It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big muscle quickly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ive been lifting weights seriously since september and for a year or so more before that slightly less seriously. me and my friends are in our last year of collage and are splitting up and going our seperate ways to uni. as such we are going on a big holiday together. we intend on spending plenty of time on the beach topless swimming, kicking a ball around, maybe volleyball, as such i intend on buiding as much muscle as possible before then.

im here looking for advice on how to get more out of my workouts. i do 4 sets of 6 reps with as much weight as i can lift. ive had 2 ideas on putting on extra muscle, the first was upping my workouts from 3 to 5 times weekly. secondly i was thinking that maybe i could do a workout and then run through the same workout a second time with as much as i can handle which will obviously be much reduced, mabye taking off a few sets. a variation on this would be doing my workout and then working a different part of my body in the same gym session.

any comments or ideas?

justin

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
do you take any supplements?

You should try Whey protein.

Oh yeah, another thing, start increasing you're calorie intake.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i used to take a protein powder by maxi muscle but i found i was allergic to it so although it was having a positive effect on my gymming i had to dump it. i was considering getting something more natrual as my alergies tend to be with high sugar very artificial foods, so i was thinking egg protein or something simillar from holland and baretts next time they have a sale.

i try to eat plenty, but i hate stuffing myself and dont want to eat junk food just for the uber high calories. any suggestions as to a healthy food with a high calory content

justin

[edit on 19-3-2007 by justin_barton3]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Seriously dude, you should look into trying out Whey Protein, I think it would help you out.

I don't think you'd be allergic to it, though you might want to be careful cause you never know.

What is whey protein? Whey protein is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow's milk. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. In its purest form, as whey protein isolate, it contains little to no fat, lactose or cholesterol.

Whey protein is an excellent protein choice for individuals of all ages. It provides a number of benefits in areas including sports nutrition, weight management, immune support, bone health, and general wellness. New information on the health benefits of whey protein continues to become available as researchers discover new applications for both whey protein and its unique individual protein components.

We invite you to explore the Whey Protein Institute website for detailed facts and information on whey protein and how to incorporate it into your diet.

www.wheyoflife.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
cool, cheers dude i'll have a look, the owner of my gym sells huge amounts of different protein powders and meal replacements and stuff so i'll have a look next time im in the gym .

justin

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A word of advice. You really shouldn't lift weights more than 2-3 times a week. Your muscles have to have time to recover and grow. If you work your muscles more than 3 times a wekk, you are just over working them.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
A word of advice. You really shouldn't lift weights more than 2-3 times a week. Your muscles have to have time to recover and grow. If you work your muscles more than 3 times a wekk, you are just over working them.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Only work one muscle group once a week. Since you have been working out since September have you been switching up your routine? Your muscle will need a variation of different exercises to hit the muscle from different angles. For example, if you only do bench press to work on your chest you will not get the same results as mixing in regular bench press with incline, decline, and dumb bell press. Your muscle remember and they also get bored.

Also try and switch up your sets and reps. Some days have high reps with low weight, other days high weight and low reps.

As for supplements that depends on what your trying to acheive. If your trying to get jacked, than yes go to a GNC or your gym and talk to someone. Don't just go into the store and pick something out of the blue. If you are just looking to get in better shape, just be aware what you are eating. Make sure you are getting enough protein and veggies and that you have a quality multi-vitamin.

Lately I have been rocking this product. Its a little expensive but I been trying to recover from a shoulder injury.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think your reps are too low. My son is pretty bulky, and has been lifting for several years. He does work with a personal trainer once a week, aside from training with friends, and I know they will do reps of 10 starting with lower lbs, and then his max out, is generally 1 to 2 reps.

I train too, but not to build, just to stay toned and I do reps of 15 or 20 with less weight, and I don't use protien powders.

Protien should be used if you are building. Get some advice from a personal trainer, that's what I would do if I were you.

edit* type O's

[edit on 3/20/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You could try german strength training
Eat six meals a day lots of protien the right amino acids, and think positive and you will be like arnold in 3 months no joke

this muscle media magazine was a great inspiration when i lifted and they have great articles online
muscle media

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
i try to eat plenty, but i hate stuffing myself and dont want to eat junk food just for the uber high calories. any suggestions as to a healthy food with a high calory content

justin

[edit on 19-3-2007 by justin_barton3]

If your looking to build muscle muscles you're going to have to eat plenty. If you don't want to stuff yourself too much, try to eat each meal every two to three hours. This will give your body time to digest the food.

About Healthy Eating, here's an example of some things that I usually take in. You don't have to use my example though.

Breakfast: Cereal (Raisin Bran), Oatmeal, Egg Whites.

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich (w/Whole Grain Bread) and Peanutbutter Sandwich (w/ Whole Grain Bread),Peanutbutter is a great source of protein.

Snack: Yogurt, Granola Bar, lots of fruit.

Dinner: Lots of Veggies, and some source of meat.

I take in a protein supplement after my meals.

Again, you don't have to use my example, do what you think works best for you and you don't have to eat the same thing everyday.

Before changing your diet, talk to a doctor.

Also, like someone just mentioned, you can get more advice from a trainer.

All of the posters here gave you some awesome advice.

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Striker122]

[edit on 29-3-2007 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The only way to get big muscles quick is to do steroids. And you don't want to do that. So what you need to do is exploit the muscle you have. Just keep on a good training regement, get lots of rest, get a lot of protein, take L-glutamine to heal quicker, and look into creatine.

You're not going to get muscles big real quick, so just keep working hard, and if you want to look muscular, exploit the muscle you have by trying to get you body fat percentage down so you can see the muscle better. other than that, go to www.bodybuilding.com

new topics

top topics

join