It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 ufo video's I have never seen before!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I found these on youtube today and was wondering if some of the experts here at ATS could give thier opinions on these. Personally I think the 1st one is real and the other 2 are fake.. take a look and see what you guys think.

www.youtube.com...

looks authentic to me.

www.youtube.com...

and finally this one:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
1. Bogus as can be. Bad masking on the tree is a dead give away.

2. This one is the hardest to discredit. I am surprised the photographer has nothing to say.

3. I seen this before. It's the so called "Gay UFO". Artificial camera movement says it's a cgi fake.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say that, yeah, these are all CGI UFOs. The first one is pretty obvious, the second one shows how it's badly incorporated in reference to the reference points (the tree) and is also wrongly contrasted/lighted, the third one just CGI, there's no doubt in my mind that it isn't.

Keep up the good work though!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Horribly done hoaxes that just add to the rest of the trash that clouds the truth and makes some genuine evidence loose credibility. The hoaxes,Hollywood and the policy of the USA's and other governments attitude towards the serious scientific research into extra-terrestrial or inter-dimensional life shows how narrow minded and ignorant the majority still remains.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Capn Gizmo ,sorry but there all CGI;the second one is taken from the History channel's UFO files programme and was used as a reconstruction of a real event.
I beleive theres plenty of unexplained footage out there whereupon debunkers have tried (and failed)to shoehorn in rational explanations but when it comes to CGI I think many people can tell there bogus.
Cheers Karl

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is. Very badly done hoaxes...the 1st even uses a tileable texture! Couldn't the hoaxers even paint a decent texture map for it?? (hell, why not even go the full hog and spend a whole 10 mins on the spec map as well? lol)

As someone who does 3d for a living (and also has an interest in ufo's) I find fakes like this to be the lowest form of life. I've never once had the urge to produce a fake, and I'm sure as hell if I can resist it so can everybody else.

Waynes easy check list for fake videos:
=========================

1: Is the movement a bit too smooth? Speed too consistant or jump suddenly?

2: Do the textures look like they have been painted my an artistic mnkey using only his anus?

3: Does the 'ufo' look way too much in sharp focus in comparision to the rest of the image?

4: Does it look too saturated in comparision to the rest of the image?

5: Is the 'UFO' very simplistic in design?

6: Is it badly lit? Or does the lighting somehow look 'wrong'?

7: Are any shadows it casts correct (ie are the shadows for time of day and distance from light source consistant?) Beware the UFO video with razor sharp shadows!

If the answer to these (or a few of them) are yes, then its 99% certain its a fake. Its not a conprehensive list, but its a starting point.

Wayne...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have to admit I'm not very good at identifying cgi. What was the general feel on this one:

www.youtube.com...

Is it cgi? The dialog would tend to support this as legit.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
10538> Yeah, sorry (and I'm generally pretty good at spotting CGI
).

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Three clear hoaxs.

Sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All 3 are obvious hoxes....
I think what makes hoaxes such as these most apparent to the lay person is the focus and blurr characteristics of the genuine film vs the cgi component....

Even if you are not an expert if you are mindful of this the brain can easily pick up disparities such as this as these types of focal anomolies do not happen in normal veiwing.... it is very obvious to me anyway when such focal errors are prensent.

Often even if you can not logically determine what or how bad this is your brain can... and the cgi component sticks out like dogs balls.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
10538 faKE.....
lIKE i said in my last post sometimes even if it is not as obvious as the first 3 for example:
focal degredation errors (or mpeg compression distortion disparities ETC) make the cgi components stand out and appear unreal.....
This is a better fake as an 1/2 decent attempt has been made to suitably blur the ufo... but it still does not share the same "mpeg grainyness" (to invent my own terminology?) to be 100% convincing....

FAKE!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok. Then how about this one.
www.youtube.com...

or this one
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would guess the first one was probably genuine based on the fact that it is of such a low quality as to be of not much use anyway... why bother faking something that would not convice anyone of anything?

The second one is a much better job if it is a fake (and honestly i can not be 100% certain on this one) if it is real it is a very impressive video... although it is harder for me to tell than the others as the focus ETC appear to be about right...... I would be interested to see what the "photo shop" guys have to say.

I dont really know for sure but my money would be on fake due to the cliched nature of the material. And the fact that there is an unusually high amount of detail on the craft itself.. which is uncharacteristic of most ametuer ufo videos ETC.....
I think it is most likely a good fake...
But I am open to the sujestion (by the slimmest of margins) that it may be real......

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538
Ok. Then how about this one.
www.youtube.com...

or this one
www.youtube.com...

In my opinion both are hoaxes although I have to admit the quality on the 1st video is so damn bad a really good debunk is out of the question. 2nd one, it just screams bad animation to me I'm sorry.

I'd hate to be in the 1st videos saucer! Talk about making you sea sick with all that swaying and moving about... the 'stretch at the end of the 2nd one is a simple animation technique in 3d. (In fact its even using in cheap cg cartoons!)

Wayne...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If it's on YouTube, doubt, doubt and..doubt.

This site is great for a lot of things.

Real video of UFO's ? Not so much.

Lex

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by the secret web
I'd hate to be in the 1st videos saucer! Talk about making you sea sick with all that swaying and moving about... the 'stretch at the end of the 2nd one is a simple animation technique in 3d. (In fact its even using in cheap cg cartoons!)

Boy, you guys are tough! Well, this proves how we will never have disclosure when anything on video is automatically dismissed as a hoax. Personally, I think these two videos are the best evidence. The first UFO that wobbles is so cool. Put your thinking cap on Wayne. Any craft that could travel light years has to have an ability to shield it's occupants from the effects of inertia. Otherwise they would be turned to mush the instance they hit the warp one button. Actually gravity manipulation shields the inertia. So wobbling means absolutely nothing. It could just mean the gyro does not work as well at low speed.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As you are a new user - I sure hope the mods give you that - but for some reason I think you are just trolling this board. All of the videos you supplied are hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
If it's on YouTube, doubt, doubt and..doubt.

This site is great for a lot of things.

Real video of UFO's ? Not so much.

Lex

By the same token, anything on the internet (including anything you post) is also bogus?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
As you are a new user - I sure hope the mods give you that - but for some reason I think you are just trolling this board. All of the videos you supplied are hoaxes.

Not trolling. Only seeking truth. But how do you KNOW these are hoaxes? Where's the proof?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538

Not trolling. Only seeking truth. But how do you KNOW these are hoaxes? Where's the proof?

Anyone with a half of a brain would easily detect those images as CGI - they are computer generated. If you want to believe them to be real - feel free, no one is stopping you. As for my proof - I am not the one who upped the videos, nor am I the one supporting them to be true UFOs - so it is not MY duty to produce any evidence, that would be YOUR duty since you believe them to be real. So, state YOUR proof and suppositions against my allegations that those are computer generated graphics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join