It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subprime loans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It seems everywhere you look or read, there are issues with subprime lenders.

Now I thought it was loans at interest rates below the "prime" lending rate-D'OH!

It seems the unofficial definition-there is no official definition-is a loan to a brower with a sub 620 FICO score-"someone with bad credit"

The subprime interest rates are usually 2-5 points higher than a prime loan -this makes a 5% home loan into a 10% home loan.

It is usual for the rate to be fixed for the first 2-3 years and then it switches to adjustable.

Basicly, the issue is a lot of high risk loans were taken out and are now defaulting.

This is the big subprime meltdown everyone seems to be talking about.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As usual, exploit the more and kick them when they are down.

The economy is a tragedy right now and obviously the ones impacted the quickest and harshest will be those living paycheck to paycheck.

New home construction is down 18% this year on top of last years 13%. That is a 31% decrease.

This effects so many other jobs it isn't even funny. I just recently became aware of this because of my line of work.

I am glad I didn't buy a house when I was getting many calls almost daily from brokers practically begging me to do so a couple of years back.

Make em' feel safe and then pull the rug out from under them.

Nice people...................... Bankers and such.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
World Markets Continue their Slide

US Depression Tremors: Subprime Lenders in Meltdown

Please review those on-going discussions and add you comments there.

Closed.

new topics

join