It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empowering questions as affirmations.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bandit, you may have a slightly better approach that people can relate to on here but I remember learning about this on tv years ago... (way before your posts or the secret came out)

Check out the link...

en.wikipedia.org...

And for your daily affirmation...

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thread bump.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
bumping this thread cos it is too good to get lost in the archives!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've found something even better than this for changing beliefs...

The Z-Point Process

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ya I'm in recovery and do daily affermations for myself, I try to do 5 a day(useally in the morning) such as Im a goos father im a hard worker ya know

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
bumping this because I didn't run into it until now and Its a great topic

imo This is not like the law of attraction or simple positive thinking, to me this more like a trickery in the mind.

I see it as a form of "insinuation manipulation"

kind of like rhetorical questions in the form of affirmation always are to be "obviously yes or obviously no"

It almost sounds unnatural to ask myself "why I feel how I feel" because usually I just look for an excuse or answer that makes sense. - basically I want an answer not a question.

this is why I love questions that aren't meant to have an answer even though they can have one.

great thread, all should read.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by juveous]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thanks, Bandit for the great info. It was very helpful just now.

And thanks to the users who resurrected the thread!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good thread, i had a longer post typed yesterday and then my time on the public computer ran out

anyway great job bandit, the thing i have noticed with this amazing potential of thought energy is that one of the fastest ways to get results is to make sure (we should use our creative minds) to see whatever we want from * a perspective that we are willing to believe is a positive intention* good intentions backed by energy from the heart seem to be very powerful and have an easier time penetrating down into the physical world, and a determined will seems to be a pretty big key as well.

Also thoughts can be rendered meaningless by the amount of energy or lack there of (emotion) we attach to them, also our creative minds can make less empowering thought forms morph into empowering one's or we can choose to allow thoughtforms to be meaningless, or mix and match from my experience.

Lastly one thing i would like to mention is a technique called EFT. Emotional Freedom Technique. Sometimes before we can concentrate on our goals it is better to deal with some of the clutter, "learning experiences" whatever that we have experienced in the past, especially if we harbor some type of emotional pain at a high level with these experiences. The thing about EFT is that you can first take some empowering beliefs from it. 1. Other people have used this and this has been a resourceful tool for them, and that means it can for you, if you are willing to let it. 2. Also it in really no use to try to lie to yourself and be ashamed of things in your past and try to imagine they never happened, you can't outsmart youself. 3. And this is where the biggest strength of EFT lies, coming to grips with past fears (because sometimes certain experiences leave emotional imprints in the brain) and until you give your mind a way to safely replace the unresourceful emotion with a more empowering one, at the same time being honest with yourself and forgiving yourself so you can move on. This may sound a bit corny ( and i'm still surprised i am writing it) but it appears the best way for me to put into words what i find to be true and accurate.

One example to move past old limiting beliefs or even vague memory's that are painful....... is to say;

even though I ........blah blah blah (think and describe painful memory) I can be open to loving and accepting myself deeply and completely i was only doing the best i knew how *important* when thinking and describing memory with emotional uncomfort remember to choose the most *"empowering resouceful words to describe the situation)* this can work with memory's or even certain words or places or whatever that may have acted like "anchors" and linked to certain things which can now be seen as empowering or at least not "limiting anymore". I find it is also not nesessary to go too much into detail with these memory's but just beinging honest with yourself and loving and accepting and forgiving yourself. this can be useful with deep trauma's.

I would also like to just mention that once you begin to harness the power of these techniques it is often good to have a good moral character or at least remind yourself to see thru certain goals/desires which emerge thru a lens that still has a good intention, otherwise Excessive greed could creep in.

One last affirmation i would leave as an example.

"What can i be willing to believe for my happiness" like i can with good intentions

"How can i use my creative mind to help myself get into resourceful states just a little better every day in every way like i can, for my happiness"

"what perspectives can i be willing to intepret things thru to be a little happier like i can allow myself to be"

using " a little better every day in every way" can be beneficial Because sometimes the subconscious mind will reject certain things because they do not seem so realistic becaue they imply dramatic changes happening overnite (two situations) .........i.e 1. someone who is poor ......saying what can i do tommorrow to become wealthy so i can feed my family" tuff to swallow all of a sudden becoming rich so it is best to word in a better progressive way but still very empowering.......... or someone who has a long history of lack of success in doing something .....it is better to use the a little better every day in every way perspective because it allows the mind to take things in a more "believeable perspective" .....sorta a day at a time and it also helps to (find a way /be willing to see) some spin off of unwanted behavior in a positive enough sort of light/emotion , to make it easier to be in a more peaceful frame of mind and concentrate on what you want. Also it is good to STay humble with yourself when you have it in your mind that you are SOO great at something , because if your mind believe you are at the pinnacle of doing something (it can no longer have anything to reach to achieve...unless you set a higher goal in a intellligent way) and it can have a tendency to want to bring you down so you can have the challenge of going upward again. so keep that in perspective as well.

hope something somewhere can help someone .......sorry for the length

[edit on 13-12-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why am I so healthy?
Why do I have so many amazing job offers?
Why are more and more mysteries opening to me every day?

Great thread. I was actually going to start one on a similar topic this evening. This is actually a really clever technique and I hope to read more of this type of stuff. As other people have mentioned, you have to *feel* it, because the energy field from the heart is about 100 times stronger than the brain's.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
AFFIRMATIONS:

by speaking sentences knowing what is truth within. to affirmate say

I am god himself, you'll see you've been lying.

I am hungry, I am thirsty... the latter more

I've been very good lately POINT

I am enlightened?.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is an older thread but its really good. Thought it needed to be brought up again.

Making positive statements is a way of bringing the inner/outer into allignment, to convince the subconscious connected to both the material and spirit, that you are working/transmuting and overcoming all negatives in you, that you are in agreement! Thats the real miracles start.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In the last seven months of 2015 I've gotten small financial windfalls each and every month, averaging about $1000 per month (either income or extra savings). This is in addition to my regular income. Some I've had to work extra for, some I've had fall right into my lap (did almost no effort for). Since the beginning of this year I slacked off though. Nothing in January.

What I did during that time.was write down afformations, do small radionic operations with afformations, visualized and said the afformations hundreds of times per day.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've found another link about this subject.

AffiQuestions

Your mind has an Automatic Search Function, which means that when you ask a question, your mind automatically searches for the answer.

Confidence affiquestions

Why am I so confident?
Why do I believe in myself?
Why do I let others believe in me?
Why do I gratefully accept every good thing that comes my way?
Why am I so magnetically attractive to the best, most loving, and wonderful people on Earth?

edit on 1-3-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Aaand some videos:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join