posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
AL EAST
NY Yanks
Boston (WC)
Blue Jays
Tampa
Orioles
Comments: The AL east probably has the top two teams in the AL this year. The Yanks and BoSox will battle once again for the top spot. Two things will determine who wins this division, the Red Sox closer, and where will Roger Clemens play. Don't discount the D-Rays this year, they could play spoiler in September.

AL CENTRAL (bloodbath division)
Detriot
Indians
Twins
Chicago
Royals
Comments:Four teams have the chance to win this division. Without Liriano in the mix the Twins will need to rely on rookies Matt Garza and Boof Bonser to carry much of the workload. The Indians very well may have the rookie of the year in Adam Miller, but have no place for him to start. Detriot still has enough young arms and with the addition of Gary Sheffield should give their offense a boost. This race will be one on the last series of the season. The Royals will once again struggle to win 60 games.

AL WEST
Angles
Oakland
Texas
Seattle
Comments:The angles 5th starter is Bartolo Colon who is only a year removed from his Cy Young season. If their staff can stay healthy they should be able to fend off the A's. The A's will need a healthly season from Rich Harden if they want to compete. Texas still can't find any quality starters, and Seattle only ambition this season should be to resign Ichiro.

NL EAST
Philly
Marlins
Mets
Braves
Nat's
Comments:I really have no idea. The Mets may have the worst starting rotation in baseball, so this is why I can't pick them. Their offense will have to carry the team. This might be the Phil's year. They improved their starting pitching, and still have the league MVP. Bullpens woes may be their undoing. The Marlins are very likeable team. They have a lot of young players that aren't making millions yet, and will be playing hard each night. Washington may be worse than the Royals this year.

NL Central
Reds
Cards(WC)
Brewers
Cubs
Astros
Pirates
Comments: I really wanted to pick the Brewers, but I just think there are a year away. They have a great core of young players, and a pretty good rotation. St. Louis just got hot at the right time last year, they really weren't better than any team they beat in the playoffs. They still have the best player on the planet in Albert Pujols, so they are always in it for the wild card. Unless the Astros get Roger Clemens they do not have enough talent.

NL WEST
Dodgers
Giants
Arizona
Padres
Colorado
Comments: Wow, this division stinks. I guess the number 1# factor is what are the Barry(s) going to do. Barry Zito will compete for the Cy Young over in the national league, and if Bonds can play at a high level for 130 games the Giants very well could win the division. Arizona has a lot of good young talent, they could be a surprise team. Who ever wins this division will barely be over .500.

Playoffs: AL BoSox over Angles Yanks get revenge over Tigers
Yanks win in 7 over Red Sox. Tim Wakefield losing pitcher again!!!!!!!

NL
Cards beat Phils Dodgers beat Reds
Cards once again go to WS after beating Phils

Yanks destroy Cards in 3 1/2 games.

AL MVP: After 2 year snub voters actually watch Big Papi play and realize how good he is. Travs Hafner comes in second.
AL Cy Young: Boring.... Johan wins again. Halladay and Schilling battle for second place.
AL rookie of the year:Alex Gordon, a Royal wins something. Adam Miller is the sleeper.

NL MVP: Pujols, Pujols, and more Pujols
NL Cy Young:Zito knocks off Chris Capenter's Cy Young run.
NL Rookie of the year: Chris Young (the one in Arizona), and watch out for James Looney on the Dodgers if he ever gets a place to play.

EDIT: added Cubs and post season awards

[edit on 19-3-2007 by testrat]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So I guess the Cubs aren't even bothering to field a team this year, then?

That should make Piniella's job a bit easier. Can't lose if you don't play.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
So I guess the Cubs aren't even bothering to field a team this year, then?

That should make Piniella's job a bit easier. Can't lose if you don't play.

Ha Ha!!! I forgot there was 6 teams in the Central.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat

That's okay. maybe it's an omen...Cubs completely overlooked at the beginning of the season but COME ON FIRE TO TAKE IT ALL!!! or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by testrat

That's okay. maybe it's an omen...Cubs completely overlooked at the beginning of the season but COME ON FIRE TO TAKE IT ALL!!! or not.

My problem with the Cubs is that the Soriano signing looks good on paper, but in fact he is now blocking their best prospect (felix pie) from the majors. Soriano was a hack in left field last season and now he is playing centerfield. If I was the Cubs I would let Soriano play second base, where he wants to play. Use De rosa or whoever is at second as a utility guy, and let Felix Pie be your centerfielder of the future. Felix is a 21 year old 5 tool player who is having a good spring, might as well give him a shot.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not necessarily a big Cubs fan, but I'd like to see 'em win just so the Cubs fans can SHADDAP already. Much like the Red Sox did.
:bash:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Uhmm... Yep forget the Cubs. The White Sox are taking it all again..

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Uhmm... Yep forget the Cubs. The White Sox are taking it all again..

That central division is tough. The White Sox could easily make another run.

JbT

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I personaly think that the Blue Jays have a competetive line-up. Enough to possibly challenge for 2nd in their division right there along with Boston or New York.

If they get pitching like they can, I truly belive they can be a force in the East. Maybe even a Playoff Birth.

I cant see their Home Run totals dropping, if anything, they should pickup. So its all about Pitching for the Jays.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by JbT]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
I personaly think that the Blue Jays have a competetive line-up. Enough to possibly challenge for 2nd in their division right there along with Boston or New York.

If they get pitching like they can, I truly belive they can be a force in the East. Maybe even a Playoff Birth.

I cant see their Home Run totals dropping, if anything, they should pickup. So its all about Pitching for the Jays.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by JbT]

Most people forget but the Jays did finish above the Red Sox last year. After Halladay and Burnett their SP takes a major decline. The loss of Ted Lilly will hurt their staff, he was a Red Sox killer. The addition of The Big Hurt will add a nice boost to the middle of their lineup.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
testrat,

I enjoy your basball knowledge especially that of the cleveland indians. On that roster I am telling everyone right now WATCH JEREMY SOWERS...he is a stud and a future superstar. he had 3-4 complete games last year. He very well could be in the mix for cy young if not this year then next year.

Also, Cleveland indians Will win the world series. There is no need for eplanation. They are the best.
And Travis hafner aka. PRONK will win the MVP

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
AL EAST
NY Yanks
Toronto
Boston (WC)
Tampa
Orioles

AL Central

Chicago
Indians
Detroit
Royals
Twins

AL West
Texas
Oakland
Seattle
Anaheim

National League?.... Really don't care.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
testrat,

I enjoy your basball knowledge especially that of the cleveland indians. On that roster I am telling everyone right now WATCH JEREMY SOWERS...he is a stud and a future superstar. he had 3-4 complete games last year. He very well could be in the mix for cy young if not this year then next year.

Also, Cleveland indians Will win the world series. There is no need for eplanation. They are the best.
And Travis hafner aka. PRONK will win the MVP

I like Sowers a lot to. One thing that concerns me about him is his lack of strikeouts. Not sure of the exact #, but I think he only average 1-2 K's/9 innings. Cleveland can be really good this year. I love their pick up of Josh Barfield, he will be one of the best second baseman in the AL for awhile.

This division will be close all year.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
AL East
*-NY Yankees 112-50
Boston Red Sox 95-67
Baltimore Orioles 82-80
Toronto Blue Jays74-88
Tampa Bay Devil Rays 62-100

Central
*-Detorit Tigers 110-52
@-Cleveland Indians 98-64
Minnesota Twins 90-72
Chicago White Sox 84-78
Kansas City Royals 55-107

West
*-Oakland A's 95-67
Texas Rangers 90-72
LA/An Angels 88-74
Seattle Mariners 75-87

NL East
*-Philadelphia Phillies 91-71
Atlanta Braves 89-73
New York Mets 85-77
Florida Marlins 83-79
Washington Nations 77-85

Central
*-St. Louis Cardinals 102-60
Milwaukee Brewers 90-72
Cincinnati Reds 89-73
Chicago Cubs 82-80
Pittsburgh Pirates 78-84
Houston Astros 71-91

West
*-LA Dodgers 104-58
@-San Diego Padres 91-71
Arizonia Diamondbacks 85-77
SF Giants 82-80
Colorado Rockies 77-85

Playoffs:

AL:
NYY over Oakland
Det over Cleveland

NYY 4-2 over Detroit

NL:
StL over Philly
LA over SD

LA over St. Louis

World Series: NYY 4-3 over LA

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm gonna skip all the long drawn out stuff, and just give my world series prediction.

It's gonna be.........

Atlanta Braves 4.

New York Yankees 2.

There's the short and sweet of it. no need to discuss wild cards or pennants.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
I'm gonna skip all the long drawn out stuff, and just give my world series prediction.

It's gonna be.........

Atlanta Braves 4.

New York Yankees 2.

There's the short and sweet of it. no need to discuss wild cards or pennants.

Oh God, I hope not. I have always hated the Yankees, and I am increasingly growing to hate the Braves, :shk: just like the New England Patriots in football.

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 30-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
AL EAST
--------
1.Boston Red Sox
2.Baltimore Orioles
3.New York Yankees
4.Toronto Blue Jays
5.Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Central
-----------
1.Chicago White Sox
2.Minnesota Twins
3.Detroit Tigers
4.Cleveland Indians
5.Kansas City Royals

West
-----
1.Texas Rangers
2.Oakland A's
3.LA/AN Angels
4.Seattle Mariners

NL East
--------
1.New York Mets
2.Atlanta Braves
3.Philadelphia Phillies
4.Florida Marlins
5.Washington Nationals

Central
--------
1.Milwaukee Brewers
2.St Louis Cardinals
3.Chicago Cubs
4.Cincinnati Reds
5.Pittsburg Pirates
6.Houston Astros

West
-----
1.San Diego Padres
2.Arizonia Diamondbacks
3.LA Dodgers
4.SF Giants
5.Colorado Rockies

Playoffs
---------
AL
Chicago White Sox over Baltimore Orioles
Texas Rangers over Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox 4-2 over Texas Rangers

NL
New York Mets over St Louis Cardinals
Milwaukee over San Diego Padres

Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 over San Diego Padres

World Series
-------------
Milwaukee Brewers 4-2 over Chicago White Sox

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh, puhleeze, people...

American League West: Seattle Mariners (its a pickem division, so why not)

American League Central: Detroit Tigers (love their pitching)

American League East: New York Yankees (damn it)

Wild Card: Kansas City Royals (giggle, snort, giggle), no seriously Chicago WhiteSox (just enough pitching)

National League West: Los Angeles Dodgers (anybody except the Giants)

National League Central: Chicago Cubs (if Boston can, why not Chicago)

National League East: New York Mets (damn it)

Wild Card: St. Louis Cardinals (at least they make the playoffs)

AL Champion: Seattle Mariners beats New York Yankees in six games. (hey its my fantasy, not yours...)

NL Champion: Los Angeles Dodgers beats St. Louis Cardinals in seven games (I still pine for the days of Garvey, Cey, and Lasorda)

World Series: Seattle defeats Los Angeles in 5 games as Felix Hernandez wins twice, and has one save. (hey it could happen)

[edit on 15-4-2007 by seagull]

[edit on 15-4-2007 by seagull]

new topics
top topics

join