It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolf Hitler and the Spear of Destiny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Does anybody have any information regarding Adolf Hitler and his fascination with the Spear of Destiny?

I've heard some stories about it but I can't seem to find any information.

Is there anybody who knows about this?

[edit on 18-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There really should be quite a bit about this little piece of trivia from the Nazi era that, supposedly, goes back to the time of Christ. It is better known, however, as the Spear of Longinus. It was named after the Roman Centurion that pierced the side of Christ with his lance during the Crucifixion. The tip of the lance, the spear-point, is all that remains of this relic. In Germany, it was known as the "Heilige Lance".

It has quite a myth that has built up around it. Supposedly, the holder of the Lance cannot be defeated in battle. This is why, perhaps, the first thing that Adolph Hitler did upon entering Austria was to go to the museum, where it was then housed, to claim it for himself.

An interesting sidebar to this story is that, after the war, the lance was found in a secret cache under a bank in Nuremberg, Germany. At the time, no one could identify this relic or it's significance. No one except none other than General George Patton. As many know, Patton was extremely well versed in history and, of course, aspects of all things military. I wasn't surprised that he would know of a relic that promised the holder victory in battle.

[edit on 3/18/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
thanks for the info Benevolent.

This is really interesting, I'm gonna read up on it some more.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Your more than welcome.

I might add that I found it interesting when I first came across a book called The Spear of Destiny by Trevor Ravenscroft. It wasn't a very good book but it was the first time that I had ever heard of this ancient Christian relic. The book did have a lot of good research on the spear but it was the story surrounding the spear mythos that wasn't so good.

In other words, as far as story telling goes, Ravenscroft was no Dan Brown.
Hmmmmmm, considering the fact that I don't personally hold Dan Brown in any high regard as a "great writer", I guess it doesn't say much for Ravenscroft's writing does it?

As far as having some good info, at least to start, it's pretty good.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Spear of Longinus or the Holy Spear, or Holy Lance is located in some church in Bavaria, I believe. There are several others which claim to be the true spear, but the one in Bavaria has the most credible claim.

I think the History Channel or Discovery Channel did an episode on the Holy Lance. The spear, in its current form has been ornamentalized, imbellished, and otherwise altered, but as I recall, the episdoe stated the the "core" of the spear is a Roman spear-head.

FYI - the Centurion Longinus (also known as St. Longinus) was said to suffer from poor vision. Upon piercing the side of Christ, some of the blood and water flowed out and onto the hand (or face) of Longinus, and upon wiping his eyes, noticed his poor vision was cured, and thus he converted.

One of Wagner's operas, "Lohengrin" is about Longinus, I believe. I've never heard the opera, but have some CDs with certain selections from Lohengrin.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It can pierce thru an AT field, no sweat.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

benevolent tyrant
It has quite a myth that has built up around it. Supposedly, the holder of the Lance cannot be defeated in battle. This is why, perhaps, the first thing that Adolph Hitler did upon entering Austria was to go to the museum, where it was then housed, to claim it for himself

They never even acknowledge the existance of the "Spear of Christ" as a physical thing. I have seen the assumption's (Just like every other Biblical interpetation) but there were so many circumstances geographically and astrolly that there is no way too cover the inconclusivenesss of this inquiry.

Many of people's countries have claimed it, even the great text's of St. Peter (Which one of the USA soldier's stold from Hitler's secret stash) which was returned for the tidy sum of 3.1 M .

Religion's a money maker, I don't go because I can't afford it!!
JK,JK, I don't believe in anything but myself any longer, took smarter people than me to get this far....

If you choose to believe in the "Spear Theory", guess it's your choice, but let me inform you that the "Sword of Lancelot" is still out there!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I can't remember the exact source ( think it was History Channel ) but the relic in the Museum has pretty much no original materials left in it. It was repaired quite a few times and reinforced due to it disintergrating over time. Therefore if it ever had mystical powers they are probably now gone with the original material

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
"People who profess fantastic things and just so happen to be selling a book, automatically lose credibility!"

What a stupid quote. Every idea should stand or fall on its own.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
"People who profess fantastic things and just so happen to be selling a book, automatically lose credibility!"

What a stupid quote. Every idea should stand or fall on its own.

Being correct isn't so bad, but our belief systems vary deeply on these forums. "Extreme" or "Not Extreme" 'That is the question!!! or is it? LOL..

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Watched a show not too long ago where said carbon dating was done on all the 'supposed ' spears available, and not one of them met the correct time line.

Thus, they are not the originals. The one held as the original by its owners ( can't remember where it currently resides ), has been proven as a possible copy of the original based on Cdating and overall appearance.

In the show I watched, 'Beyond', I believe there was also a belief that that the spear may have originated as a 'garden hoe variety' workers tool rather than an actual weapon used for military purposes. ( something to do with Cane & Able I think.... or I could just be having a moment. )

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here is a book about it:

I can't say that I agree with everything the author is saying, actually, I think a lot of it is bunkum, but he talks about Hitler's infatuation with the Spear that pierced the side of Christ.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This thing is great! I think that there is a conspiracy to debunk it at all costs (that one on the book cover that SpeakerofTruth posted is the one I have always seen)! I mean look at the success Hitler had with it, really shows how weak the power of Christ is heh? Then again I think it's pretty hypocritical of any xian to equate that type of thing to Christ...

The History Channel show I saw on that particular spear showed how it could very well be the original but that it had been repaired extensively (not to the point of nothing remaining as mazzroth posted however). It even said that some have made the claim that the 9 inch nails in it as reinforcement materials are the actual nails that held Christ to the cross! That's just to cool of an artifact, to bad it doesn't work, er well good thing that is!

I think it's like the yin to the Shrowd of Turens yang, in that it is something a lot of people will go to great lengths to uphold to further their own beliefs and agendas.

Phisically though it is a really cool artifact. That History Channel show went into great detail about it's composition. The original part is actually under the gold leaf you can see wrapped around it in the book cover image.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's been several years since I read it, but I seem to recall that Behold a Pale Horse has a chapter about hilter and the spear of destiny in it.

If you are conspiracy minded, it a good book.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
It's been several years since I read it, but I seem to recall that Behold a Pale Horse has a chapter about hilter and the spear of destiny in it.

If you are conspiracy minded, it a good book.

It is an excellent book. It is too bad that William Cooper was murdered. He was quite the truth teller.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Woah, thanks for the info guys.

Speaker, I got to check out that book.

Hmm, apparently anyone who possesses the spear can rule the world, certainly strange how Hitler wanted it so badly.

Is it true that Napoleon also possessed the spear at one point, or am I mistaken?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Hmm, apparently anyone who possesses the spear can rule the world, certainly strange how Hitler wanted it so badly.

Is it true that Napoleon also possessed the spear at one point, or am I mistaken?

I think Napoleon supposedly possessed it at one point as well. The idea is that the spear can be used for good or evil depending on the intentions of the possessor.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In honor of this thread I have named my penis "The Spear of Destiny".

But seriously. Wouldn't an artifact of this power be gobbled up and put out of reach by the shadow government? Could we assume that the most powerful leader on the planet at this time is, in fact, the possesor of the the spear of destiny?

This image is a simulation. No debunking required.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

But seriously. Wouldn't an artifact of this power be gobbled up and put out of reach by the shadow government? Could we assume that the most powerful leader on the planet at this time is, in fact, the possesor of the the spear of destiny?

Actually, it is in a museum. So, the likelihood of anyone ever really getting their hands on it is pretty slim. I suppose if there was military raid of some sort, it could fall into the wrong/right hands, but it's not likely to happen again.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, lets assume the spear is real, and did indeed pierce the side of Christ, the Son of God.

If the spear pierced through *Christ's* side why on Earth would it grant the wielder invincibility? The blood of Christ magically makes the spear empowered enough to imbue invincibility upon the wielder, yet the blood didn't make Christ's side any less penetrable?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join