It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Aliens Getting Screwed By Banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was speaking to one of the workers who is renovating my house. He is an illegal alien. He has an account at a major national bank. The other day he checked his bank balance and $1000 was missing. He inquired and the bank rep told him it was a FEE that was not refundable. In other words, he was hosed. The same thing happened to all of his family members. His daughter was successful in getting her money back because she begged that she needed the money for school.

Great country we live in. Gotta love capitalism.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is that the reason why they are allowed to get credit cards? And is there an article somewhere to verify this?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
....um good. By in large, the rape, theft and murder that they spill into this country with I could care less. Finally a bank screwing a group of people who should not be here in the first place. They are inept in fixing their own country so they come here to make America the same third world cesspool they left. Soon they will control "Aztland" and the West and Southwest US will dissolve into Mexico without a shot fired in their defense. All in the name of "diversity" and open borders. Oh well, the rich bankers have to have someone to mow their lawns. New Mexico sure as hell looks alot like Old Mexico these days.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Without capitalism, you would not be enjoying the excellent service of the internet with the ease that you do to complain about America. Try asking where your money went if you had it go missing in a Mexican bank. You'd be lucky if you were not thrown in jail. Have you ever been to Mexico, and I mean REAL Mexico, not Cabo?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Is that the reason why they are allowed to get credit cards?

I went to the Bank of America site to see whether there might be anything that might be relevant.

Incidentally, I decided to check at Bank of America because they have been in the news lately. It would seem that BofA has inititiated a program that is targeted at illegal aliens

Bo fA aims new credit card at illegal immigrants

As you expect, there has already been a lot of criticism towards this program.
Bank of America defends immigrant card program

Nevertheless, after going through the BofA site, I could not readily find any reference to the efforts to target illegal aliens. That doesn 't mean that there aren't links to this info however. It probably lurks directly behind the the
espanol icon in 'language preference'.

Let me explain. From what I can remember from a television news story broadcast when this BoA program began, certain areas of Southern California are being targeted. As one might expect, these areas have a high "illegal alien" population and the areas also happen to be, primarily, hispanic. I believe that BofA is initiating this program in selected branches.

Now, as far as the workman who related that he had been "swindled" out of a thousand dollars. Perhaps this is, indeed the case. I certainly don't have a love affair with the banking institutions and I wouldn't put something underhanded past any of them. Still, I suspect that it might be a simple mistake, a misunderstanding or something akin to mistakenly making a $1,000. deposit in a secured credit card. In my mind, I can almost see how such a misunderstanding might have taken place between the bank and with an "illegal alien" who might not be as fluent in either English or, if the bank is providing services in Spanish, in banking practices. Someone who is not fluent in a language or savvy as to the ways American Banks do things might easily feel that he or she has been "swindled".

[edit on 3/18/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeropointtruth
I was speaking to one of the workers who is renovating my house. He is an illegal alien.

So... you have hired an illegal alien. Okay.

Great country we live in. Gotta love capitalism.

So... you're upset and have feelings against a country for a bank who charged a fee to a person who is illegally in the US?

I wonder if I robbed the bank (another illegal act) if they'd take a fee out of my account.

Swindlers!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My bank has lost two of my checks. One was just a paycheck and they got it squared away in short order. The other was for $10,000 and I nearly had a heart attack, but they got that squared away really fast, too.

As far as posting a conversation with an illegal alien and then using that to paste any country and capitalism in general is pretty lame, if you'll pardon the analogy.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
....um good. By in large, the rape, theft and murder that they spill into this country with I could care less. Finally a bank screwing a group of people who should not be here in the first place. They are inept in fixing their own country so they come here to make America the same third world cesspool they left. Soon they will control "Aztland" and the West and Southwest US will dissolve into Mexico without a shot fired in their defense. All in the name of "diversity" and open borders. Oh well, the rich bankers have to have someone to mow their lawns. New Mexico sure as hell looks alot like Old Mexico these days.

*Walks up to you and shakes your hand*

Well put.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ya know I can't help it.... every time I see the phrase illegal alien i picture ET in his raincoat.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
nice to see people condone bad ethics.

to the wisenheimer who said i hire illegals, i hired a legal contractor and suspect the worker is illegal. relax.

i hope you or your family get screwed one day. i am sure someone will respond in the same manner. it really is sad to see the collapse of society.

i would not be suprised ot see people like yourself screwing illegals' hard earned money but was suprised that a large bank could do it.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 19-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
actually having read the responses abit more careful, i retract my previous post. i shouldn't expect a reasonable response *SNIP*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 19-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join