It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Phenomenon *images*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There are many pnemomenon related to extrasterestrials and ufo's. But we dont have to look too far to find phenomena right on our own planet...

does anyone have a scientific explenation of what is happening? techically these events should be impossible...

[edit on 19-3-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the second to last one is a missile exiting the orbit. I saw something like this hanging out with my girlfriend at the park down the street from my house. Its on a mountain so we got a nice look at it. when i first saw it it was kind of scary. Usually the local government will notify the people if something like this is going to happen but they didn’t. but later on i read up on an article explaining it. but the reset are weird.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The tornado shots are pretty normal for tornados, even the triple armed one. Tornados are about as unpredictable and devastating as anything on this planet, and can show up fat, skinny, in triplicate, alone, in a swarm...all sorts of permutations.

The lightening next to the tornado again isn't at all unusual. It's simply electic voltage passing from cloud/ground to it's opposite. Most tornado supercells are also intense thunder/lightening storms, as well as hail events. Nothing unusual there...except for the incredible photo.

As for the last shot, it's too pixelated for me to even see what's going on, let alone help explain it.

The third shot is a shot from beneath a dark cloud cover. It happens, usually with flat land thunderstorms, that they just sort of spread out and can be amazingly black. Also keep in mind the way the camera's looking - the darker area might not be quite as dark as it seems, depending on direction, aperture, shutter speed, film/digital/post processing, et cetera.

The fourth is a great capture - it's a missle of some sort being launched, and the bell shape is the missle exiting the local atmosphere and entering low orbit (if I'm not mistaken). The bell shape is an example of both speed and weather conditions - higher humidity gives air "color" or "shape" and if the conditions are exactly right, and the photographer is in exactly the right place, this phenom can be caught. There is a famous shot of a fighter jet breaking the sound barrier, and it has a very similar sort of "skirt" or bell around it. Again, rare conditions, but not unexplainable.

Hope that helps - great pictures, and amazing strength of the wondrous atmosphere we enjoy. Thanks for posting.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The third shot is a chinook, it's a common ocurrence in Alberta and western Montana.

www.mountainnature.com...

Do an image search for chinook arch, you'll get some more views like these:

www.med.ucalgary.ca...

www.sierraclubchinook.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i dont know if i the odd one out here but never in my life have i seen 3 tornadoes side by side and for sure i have never seen lightning strike beside a tornado....

its not something you see everyday...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Great shots, some can be explained, some can't and that's what is amazing about them.

I did type out a bit reply explaining how we can't fathom what some of these are, but after some searching, the triplet tornadoes seem to be fairly rare, but not impossible to see.

I don't know enough about weather to comment on the lighting strike, nor the last one.

Great pictures.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Tornado and Lightining photograph is actually from Florida, and it was taken in 1991, but as someone else mentioned, Tornados will always be accompanied by lighting. It's just a very great photograph, to time it well enough to get the tornado exactly when it's illuminated by a breif flash of lightning.

The first photo however, is a fake. It was debunked by snopes who found the original photograph, with has just one tornado.

The Snopes Article

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athenion
The Tornado and Lightining photograph is actually from Florida, and it was taken in 1991, but as someone else mentioned, Tornados will always be accompanied by lighting. It's just a very great photograph, to time it well enough to get the tornado exactly when it's illuminated by a breif flash of lightning.

The first photo however, is a fake. It was debunked by snopes who found the original photograph, with has just one tornado.

The Snopes Article

thanks for pointing that out! sorry i didnt know that myself.

top topics

join