It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think members should be able to change their names for a fee.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Hey Adam...

Thinking of changing that God awfully long name????

Sorry, but it IS WAYYYYYY too lonnnnggggggggg.

LMAO!

shutup mechanic!!!! i like my long name although now i would prolly change it to miskykins or something along those lines lol

besides would you have me any other way? super long name short nicknames?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking i like my long name

Oh, my bad. I thought you cruised into this thread contemplating a name change.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Just think how happy you would be that ZeddicusZulZorander got to change his impossibly long username to Zedd, but caused the entire ATS database to be corrupted.

Nuff said!

If I could pronounce your name properly maybe that would be the case.

As much as I would like to change my name, I would not. I was listening to a lot of rap music last spring and that is partially the reason for my choice.

Its interesting as I hardly listen to the stuff now. Just goes to show how much a person can change, even in one area, over the course of one year.

Now let's not even begin to talk about our lives...

As semper said, friendships and enemies have been made. While I could do without disagreeing with people, it is important for both people's growth. To have someone point out a flaw helps one understand where another is coming from and allows for the potential to grow.

Granted, life doesn't always work that way and sometimes I don't listen (and I'm sure others as well).

ATS has worked very well so far, why change it?

We've all become comfortable with our surroundings.

Maybe a new background though? Don't you change it every year? So we gotta wait till January
?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
ATS has worked very well so far, why change it?

We've all become comfortable with our surroundings.

You spoke too soon. It looks like S.O. is tweaking parts of the interface as I type.

The buttons at the top and bottom of posts are different now.

I didn't notice that when I made my last post.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yeah I know. I just noticed that.

They are trying to scare us
. I was just beginning to like that reply button.

Maybe you guys want to add a quick reply section so we can type our response in the bottom instead of opening a new page? I don't know if that will cause issues with your database, just an idea that I'm throwing out there.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Yeah I know. I just noticed that.

They are trying to scare us
. I was just beginning to like that reply button.

Maybe you guys want to add a quick reply section so we can type our response in the bottom instead of opening a new page? I don't know if that will cause issues with your database, just an idea that I'm throwing out there.

yeah ive been to alot of sites with that feature some dont work entirely well but i never have problems with it

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

can users in the same household using same computer, have multiple accounts on ATS? Or should I say, an account each? The reason I'm asking is the IP address would be the same, but the users would be different.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Yes, There can be multiple accounts on the same IP address.
A lot of members have a spouse, or other relatives in the same household, that are also members.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks, SuperMod, My brother wanted to open an account, but for some reason, I had gotten the idea, that you could not have multiple accounts on the same IP address. I think it was somewhere in a thread where someone's validity was being questioned. But thanx.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you are going to have more than one account on the same ip, for different household members, you might want to do a few things to safeguard yourself.

For starters, you might want to let the staff no, so that, in the event of an issue with one of those accounts, we don't see multiple users on the same address and assume sock puppetry.

Second, you will want to ensure that the other member(s) know about the Terms and Conditions of the site. If your brother, for example, comes here and starts misbehaving, we might wind up with issues that will bring us to the point above.

Third, make sure all household members know to log off when they are done with their ATS sessions. Nothing worse than having someone post under your name by accident.

Just some things to consider

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What if he was to get his own pc, but it's run off same internet connection, would that lessen the confusion?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Impossible. The NSA will not know who you are if your flagged. Your name has to be your label forever incase your flagged and need to be monitored often.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join