It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't people listen? (Top 3)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
well you also have to consider how far fectched some ct's ideas come of as. some have a liget basis but it is those that appear to much like a sifi move that keep most people away from this subject. i mean can you blame them. no offence to john lear but im gonna use his soul catcher as an example. not many people want to be a part of that for fear of riducle even if it is real, it dosnt sound rational. that is what give most of us a bad name.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What I don't understand is that the person who started this thread mentions projects Paperclip, MKULTEA, and H.A.A.R.P. Most people nowadays have a computer or access to one even at their local library, so anyone can go on the Internet and read that these projects are real and were done in the past and H.A.A.R.P. is what people have to worry about for the future lives for themselves, children, and grandchildren. In my opinion that should be enough to get someone motivated into at least being open to what's going on and to read anything they can on these projects.

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well, I think an important thing can be seen even right here in this thread that you may sometimes have trouble remembering:

We all have our beliefs. For example, some may wholeheartedly believe in a conspiracy behind the JFK assassination while totally disregarding UFOs as fantasies. Good luck foisting your beliefs upon others as the one undeniable truth. Better to just state them and why you believe them and leave it open to discussion. The discussion that results will more than likely be positive for both parties.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not sure what you are implying and whether it was to me or someone else.

As I've stated in other threats......everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It would be better if the topic thread that was started stayed on the topic. And, it did state what conspiracies others believed in, etc. So I understand if you state something about the JFK assassination it would be a valid comment. However, I feel that what I stated is just as valid.

I've read on other threads that certain topics have been talked out. Maybe the old members should consider the views of new members and contribute to those threads and then everyone can gain in information that they may not have been aware of.

No doubt each thread brings with it a life of its own as the discussion gets going. Please remember that I understand there is no wrong or right answer, it is an individual's opinion, but as we as individuals state our opinions......don't most of us want feedback from others, I know I do, even just as a validation of my right to speak on this forum.

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Flushing out the Metaconspiracy

Now then, let's see.

1. HAARP
  2. MK-ULTRA/MK-DELTA
  3. Operation PAPERCLIP
  4. The banking system ('and the slave economy we live in')
  5. The free energy cover-up ('keeping free energy away from us')
  6. The technology cover-up (the witholding of 'ET, UFO and free energy technologies' from public access)
  7. 9/11 (nature of conspiracy not further specified but we can guess the poster means that Osama and his chums didn't do it, or they were just catspaws for someone else)
  8. JFK (again, nature of conspiracy not further specified but we can guess the poster means Lee Harvey didn't do it, or was just a catspaw for someone else)
  9. 'Consensus reality' (gosh! a conspiracy in which everyone's a conspirator!)
  10. 'The occult nature of the universe and man' (apparently all religions are conspiracies to conceal it)
  11. 'The whole ET cover up thing' (ie not just the technology... They Walk Among Us!)
  12. The 'so-called "War on terrorism" and the belief in the concept of "global terrorism"'.
  13. The 'rise of radical religion' (who's behind this, I wonder?)
  14. The NWO ('maybe not the more lurid parts of it (reptiles, UFOs and satanism) but I can definitely belive that there is a body above all...')

I make that thirteen conspiracies.

Thirteen conspiracies? The world's most famous unlucky number, the Judas integer, the combination of digits so terrifying the fear of them actually has a name, triskaidekaphobia? Coincidence? Oh yes, that's just what they would have you believe. But is it coincidence? Maybe there's something else here: something deeper, more sinister...

Is this thread part of a conspiracy cover-up? That means we actually have fourteen conspiracies! Why was this fourteenth conspiracy deliberately concealed? Are the other thirteen really just false flags?

The Fourteenth Conspiracy. The Metaconspiracy.

Rarely hinted at, never seen. Operating beneath the 'mainstream' conspiracies familiar to popular culture, all of which exist purely to distract attention from it. But here, now, on Above Top Secret, it has unwittingly revealed itself!

The game is afoot, Watson...

A bold, radical proposal

To penetrate the Metaconspiracy and expose its evil machinations I propose the following bold, radical step.

A poll to flush out the plotters. The thirteen conspiracies mentioned above can't all exist. Or can they? Either way, we'll be able to tell a lot about people from the conspiracies they vote belief in.

How will we do that? Aha, that would be telling. Let's just say that we have deep data analysis technology that will separate the skullduggists from the sheeple easily. Think extrapolated-set Bayesian analysis applied under the Acton power law against benchmarks provided by metanalyses of selected studies from Volens & Thecla (2006).

So come on then: let's have your votes. Which of the conspiracies numbered #1 to 13 listed above actually exist? What about #14, the metaconspiracy?

I will run your votes through my Babbage Engine to establish, once and for all, the truth about conspiracy theorists. Then all those infuriating people who Won't Listen will be forced to pay attention.

There now. That'll show all those bad naughty sceptics...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Well, they can, but do they? No. The great majority out there are so whole-heartedly sold on the "official story". I mean, I have shoved the H.A.A.R.P-issue in the faces of so many persons I've lost count a long time ago, but what do I get? I frown, a sigh, a wierdo-label. MKULTRA; most people just block that story out because it is just too wierd to have happened. Paperclip; they will never accept that. The US liberated us out of sheer good will, that it that.

Btw; really nice to see this thread going agian. I thought it was dead. Now I can only hope that my "Insight in Alien Mentality"-thread will be reanimated as well...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

We are living in a reality much like the Matrix. Some people are not ready yet to be "unplugged" from what they have learned to be true about the world.

Others know something is not right with the world and seek answers. Spread the information even when encountering resistance from some people, because even if they dont think that what you are saying is true, they will remember what you said even in a few years from now when they start noticing that something is not right with the world themselfs.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Right on ol' chap. But it is so cold here, outside the shell. Their faces are so empty. Their eyes stare dead. They just move with the current, floating like dead fish, not asking, not knowing. Thinking that it all circulates around their own lives, their own universe. Igoring, hiding, running away. They are bought, enslaved, lost. I just want to help them. As long as the great majority are going about their business like that, there is no hope. We can be brave and proud and know that what we do is right, but what does it help? The demons in charge of this world laughs at our futile attempts to turn this "reality" around.
It is frustrating to say at least.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alright, I just saw this to thread and the way I'm gonna reply is by quoting parts of a text I found some time ago.
It contains many interesting ideas and truths though I'm not sure ALL is true.

Anyway:

It is a self-evident, undeniable fact that you do not have as much knowledge as the elite do. For example, advanced, secret military technology does in fact exist. So, there is indeed a knowledge gap between the elite and the masses. However, you cannot just arbitrarily assume that this knowledge gap is small(...)
The elite have tricked you into thinking that you are in tune with reality (when in fact, you are actually very ignorant). So, since you foolishly thought that your intelligence was on par with the elite's intelligence, you never suspected that there was a huge knowledge gap. If you had, then reading about aliens wouldn't even faze you, because you would actually expect the truth to be extraordinary (in order to compensate for the huge knowledge gap).

Don't you get it? The elite want you to think that you are smart! The best slave is the slave who thinks he is free, and the greatest fool is the fool who thinks he is a wise man.

(...)The year is 2007 AD, but we do not live in modern times yet. Since Earth is still set up in an archaic, knowledge-ignorance format where god-kings (who hold the knowledge) rule over the masses (who bask in ignorance), we are literally (yes, literally) still living in ancient times.

"God-king" is defined as "a human sovereign believed to be a deity or to have godlike attributes"
(Dictionary.com). The ancient Egyptian pharaohs were considered to be not just kings, but rather, god-kings. However, people today don't realize that those Egyptian god-kings did indeed have godlike powers. But, more importantly, times have not changed. Today, the elite still have godlike powers. And, the relationship between the elite and the masses is also still the same(...)

(...)Humanity does not live in reality, but rather, in sub-reality. People spend most of their time denying the truth, not seeing things for what they actually are. Initially, their intuition may give them the correct interpretation of something. But then, their social conditioning overrides their intuition, molding that thing into what society wants them to think it is. Thus, they are not able to think for themselves or interpret reality correctly.

In other words, "reality" is what actually exists and what is actually going on, as opposed to the façade that society has placed over what actually exists and what is actually going on; nor is reality how one interprets something when in a state of psychological denial.

For example, when it comes to the government informing the public about something, most people simply assume that their government is telling them the truth. But, IN REALITY, these people have absolutely no idea what is actually going on, and do not want to admit such an obvious fact to themselves! In society, critical issues, such as what the government is really doing behind the scenes, are simply blown off as being non-issues. Very convenient indeed.
(...)

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools, shown in the media, or proclaimed by the church and state. Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance, taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality, a collective dream in which values are inverted, lies are taken as truth, and tyranny is accepted as security. They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity" (Thomas Cox, montalk.net).

Source: www.truthism.com

And there's much more, the point I want to make is that no matter how hard we try to get to the truth via the "official ways" we are doomed to be mislead and lied to.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
1. The dangerous chemicals in the food supply, products and environment.
2. The dangerous pharmaceutical medications pushed on the public for illness caused by the chemicals listed above.

People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them these things. They sometimes start to believe me when I tell them how I cured my own depression by changing to all organic foods and products.

This is one of the biggest conspiracies ever and it's been going on so long that people are brainwashed into thinking that processed food is good for them and pharmaceutical pills are saving their lives.

People don't realize that fresh, organic foods is the necessity of life and what keeps them healthy, and processed foods and medications are what's killing them.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi Sator,

Such great info!!! I have made note of the website. Thanks!

Hi Amnestacy,

I wish I was as diligent as you with eating less processed foods. I do for awhile and go back to my old ways, unfortunately for me. You've made some wonderful points.

Hi Raud and Copernicus,

I hope both of you continue to give more info. I will keep coming back to this thread to read any insights that either of you share.

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi Sator,

I went to the website: www.truthism.com

The first few pages were a great read......but then came the part about Reptiles governing the masses!

I'm not sure how much you read on this particular website, but for me I have too much difficulty in comprehending Reptiles here on earth. I still enjoyed reading your original post!

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I try to put operation paperclip into peoples minds, and help them realize the consequences of such a manoeuvre. What more needs to be said than 4th reich.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Why wont people listen? Well, because you are trying to tell them the "truth".

No one likes to feel out of control, that they don't know the truth. If your going to tell someone that aliens from space control our thoughts and live underground in cave dwellings, or that the planes that hit the WTC were actually holograms, then you better have some damn good proof to back it up. The problem with theories, is that they are just that, a theory. You can have respected theories, such as evolution, which is backed with scientific experiment\observation and you can have eye-rolling theories like our minds are controlled with microwaves coming from our televisions. Possible, sure, proof? No. These theories generally have one quote or obscure "fact" that is the basis for the entire idea.

The other glaring point, at least for me, is that alot of conspiracy theorists tend to believe in so many conspiracies that it deludes their argument for all of them. Tell me 9/11 was government involved people get curious, but when I hear 4 others about Reptilians living underground and that the Yakuza gang caused Hurricane Katrina coming from the same person, then I begin to question your reasoning/logic/mental functioning skills.

If your going to believe in something thats great, but don't believe it just so you can feel superior to others for knowing the "truth". Research it, debate it, question it. But don't simply try to spew it for everyones "benefit".

[edit on 7-10-2007 by DeepDiver]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
How many kids with ADD does it takes to change a lightbulb.......wanna go ride bikes?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think people won't listen because we dilute our efforts that don't really affect people. So what if 911 was an inside job. It happened almost 6 yrs ago. So what if JFK was killed. These are nice to know, but not need to know. I tend to talk about 2 things: the financial system, the health/food industry. I get a lot of people who then start to question things, especially if I talk about the health/food industry. A lot of people know the health industry is whack, and a lot of people have an innate fear of going to the doctor. The financial system also tends to get people to notice, especially when you point out the decline of the dollar, rising gas prices. (I'm surprised no one mentioned the CT of the titanic sinking, which lead to the Fed Res.) Still, I'm in the heart of bush country, and most of the time when I talk about it, I get that condescending shake of the head. All I can do is shrug it off and go elsewhere. Some people just aren't ready to know. You can't MAKE them wake up, or else you're no better than the totalitarian dictators that currently run the world.

The third thing I'd have to mention is the jesus conspiracy, that he was actually the son of cleopatra and Julius Caesar, was smuggled away to India, where he learned buddhism, and at the age of 30, came back to reclaim his throne. This is confirmed by archeological, as well as biblical evidence, but the myth that we've all come to know is a mixture of artistic writing and reality.
video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
See I feel that the 2012 theory, is not about a mass spiritual or mystical "awakening", but more of a WAKE UP call to the real world and how it truely effects those who were blind to such.
It is going to take another disaster, much worse than what has occured, and beyond imagination to bring that wake up call to order. When it does happen, and it will, eventually people trapped in these bubbles of theirs will see beyond the illusion, and realise the enviornment for what it is.

We've had plenty of those wake-up calls. Problem is that we keep hitting the snooze button all the time!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join