It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with people these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess I'm just frustrated with my boredom right now, but maybe I'm actually on to something. Why have people become so damned lazy? Maybe it's just my friends, but it seems like nearly 100% of the time, it's me taking the initiative to hang out or do something with the day. I enjoy being active. I like to hike, go to the gym, jog, ride dirt bikes, etc. But if I were to ask one of my friends if they'd like to go hiking with me, they'd think I was insane. "Hiking is boring," they'd probably say. Is my generation turning into a group of lazy, night-dwelling "do-nothing"ers? (Yes, my word.) All it ever is anymore is movies, video games, sit around at home, and if it weren't bad enough, none of this ever happens before 8pm. Nobody wants to go out in the daylight anymore. "Oh no, the sun!" I don't even know why I look forward to my days off anymore. Like I said, nobody wants to do anything until it's dark, so I wind up doing nothing or something by myself until 8 or 9pm, hang out for a few hours, then go to bed. It's ridiculous. What happened to the days when friends would call you and actually have things planned for the day? Why is it me making the plans 98% of the time? Why doesn't anyone want to do anything that involves walking, and why doesn't anyone want to do it before 9pm anymore? I'm sick of it!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I completely understand where you are coming from. I love to be outside during the day, the sun shining and you can actually enjoy the scenery. I think as most people get older they stop appreciating the smaller things in life and start getting into a routine. Whether staying indoors until it's dark out or just being a hermit, many people get lazier as they age. I guess you could also blame technology on this as well. Sometimes you need to get away from your computer, T.V., or whatever and get some excercise. Who knows, they could like it!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It might have something to do with the fact that most people are at work during the daytime---working---not being lazy.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
It might have something to do with the fact that most people are at work during the daytime---working---not being lazy.

Nope - not the people I know. Even so, most people don't work 6AM - 8PM shifts. There's always daylight to be had.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hear ya Herman. I like to go out during the day, the sun helps my mood when ever I'm depressed. Seems that most of my friends were always at home back when we were in school. The only times we hung out was during our off periods, or after school when we would all go to someone's house. The only physical activity we did? Hacky sack, oh man and we were good, was a day at school where we got about 30 people in a hack circle and had 3 hacky sacks going around, that was one of our last games and I miss it so much. Now a days, my friends that I stayed in contact with have jobs, moved, or got in trouble and are in jail (only one of my friends okay, I was a good kid lol). I rarely see my friends anymore.

On the topic of being lazy, I think it's happening to everyone. People are getting more and more lazy as the years go by because of new technology. Working fast food, I know this as a fact. A lot of our customers will leave their trash on the tables when we have 2 trash cans 10 feet away from where they were sitting.

Ever see that TV ad about that car that beeps at you when you're getting too close to an object? Yeah, just another excuse for people to be lazy, not pay attention, talk on their cell phones. It's kinda scary. A lot of people in my area are so lazy, they fail to use a turn signal. Had a guy a while back that was waiting to turn, no signal mind you. I was standing there at the corner waiting to cross. The guy is scowling at me with an evil look, I thought he was going straight. He yelled at me, "Are you going to cross or what"? Then I replied back, "Oh I'm sorry, were your going to turn here? Might help if you get off your cell phone and use YOUR TURN SIGNAL"! The guy got an "oh man I'm stupid" look on his face, and turned around the corner, after he turned on his turn signal (little late don't ya think)?

Man lazy people suck sometimes.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I work all week during the day, but there is usually time after work with daylight. Plus I'm sure most people have some sort of weekend. Nothing beats outdoor activity in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Actually,I think this is a trend that started back when I was a kid. To give you a time period,I am thirty years old.

It seems to me that bout 20 years ago you started to see a decrease in people in the parks, out in their yards, et cetera. People tended to stay inside a lot starting about twenty years ago and it has just increasingly got worse and worse.

top topics

join