It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: New Board Code Update: Thread Display

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
we still don't know what the colors are for

jeez...

Well, from what I am seeing so far with these new colors, it appears that for members there is now a base level color of green, which grows brighter as you post. It's where the bar color changes that is the curious part.

SO mighta dropped us a big hint with the initial bar change being reflective of a ratio. But exactly what ratio he is using now to achieve a color change is the real trick. For members it's looking like it might be a ratio of applauses to post count. But it could be wats to post counts, post counts to replies, views to threads started, lol, who knows what the dastardly Overlord has cooked up for us.
And as to the mods new colors, phew, I have no clue, if I have a clue at all about any of this.

Edit to add: Posts to points ratios? lol, I'm in the dark just lighting matches.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
take a look at SO's mini-profile...

it seems that one can now have two bars

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Looks like each full bar represents 10,000 posts, I'm curious though if you have more than 20,000 posts do you get a third bar and so on...? And it seems that the second bar is a different color, who knows why... oh yeah SO does.

PS. Lets just wait for Gazrok to break 20,000 to see if he gets a third bar...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think there's something wrong with the second bar, seems like its color has an extra nibble in it.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
be on the look out for "posts" and "threads" in the profiles of ATSers (look on top)...

are these new (or were they always there???)...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It looks like it's almost certainly an applause to post ratio.

At 182 Applause over the course of 4879 posts I average an an applause every 27 posts. I have something vaguely reddish. (incidentally, I'm such an egotist that I have saved every applause notification I recieved in the last 2 years... sometimes I like to go back and relive flamewars past)

Loam has 119 applause for 4008- 1 applause every 34 posts. He's got sorta a bronzish one.

Majic, another former Black Bar of Doom clubmember has 110 applause over 11521 posts, has the standard green bar blue bar stackup to go with his average of an applause every 105 posts.

The scarry thing though is that I haven't been applauded in almost 2 months, so my bar could conceivably degrade back to common-place green.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The first bar looks the same as I described it a few pages ago....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far the second, I don't know, I haven't even looked into it except to notice the color doesn't look set right.

[edit on 3/26/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 3/26/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
(incidentally, I'm such an egotist that I have saved every applause notification I recieved in the last 2 years...

i only just deleted all of mine (i saved them too)...

i needed the space...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Clubbing And Bar-Hopping

Majic, another former Black Bar of Doom clubmember has 110 applause over 11521 posts, has the standard green bar blue bar stackup to go with his average of an applause every 105 posts.

The scarry thing though is that I haven't been applauded in almost 2 months, so my bar could conceivably degrade back to common-place green.

Welcome to the club.

I haven't gotten an applause in over a year.

In fact, the last applause I got was on 3/19/06, and it was the very same applause that put me in the BBoD Club.

The next day I became a mod, and I haven't gotten an applause since -- seeing as mods can't applaud other mods for some reason.

Alas, for us applause whores losing the ability to receive applause is a bitter pill indeed.

However, being able to give out applause more than makes up for it, I think.

Pay it forward.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It looks like it's almost certainly an applause to post ratio.

I don't think so...or maybe I just don't get the color order...

I think all of the "Black Bar" members were Valhall, Majic, The Vagabond, loam, BH, Regenmacher, & Soficrow.

Valhall's profile is no longer available... Majic is a super mod and has two bars... The Vagabond is a mod, but has only one bar...

Here may be a useful image:

loam..regen
sofi...bh
vagabond

I still don't get it...

Btw, what is "total views"? I hope that doesn't mean I have no life...

[edit on 26-3-2007 by loam]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Btw, what is "total views"? I hope that doesn't mean I have no life...

Amount of times people have viewed your threads?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by loamMajic is a super mod and has two bars... The Vagabond is a mod, but has only one bar...

Each full bar would have to represent 10,000 posts. I think the second bar being blue may be due to some incomplete coding.

Just a guess.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I dont mind the new bars I guess it just that now no one really seems to be able to nail down the 2nd bar issue and how the olour changes. Meh I guess I'll go back to just sitting and waiting till SO comes back to tell us what it means.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Who wrote this code?? Git him in here and make him start explaining....

Skeptic... YOO HOO!!

We're dying in here... tell us about the bars, oh mighty one. Or don't, and continue to be amused with yourself. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Rise from your grave

I resurrect this thread because I still don't know the final answer to the post bar question.

When we last saw our hero, he had figured out the red and blue components of the bar.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, here's what I have:

The red component of the color (the first byte in the hex color code) is determined by applauses. The value is the number of applauses you have + 50, with an apparent minimum value of 52 (values in decimal).

The blue component (the last byte in the hex color code) is easy, 0 for non-staff 128 for staff (decimal).

Now the green component (middle byte) has been giving me trouble. It's definitely related to number of posts (like the length) and seems to range from 50 - 250, increasing with number of posts up to 10,000 (again like the length). The exact way the figure is calculated though escapes me, it looks like it's either a sliding scale or just predefined ranges without an equation behind it, I'm not sure.

As far as people who don't have bars, I think it's just that the system hasn't calculated them yet for some reasons, although there's a possibility that too many applauses or posts could "break" it, but I'm not sure about that.

OK....there you go.

What's the deal with the green?

Also, are there any "unknown" factors playing into this whole mess?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Right, so any definitive answer to this yet ?

Fox

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

[edit on 19-3-2008 by starskipper]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

I'm with ya Sunset!

I'd like to know too, after all this time just wondering about it!

Enquiring minds want to know!

I wanna know!

PLEASE!

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join