It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: New Board Code Update: Thread Display

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Kudos to you dj on figuring it out.

Page source

I didn`t even know one existed.

When ever I get the BB code right,I pretend I`m a computer programmer, thanks for busting my bubble.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by gps777]

Dae

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If you weren't a mod you'd be this color:

May I lick your brain? I promise I wont bite... we will just have to figure out how to get the top of your skull off without leaving too much scarring...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
May I lick your brain?

Hmm...as interesting as that sounds, I think I'll take a pass.

As a consulation prize I made you a friend though

[edit on 3/22/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Remember the exact way to figure the green level still hasn't been determined yet.

If someone can figure out a systematic method that can accurately predict the green component of any user's bar color, I'm sure there'll be points in it. I'd sure be willing to give a bunch (100K) of my own if SO agrees.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm truely impressed too.

Would you mind to initiate us mortals how you get to the source page?

Or do we have to go to the computer forum for that.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It depends on your browser/OS. THere should be a "View Source..." option under some menu...on my system it's in the "View" menu.

Look for the bgcolor value for the 0.gif image right under one's points display.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Er, view then page source? Or like he said.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by apex]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well all I got to say about the bar is it bugs me. Too see others so large and mine so small. I sometimes just think I'm going to quit posting altogether.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Well all I got to say about the bar is it bugs me. Too see others so large and mine so small. I sometimes just think I'm going to quit posting altogether.

Hmmm that's what's called a Knee Jerk Reaction.

The size of your bar is not as important as your points. Keep posting quality and your points will grow.

If your bar is small but you have lots of points it is a good indicator of the quality of the posts you have made.

If you have a massive long bar and no points, it's a good indictor of someone who posts quantity over quality.

And someone who has loads of points and also has a long bar are the people that really contribute to the board and should be greatly respected.

A bar is better than no bar at all!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 22-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ignore the bar and just keep posting. Before you know it, it'll be long and lime green like mine (or even a bright yellow like BH's!)

If you're really lucky, you'll become a mod and get a shade of blue in there too!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Don't worry I've said it lots to myself and still here. I love this site. The people, the way its ran, how nice it is. I'll be here forever I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thank you djhon, wasn't hard to find. It embarrasing to say, but I've used computers for 20 years, even custumized templates for my blogs, and I never known this function.

Anyway my bar is #564200.

For enlighten me djohn, you get my WAT.

And now I know where to look, I shall crack my head to crack the formula for the green.

Dae

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

As a consulation prize I made you a friend though

Oh dear cant be helped, the remote viewing bunneh went and twitched its nose by yer prefrontal cortex
Im happy with that

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
The size of your bar is not as important as your points.

See, you can't really say that, either. Points don't give much of an indication other than here's someone who doesn't spend their points (like me). Some people blow through their points as soon as they get them, continually changing the setup on their mini profiles etc.

I glommed a jackload of points tagging threads when points were given for that. And I just don't spend many. Wouldn't want anyone to get an inflated view of my worth as a member by looking at points. You'd be misinformed.

Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You have voted djohnsto77 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

That's what I do now

Remember the exact way to figure the green level still hasn't been determined yet.

The green, the green. Someone please figure out the green.
It's making me crazy...

no wait

It's making me sane

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I spend my points on changing my colors around and things. So my points are down.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
first I just noticed the bar been green mine is neon green now.

I actually like red, but if now is to be neon green or puky green for the starters, so beat it.

I only caught a glimpse of what the new page is going to look like at the top and it was rather pleasant.

Too bad it only lasted one click for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If your on Firefox web browser all you have to do is right click and view page source, a new window will appear with the pages source code on it.

However.. niteboys is still purple!

And I was wondering if you can find a glitch because I would like a hot pink bar.. is that possible???

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I spend my points on changing my colors around and things. So my points are down.

Me too. In fact because I'm useless, I generally spend at least double the amount I need to when changing something, due to stupid mistakes.

You know what I do to figure out how valid someones contribution is?

I read what they post.

It's unorthodox, but effective.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the point system. I just think that people tend to put a little too much stock in them, from time to time.

[edit on 22/3/07 by Implosion]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I betcha SO is going to make a new post bar with an even bigger equation to go along with it

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join