It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE BOB thread -- vids, rant, anything on DYLAN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wanna open up a thread on Bob Dylan.

Anything on his Bobness is valid, but I guess videos will be most obvious. YouTube have 600+ entries of Dylan songs, more than I ever dared think off.

So, go ahead. Any comments, gossip to share, concert memories, as well as collectors notes and questions are welcomed. And if there are any real dylanologists out there, please come forward.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Let's open up with the latest.

From last years release "Modern Times",
the official vid of

Bob Dylan - When The Deal Goes Down

[edit on 19-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
More from "Modern Times"

Bob Dylan - Nettie Moore

Bob Dylan - Charlie Chaplin - Beyond The Horizon

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
...still more ...water...
"Modern Times"

Spirit on the water - Bob Dylan (tribute clip)

Dylan "High Water (For Charlie Patton)"

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's a "real" video, a little known number, nontheless one of his best IMO.

Bob Dylan - Series of Dreams

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Here's a very rare number, and maybe even more rare performance.

Bob Dylan - Band Of The Hand - Buffalo 1986

The number he plays is It's Hell Time Man - click the link for lyrics.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Few people might be aware that Bob has acted in a handful of movies, actually starring in a couple. From an artistic point of view it ain't worth talking about. He's only been in them for the music.

His most famous --and first-- was Sam Peckinpah's Patt Garret and Billy the Kid. Bob was supposed to play Billy, but his acting skills obviously didn't meet the standards of Peckinpah, so Kriss Kristofferson ended up with the part. A small part as a figure called 'Alias' was written in for Dylan.

Knockin' on Heavens Door - from the soundtrack

[edit on 22-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Now a video featuring scenes from the movie overdubed with some outtake from the Mexico City sessions recording the soundtrack.

If you wanna know more about the sessions, which included notable musicians like Booker T. Jones, Bruce Langhorne, Roger McGuinn and Jim Keltner, here's a link to Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, the album. It has links further to the movie.

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Don't seem to be many Bobcats on ATS. Never mind that ...there's ONE... me. And I shall keep you informed.

For those of you who collaborate the common misunderstanding Bob is withdrawn, remote, secluded, not in touch with his audience, I have this clip.

Fans taking over during 96 show.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think that Bob Dylan should record a cover of the Lynard Skynard song "OO, That Smell" or whatever the hell it is called. Think about it..it would be hillarious with Dylan's accent. Now I love Bob Dylan, but dam nthat would be great...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You mean this song!

Actually Bob does a lot of covers at (some) live gigs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done "Sweet home Alabama".

BTW "That smell" is a great song.

lynyrd skynyrd "that smell" pulp fiction music video

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The man is a poet :0

Just glance at my signature

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Come mothers and fathers throughout the land / and don't critize what you can't understand / your sons and your daughters are beyond your command / the old road is rapidly aging / you better get out on the new one with a candle in your hand / for the times they are achanging...

Yes Fred I've noticed your signature for long, and remember he was only about twenty when he wrote that.

BTW, that particular song he have sold the lyric rights off to a Canadian insurance company.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A great Dylan song from 1968's Blonde on Blonde, here performed by Ricky Nelson in the early 70s.

She Belongs to Me

new topics

top topics

join