It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: New Board Code Update: Thread Display

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That's right. It was all so pretty before. Look and weep

[edit on 19/3/07 by SteveR]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Member applause is stored in a different database table from your profile and your posts... so until we fix that, we're no longer querying applause totals for the mini-profiles.

However, it and a few more interesting stats have been added to your extended profiles.

30 minutes after cutting over the new code, server load went from 72% to 36%... it's going to be a major overall boost.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
But just altering the font part of the code shouldn't be a problem, right? Or did you want a new look..

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Minor bug:

Friend/Foe/u2u buttons are showing up under my own posts.

[edit on 3/19/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I do like that, I had no clue how many applauses I had received
And that is a great big huge difference in server load. You have successfully decreased the load by half. That could make anyone happy.

so exactly what is the bar reflecting at this point? The amount of threads started or the amount of posts?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well it looks the same to me.

And also whilst others were mentioning the grey lettering and such it was the same in my poker discussion thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I noticed the letters where it says Member and Moderator are gray now, is this a bug?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
they're not all the same, look above you, enjoies has a small bar.
Everyone point and laugh at enjoies and his small bar

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo
Well it looks the same to me.

On BTS it still looks like the old bar.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

Originally posted by Crakeur
they're not all the same, look above you, enjoies has a small bar.
Everyone point and laugh at enjoies and his small bar

LMFAO!

Hey, my bar is smaller too, WTF?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would also like to jump in and say that I too will miss the old post bar.

It held so much info - Different shades depending on how much applause you had, a length that appeared to be a better representation of how many posts you had over the current bar, and you could hover above the post bar to see how many posts the person had made...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
buckaroo, the changes haven't been moved to BTS yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

On BTS it still looks like the old bar.

not so it seem from sardions thread a few moments later.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It changes every time i go in and out of this thread.

I saw the grey on this thread it was still red on my poker thread, and this was grey now this thread is red again yet when Umbrax posted to respond to me it was grey , if you follow ........

Edit never mind I think I get it the sardion thread was a board business one .

[edit on 19-3-2007 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I noticed the letters where it says Member and Moderator are gray now, is this a bug?

no, its the new thing now i guess:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

also, does anyone know how this new bar works???

my old one was all filled up and now it isn't

is there a new max post limit in order to fill up this new bar???

thanks...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I like the red color. It's more pleasing to the eye than grey. The bar resembles a metal rod fired-up
till it glows red. It's Hot!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not wanting to join the chorus of disenchantment, but...

I too prefer the old bar. It made it very simple to get an idea of a members history and quality of post. The new bar just looks like it is trying too hard, too chunky by far. Does it still represent applauses at all, or is it simply grey at one end, red at the other?

Congrats on the other changes though, if the post bar is the only thing people are complaining about, you've done well. Everyone can still post, and that's the heart of ATS anyway, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why is my bar so small now???

Previously it was already past the N in points... Now it looks like I have not contributed to the board at all....

The upper limit of this bar must be huge!!

The one thing I always found great about ATS is that it's Quality not Quantity of posts that counts... with this new bar it looks like neither count.

SO is this new bar work in progress or is it here to stay??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
. this new bar is generic..

While I see what your getting at, and agree with some of it, I think this is the greatest asset of this new bar. For the obvious reasons. Now, as a member, we are forced to actually read the posts of members and decide their worth. In my days as a member, I was lucky enough to receive enough Applauses to break the old post bar. I mean, I don't kid myself for a second to think I'm in the same realm as half of this board when it comes to worthy posts. I read some of the material from new members with a glowing gray bar, and a lot of it goes unnoticed. I think some members may pass over a post or two, because the member is supporting a miniscule gray bar. With this new one, we are on one level and everyone is an equal. Our posts speak for themselves, and the bar will not speak for ourselves anymore.

I think Applauses! are a form of reinforcement, not a determining factor for some mythological "ATS hierarchy".

And we can not overlook what is most important.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
30 minutes after cutting over the new code, server load went from 72% to 36%... it's going to be a major overall boost.

I know personally, my browser was having some problems viewing ATS. Once or twice I x'd out and walked away for a few minutes because it frustrates me. Considering this new upgrade is going to drastically enhance the board output, how can we possibly disagree with that?

I've noticed a big difference myself.

And to show that I am capable of having an opinion of my own, not just agreeing with everything that the Admin do, I will say that I did prefer the old red titles. I prefer the old titles, but I happen to like the new post bar.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
What I can't understand is why is my bar so small now???
NeoN HaZe.

Well it is the middle of winter

but I don't mind it, sounds more like bruised ego's

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join