It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incest in the bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok so here's a weird question. If Adam and Eve were the first humans created then by right their kids would be brother and sister. Ok well here's the question....If adam and eve were the only people to have kids and there is no biblical account(unless you can prove me wrong) that god created anyone else, where did all the rest of mankind come from? did adam and eve's kids have kids with each other or did Eve just have alot of kids, which would still be wrong because all the kids would be related..

Certifyquality

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Certifyquality]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Now your going to hell!

JK.

Really though, I think it explains the problem with the Human race

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, the Bible makes us think Adam and Eve were the first two people.

However, then, when their two sons Cain and Abel, have their discourse, there is talk of other people being around. Cain is afraid to be banished because surely people will kill him, he says. Thats why God made him invisible and never-dying, as a punishment for committing the first murder, or so the story goes.

So, clearly adam and eve werent the first two.

So who were they then? Well.. Adam was the first patriarch of modern monotheism, ie; judaism, islam, and christianity, in my opinion.

As to the incest, yes, there was quite a bit.

If you go through Genesis, theres QUITE a bit of marrying cousins, aunts, neice's and half-sisters. Stuff like that. Back then, it wasn't Taboo to breed within the family. They did that to preserve their family identity and uniqueness.

The reason why it wasnt Taboo was because people were MUCH fewer and further between spread about the land at this time. I mean the total Earth population must've been like, less than a 10th of it's current, even less than that. So you see, perhaps a man will never find a woman he ISNT related to in some kinda way, because all the local tribe members in the desert oasis you are living in are blood relatives of some kind.

In fact, tribes used to travel to the next closest tribe within a certain distance in the Middle East back in pre-modern times, and try to marry off their sons or daughters to the other tribe's sons and daughters. While both tribes probably came from ONE ROOT TRIBE further back thus INCEST was still happening, it made a divergence in the DNA, or genes, and made the offspring of this relationship 'stronger', less susceptable to certain illnesses, etc.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
But incest in so denounced in today's society why not then? Why was it acceptable. It would almost seem that God was ok that this was happening.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not only did this post get banished from ATS, but you are going straight to hell!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i was readin a book today saying that one myth is that angles came down from heaven and were corrupted by adams daughters because they were naked and the angles took the daughters as brides.

plus adam had another wife before eve but she was a ninfo so she got banished to hell.

the book was called angles a dying breed.

just some ideas for you

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Certifyquality
But incest in so denounced in today's society why not then? Why was it acceptable. It would almost seem that God was ok that this was happening.

incest, the one UNIVERSAL taboo. not a single society or culture has embraced it (though exceptions have been made for the ruling class in some cultures). even in myth, incest tends to be the fatal flaw for the hero (ie, arthur's son by his half sister, mordrid, kills him)

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't quite understand why some people are suggesting the OP is going to hell because of this thread?

What else are we supposed to call the 'close relations' described in the bible? A holy union? Hmm Lot and his two daughters is quite sick also, imo. So too the story of Hagar, Abraham & Sarah.

Cain and Abel were to marry their sisters. How can that not be incest?

I read the children's bible version of Lot and then the bible of Lot and think it was ever so sweet that kiddy version left the daughters drunken ploy out of it.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by NJE777]

new topics

top topics

join