought or take Canadian off your panel. Your embarrasing the rest of us. Of course we are at the top of the food chain. I didn't see an elephant going to work today.

You are starting to bother me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Neo, I'm more than glad that I'm bothering you. Maybe I will help you to THINK. You have been in this venue longer than I have been, and you still don't make sense.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Intrepid,

so tell me how does someone get a job in the government anyways?

I want to think about that for awhile.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Neo, I'm glad that you have been paying attention. Just because I work for the gov. doesn't mean that my brain turns to mush. Now to the topic , no we can't stay at the the top of the food chain, although I think we will be here a while.

For Neo, you bold prince. Join me in the debate forum.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join