It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think the Iranians will drop their bomb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When the Iranians will finally get their very own nuclear weapon,
Where do you think they will use it? In all sorts of scenarios like:

War with the US
Invasion into Iraq
War with the EU
War with Israel (though I'd doubt they'll waste something like that on that tiny country).

Do you think they'll ever use it at all? After all the current madman of a president in office there will be replaced eventually. Will they stop the nuclear program? Should they?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAL the bot
Where do you think the Iranians will drop their bomb?

Hopefully right on top of the White House

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They'll have a hard time getting it to the states. Odds are their facilities won't be allowed to reach the point where an actual bomb is built and ready for use.

In the event that they do make to completion, Israel would be the most logical target for them.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Hopefully right on top of the White House

That is exactly the type of response I would expect out of you.

Why not use you obvious flare for writing to do some good on this site?

To wish physical harm to another makes you no better than the people ( terrorists) our army is fighting at the present time.

Back to the actual, mature topic:

I think they will use it one of two places. Either Israel or they will target a sect in the Iraq region to do damage to. They will never be allowed to construct a delivery vehicle to reach farther.

Just my MidWest take on the situation!

M.Agenda!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They won't be able to "drop" one when if they get one. No way to get a plane over here to carry it. A missle wouldn't be much easier. North Korea has a missle that could make it this far from there, but it wouldn't make it to the US from Iran though. And either of these cases make it very easy to know where said attack originated.

On the other hand Iran has a highly efficient underground by which they transport men and equipment. Their terrorist roots have spread far and wide. It would be easier and more politically potent and safe to ship a warhead to a cell in Mexico or Canada.

I think one (or more) will be smuggled across a border and detonated somewhere they see as having zero morals like L.A. or San Fran. Maybe Vegas. Wow who to hit with just one? Tough question...

I think they risk too much to transport a warhead all the way to the eastern seaboard.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midwest Agenda
To wish physical harm to another makes you no better than the people ( terrorists) our army is fighting at the present time.

"YOUR" troops are the terrorists

did you read this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"YOUR" troops are the terrorists

Exactly the type of off thread remark I would expect from YOU!

Please ADD SOMETHING TO THIS THREAD.

Back on topic, I agree. LA would seem a logical target because of its proximity to the border. More illegals = more risk, plain and simple!

Good night now.

M.Agenda!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You are very misguided if you imagine Iran are developing nuclear weapons to drop on Israel or USA in the near future. Do you really believe the US government propaganda??? Bush & co want to start war with Iran, so they are using every pretext they can. They used the WMDs to start the war in Iraq (did you believe the WMDs lies because Bush told you, just because Bush says Iraq has WMD's doesn't make it so). By the CIA's own estimation Iran is about 10 years away from building a nuclear bomb. And why should Israel and USA have nuclear powers??? Iran is not a threat, Israel and USA want you to believe they are, do you really believe the lies of GW Bush?

As was already stated by a US soldier, the real terrorists are the Americans (and british) military
www.fourwinds10.com...

Iran Is Judged 10 Years From Nuclear Bomb
www.washingtonpost.com...

U.S. can't prove Iran link to Iraq strife
www.latimes.com...

Proof of US orchestration of Death Squads Killings in Iraq
www.globalresearch.ca...

US desperate to attack Iran
news.bbc.co.uk...

'Mossad orchestrating Muslim violence in Europe'
www.libertyforum.org...

More Evidence 'al-Qaeda' Is A CIA-ISI Creation
www.rense.com...

Israel Pushing Iran War, says Scott Ritter
www.forward.com...

Britain took part in mock Iran invasion
www.guardian.co.uk...

Bush 'is planning nuclear strikes on Iran
www.telegraph.co.uk...;jsessionid=U0FGCWPXJOFD3QFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/04/09/wbush09.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/04/09/ixnews top.html

Bush gang 'surges' toward war on Iran
www.axisoflogic.com...

It should be clear that the real aggressors are the Bush admin.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

And why should Israel and USA have nuclear powers??? Iran is not a threat,

Do they want to Islam take over the world, or don't they?
Do they shout "Death to America the great Satan!" or don't they?

And as for the US and Israel:

Has the US used the atomic bomb to end WW2 or hasn't it?
Has the US used atomics since? And did the fact that the US had atomics prevented WW3 with the USSR or didn't it?
Does the richest country on earth want the best defense for itself against foreign aggression? Yes, it should!

Does Israel need such massive deterrence? yes, seeing as it has been attacked multiple times in its history by multiple Arab countries.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hold the phone.

Golddragnet what's with all the hate? You utterly confuse me. You're too busy looking at the negative aspects. I won't deny that my government has lied to me time and time again for military gains. Not everyone there is evil. With over 2 million active and reserve american troops, you're making an increadibly broad assumption by calling them terrorists. What makes me even more confused is you link a website claiming al-Queda is a CIA-ISI creation but you have a tid-bit of CIA information in your post..

Like it's been stated in the thread, please add something on topic to the thread..

Now to me actually being on topic..

Iran starting a war on any major power would be a massive loss to them. They would instantly be outed by the entire international community. I believe they should be able to defend themselves in any way possible. But, nothing will be stopping them on retaliating on civilian populations with nuclear weapons if they see fit to do so. Anyone starting a nuclear attack against another nuclear power would be a loss for everyone in the world..

As for golddragnet saying Iran isn't developing nuclear weapons to drop on Israel, it's pretty obvious Ahmadinejad is anti-semetic and wants to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareappleGolddragnet what's with all the hate?

What nonsense, what do you mean "hate", you are very misguided if you think there is hate in what I posted. However I think it is ridiculous that people believe GW Bushs lies about Iran. The whole world now knows he lied about reasons for going to war with Iraq. He is doing exactly the same thing now, only instead of the WMDs excuse he is trying to provoke Iran and use the nuclear power issue, despite the fact that it is widely known that Iran is a very long way off from having any kind of nuclear weapons, and Bush has nuclear weapons so he is not in any kind of position to tell anyone else they can't have them. After he destroys his own nukes then he might have at least some credibility in talking about banning nuclear weapons, but to preach to one country that they can't have nuclear energy while he has got a huge arsenal of nuclear weapons is totally hypocritical. The only country to ever drop an atom bomb on another nation was USA.
There is nothing confusing about those CIA links.

I have added something on topic. Iran is not any danger and are not going to be dropping nuclear bombs on anyone in the near future, and anyone who believes they will have been listening to far too much of GW Bushs propaganda machine.
When last did Iran ever attack anyone? Bush started a war in Iraq based on LIES. He started a war in Afganistan and is still there, supposedly to catch Bin Laden, even though he has since admited he doesn't care about Bin Laden, and before that war the Taliban even offered to hand over Bin Laden if USA showed their evidence that he was involved in 9/11, in reply USA said they had the evidence but wouldn't show it and then dropped bombs on Afganistan, and the FBI has later admitted that they don't have any kind of evidence that Bin Laden was involved in 9/11 so they even removed him from their 9/11 wanted list. So USA lied to go to war with Afganistan also. Bush is now trying to start a war with Iran, and some of you guys really believe him that Iran is some kind of threat.

USA are the aggressors here, not Iran. It would be more appropriate to discuss "Who will USA drop their bombs on next?"

Iran have signed the Nuclear Proliferation Agreement, something Israel has NOT done, and yet they have nuclear weapons, never mind nuclear power facilities

And the Iranian president never said he wanted to blow Israel off the face of the planet, that was a deliberate misquote, he was calling for a regime change in Israel, but the western media reported it as they wished, and later corrected it, but the correction didn't get the headlines and they still like to use the misquote. And there are ALOT of people in the world who would like to see a regime change in Israel.

Neocons in Cheney's Office Fund al Qaeda-Tied Groups
www.alternet.org...

[edit on 21-3-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You are very misguided if you imagine Iran are developing nuclear weapons to drop on Israel or USA in the near future.

To address the topic of this thread, I would like to say that I do believe that Iran is working on nuclear weapons.I certainly would like to believe the official statements of the Iranian government to the contrary. To
that end, I can certainly understand that Iran is a proud people and there could exist, within the fundamental Islamic government, an aspect of defiance. In a misguided attempt to assert itself within the world community, Iran might have chosen a path of defiance against the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, ignoring it outright. But this action speaks volumes for Iran has accerated it's nuclear program and, with the proliferation of centrifuges that Iran has obtained for the processing nuclear materials, seems to be on a course towards developing nuclear weapons.

Iran is not a threat

Well, just for the record, Iran has actively been waging war against her own people, primarily a war against the Kurdish minority for decades. It is no secret that the Kurdish minorities in Iran (as well as Turkey and, at one time, in Iraq, have undergone frequent attacks aimed at maintaining control and to squelch a persistent independence movement. So, it should be noted that "peaceful" countries like Iran are certainly capable of strong-armed tactics, violence and, perhaps, even war.

One can even understand how Iran, or any proud people, might feel about developing, manufacturing and maintaining a nuclear weapon. For some it might be a source of national pride, taken in the knowledge that
their nation had accomplished a very difficult technological undertaking akin to landing a man on the moon. However by repeatedly violating a treaty to which Iran was a signatory, I am alarmed. Coupled with curiously antagonistic and threatening statements by Iran's President and leading clerics, I must assume that Iran has or will obtain nuclear weapons (at least that is the intention) and that Iran is more than willing and able to use them against, as threatened, Israel.

Provocative statements by Iran's president and leading clerics might be just that -- provocative rhetoric but, nonetheless it demonstrates that Iran is a power that must not be ignored. Assumptions cannot be readily
made that could characterize Iran as a peaceful state.

Considering that Iran's President has made some forthright statements calling for the destruction of Israel coupled with similar statements by leading Iranian clerics, one might guess that Iran might drop "the bomb" on Israel. Iran certainly has missiles that would be capable of reaching Israel so such an attack would be perfectly possible. The only thing that remains is for the act to occur.

Rhetoric does not always denote intent. Intent does not always develop into action. Sometimes the intent is to spew rhetoric. I hope that is the
case with Iran.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It is all very well to say the Iran "might be" a threat to its neighbours in the future "if" they develop nuclear weapons. But it is totally hypocritical of western countries, particularly USA and Britain to accuse them of anything. USA and Britian ARE aggresive countries right now, they have caused thousands of deaths in Afganistan and Iraq, both those conflicts based on lies. USA does have nuclear weapons now, as does Britain, USA has dropped an Atom bomb on another nation.
What about other nations who have nuclear weapons already and are ALOT more aggresive to other countries than Iran. Russia, China, USA and Britain. So why aren't the media making a huge issue about those countries being so aggressive, instead of targeting Iran. China have an appaling human rights record and are an aggresive regime, but in recent times the media coverage of them has changed totally, because it suits GW Bushs agenda, he wants a war with Iran, so the media propaganda machine are making a big issue about Iran despite how totally hypocritical it is.
GW Bush isn't in any kind of position to lecture Iran about weapons or being a danger to world peace. He even refered to himself as a "War President" on occasion. The real issue should be "who is USA going to drop their bombs on next" and it seems Iran is one of the likely answers.

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Contrary to popular paranoid western society groupthink, I don't believe Iran is suicidal and thus will not drop a bomb unless attacked with such a device. This same old propaganda crap arose in the 50's with Russia and guess what?... even the pinko commie bastards of that time loved their children too.

The greatest threat to humanity is kooks in power that program others to fear the nuke reaper and laugh all the way to the bank. So will you be diving under your office desk for nuke drills or elect someone who's honest and believes in diplomacy in 2008? Stop the insanity... say no to sheeple think.

[edit on 23-3-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

War with Israel (though I'd doubt they'll waste something like that on that tiny country). -

That tiny country will drop one(and probably alot more)on Iran before they'd even get close to building their first.

John Wayne Send'em ta hell

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
That tiny country will drop one(and probably alot more)on Iran before they'd even get close to building their first.

You mean they'll actually nuke Iran?
Why should they?

They do it, world opinion turns against them and every muslim country goes to war with them.

If Iran makes the first move then at least they'll (Israel) get support from the rest of the world.

And wasting a nuclear weapon on such a small country that poses no military threat to Iran whatsoever is not likely to happen.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by HAL the bot]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Why should they?

Why would they bomb one of the largest oil reserves in the Middle East?

They do it, world opinion turns against them and every muslim country goes to war with them.

If world opinion mattered to Israel, they wouldn't kill civilians in Lebanon nor Palestine.

If Iran makes the first move then at least they'll (Israel) get support from the rest of the world.

And if Israel makes the first move, will you still support Israel?

And wasting a nuclear weapon on such a small country that poses no military threat to Iran whatsoever is not likely to happen.

No military threat to Iran? You do understand that Israel has the highest military to population ratio in the world, many millions of dollars in US funding for its military, weapon technology, and weaponry?

[edit on by DJMessiah]

[edit on 25-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why should they?

Oh come on man. Ahmadenijhad has stated that the holocaust never happened and that Israel should be wiped off the map. Do you really think Israel would for a second allow Iran to possess a nuclear weapon. I highly doubt it.

Ever seen the news pal? World opinion has been anti Israel for three decades now(with the exception of the US). And just about every muslim nation that could go to war has gone to war with Israel, and they have very little to show for it.

Israel isn't for a second going to put her fate and that of her people in the hands of anyother nation(US included).

That little country has kicked the crap out of all the big countries around her many times. And Israel does possess nuclear weapons as well as the capability to deliver them right to Ahmadenijhad's front door.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Oh come on man. Ahmadenijhad has stated that the holocaust never happened

He did? Would you like to show us his quote?

and that Israel should be wiped off the map.

Shuma mefamee cherakam Farsi gap bizan'eeh, yah keh chee maguyum? If you don't understand what I just said, then how do you know what he really said? The "wipe off the map" comment was intentionally misinterpreted by MEMRI, a pro-Israeli propoganda website.

Do you really think Israel would for a second allow Iran to possess a nuclear weapon. I highly doubt it.

Israel wont even allow Iran to have nuclear power plants to power their country.

Ever seen the news pal? World opinion has been anti Israel for three decades now(with the exception of the US).

Or maybe Israel is spreading their propoganda to make Jews think the world is against them, so they think that the only safe place for them is in Israel.

And just about every muslim nation that could go to war has gone to war with Israel, and they have very little to show for it.

Look into your history and you will see that Israel always was behind the first attack, or led to some kind of provocation to start a war. Don't think the Israeli government is so innocent. I would advise you to research the USS Liberty attack.

Israel isn't for a second going to put her fate and that of her people in the hands of anyother nation(US included).

Of course not. Time and time again, Israel has shown itself to be arrogant and not follow UN rules. Israel wants everything their own way.

And Israel does possess nuclear weapons as well as the capability to deliver them right to Ahmadenijhad's front door.

Which means Iran shouldn't be worried?

[edit on 25-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Why should they?

I would have to disagree entirely. No matter what Israel does USA will support them, and Britain too. Israel have enormous influence over USA. If they do drop bombs on Iran then USA will make excuses for them, but it is more likely that Israel will get USA to drop bombs on Iran for them.

World opinion has been against Israeli aggresion in Lebanon last year, world opinion has been against USA and Britain invading Iraq, since when did that make any difference to them, they will do what they want. And war is very good business for the huge corporations that run the US government, they make billions of dollars when bombs are dropped, that is what wars are about, the corrupt big businesses making money.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by golddragnet]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join