It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name your own star for $24.95- And more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've heard bout this a while ago and it sounds very interesting.

www.callyourstar.com...

Basically, you have a star named after you or someone else, and you can send a message that will be broadcasted into the skies by a deep space radio.

Even with the enormous number of stars that can be named, I'm surprised that they're offering it at such a low price.

The only problem is that the site mentions that if you name your star, it won't be recognized mby the scientific community. It's only "registered" in the company's records, so no one else can steal it.

It would be a shame to know that all the SETI signals that we've been processing are actually signals sent from us.

I also found another site that offers other interesting space gifts. You can send cremated reamains of yourself or someone else into space. Luckily, the remains will be stored within a sattilite and vaporized when it returns earth, otherwise, there's gonna be all this nasty space debris floating around.

www.celestis.com...

And something more elaborate

www.teamencounter.com...

Send your picture, message, or even DNA into space!

Maybe the mass DNA mailing could account for the number of species of aliens there are.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I dont believe in any of that crap actually, its a great novelty gift though.

I thought the only way you could name a star was to discover it yourself.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
actually I was listening to howard stern about a week ago and they were talking about how this was a scam. The only people that can name a star is an agency (I forgot the name) and they do not name them after people. And if you think about it its kinda stupid because the multiple companies that are doing this probably give out duplicate stars to people also. I just think its a waste of money

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
oooh a scam, sounds like fun!!

top topics

join