It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Achieves Nuclear Fusion at Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about this? Some kid in the US had successfully developed nuclear fusion with a home apparatus built by parts bought of ebay. He also successfully created plasma, which is about 200 million degrees. Funny how the government has spent billions of dollars on fusion research and some kid ends up doing it in his garage. Here's the link

discovermagazine.com...

what does everyone think?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Now THAT is awesome, I bet this kid can make a buttload of money off his fusion device. I'm glad that there are people out there putting their brains to work. If this kid was on here I'd give him every WATS I could throw his way. This is truly awesome.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yes, there's been at least one other thread about this.

It's not really anything ground-breaking, the device is able to fuse some atoms, but it uses far more energy than is created by the nuclear reaction. The device itself was first built long, long ago, this guy didn't invent it just built one of his own.

Not degrade his effort, I still think it's a great achievemant for someone of his age, but this isn't anything new.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
OPEN SOURCE:
www.hackaday.com...

Just make sure you shild it with plenty of lead as you have to watch out for the Nasty X-RAYS...

fusor built by Richard Hull. It's his fourth version - definitely worth checking out. Essentially, all the atmospheric air is removed via vacuum. Then you add a bit of deuterium gas, some high voltage and if you got it right, bask in the glow of your own personal fusion reaction.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
While no, the kid isn't going to make money off of his reactor unless sold on e-bay, he will likely be noticed by many companies now. His career is pretty much guaranteed now. Good job!

apc

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hollaring down to the basement... "Honey, why is the electric meter on fire?"

"Don't worry mom! Just making plasma!"

"Oh. Ok dear. Don't shoot your eye out!"

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ya,nothing new but incredible he made one. And it worked. Good for that kid,no mcdonalds for him

On a side note,more plasma.........for us non-genius'.

Grape Plasma

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Damn, that is amazing. Wish I had the time to try and attempt something like that. Good job to that kid.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Is this the kid who originally wanted to build a Vacuum/Pressure chamber but his mom wouldn't let him and he chose this and she let him. Weird Mom
Either that or knowledgable mom cuz thos pressure chambers can be dangerous as one kid at my Uni found out a couple of months ago.
He's alright but he'll have a scar above his right eye for a looong time.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I was considering building one of these, but it is rather expensive.

Not bad though. And they saw american kids are dumb...... yeah right.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Cool, but it's far from groundbreaking science.

Let's see him build a spectrograph for under $1000! Now that would be amazing.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yes there is a thread about this....Thread here

Thanks !!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
yes there is a thread about this....Thread here

Please continue this discussion in the ongoing thread.

Thanks you.

Closed

new topics

top topics

join