It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empowering questions as affirmations.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i have learned alot about this thru life and personal experiences and i would highly suggest to others that you try something called EFT google Dr. mercola and then use eft and when u do use language that is very empowering and positively worded (although i include a major part of this in the example below)

also the subconscious mind is willing to beleive things when they are repeated after awhile because alot of people change there mind so repition is key also when the intention is FROM YOUR HEART

as well as getting your creative mind working by asking open ended question that get you to answer positively such as

what are my capacities for forgiving myself and accepting myself for my growing pains i was only doing the best i knew how and I love and accept myself anyway, whatever it takes, so i can move forward

can i think a little more positively every day in every way and when can i begin doing this a little more, and in what areas of my life can this make JUST A LITTLE BETTER and what can i be willing to beleive to allow this happiness to develop easier

how much happiness can i get giving to others and how can i allow my creative mind to lead me into the situations and circumstances to make this even more of a reality, and how great a perspective can i see this from and what can this apply to

also what are my capacites to learn to think in a positive way and be open to applying this a little better every day in every way whatever it takes, and what can the benefits of this be

these are 4 very powerful "affirmations" the first one is the key to get the courage to be honest with yourself see troubles from the most resourceful perspective you can and tell yourself you forgive yourself and love yourself and this will help free you and break patterns 4 REAL this is at the heart of the Emotional Freedom Technique

when talking to the subconscious word question so that change is incremental i.e Just a little better , the subconscious won't beleive a giant change over nite so you have to play around and from trial and error see what works for you. give your creative mind a chance to work

affirmations work best when asked in a open ended question form that can be general so that your mind will answer with what u want instead of "demanding something of yourself" and also make sure the things u want are really the things u want from your heart this makes the energy go thru with less resistance and the result is infact what many people consider very eye opening and empowering

[edit on 18-3-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not to throw a wet blanket (or call anyone a liar) on your enthusiasm for Positive Thinking. But here's a contradicting view on this recently revived phenomena, from the Jewish perspective:

The Secret Revealed: God as a cosmic bellhop.

I can't help but admire the marketing genius that has repackaged the old "think and get rich" philosophy which was the staple of self-help advisors for centuries in a way that makes us believe it offers insights never previously published. I'm also highly impressed by the chutzpah that isn't embarrassed to utter modern psycho-babble promising greater gifts than a mythical genie as reward for nothing more than unconditional wishes.

What troubles me, though, is what this incredible hoopla over a publishing craze tells us about contemporary spiritual naivete. Are people really that gullible -- or simply that ignorant?

Let's make clear at the outset that The Secret could never have found the slightest acceptance if it weren't based on a measure of truth. A lie needs at least a little legitimacy to gain credibility. But, as George Christoph Lichtenberg so powerfully put it, "The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted."

Thinking positively is always the first step to success. Should we ardently wish for things that we want? Of course! Hope fills us with conviction that our dreams are attainable. Desire serves as spur to our initiative. If it is not a magnet, it is at the least a supreme motivator. We should believe in the possibility of acquiring our heart's desires. But that's far from saying that there is a universal and unequivocal law that turns every one of our wishes into God's command.

Judaism always understood that the answer to some of our most profound desires may still be "No." Not every wish deserves to be granted. And even more to the point, not every wish ought to be fulfilled. George Bernard Shaw understood it when he pointed out that "There are two great tragedies in life. One is not having your prayers answered; the other very often is the reverse." Jewish prayer asks of God, "And fulfill the requests of our heart for good" -- only if what we ask for is truly in our best interest from the Divine perspective.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The thing about this stuff is, it's not the thinking this stuff part that makes you get what you want, well, it is, but it's the fact that you find the time everyday to think positively about it, it gives you the first push forward, but it is you that continues it. I do not understand why people will spend good money on books like "the secret" or whatever it's called, when it's something they should know on their own. At least from what i can tell, we are taught from an early age to think positive, isn't it obvious that that is the first step towards success then? It seems to me that this works, but it's not the what a lot of these people think it is (or i get the impression they think it's this way) aka because you think positively about it, all of a sudden the universe is cheering for you and giving you everything you want. It's because you've taken the inititive to take time to think / write this everyday and thus take time time to make it work, you also along the way convince yourself that you can do 'it' and thus you are confident and can do 'it'.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Thinking positive alone doesn't work as well as you seem to think it does. I try to think positive as much as possible, but sometimes, someone comes along with such an all radiating negative attitude, that I cannot help but pick up a bit of that negativity as well. As they all say, Misery loves Company and some of these Miserable people love nothing more then to drag as many people with them as possible. It's wise to avoid these types of people though this may not always be possible. You may work with or for someone like this because frankly, I've seen so many people with extremely pessimistic attitudes succeed and then get into a position of power subconsciously for the reason to keep other people below them down. Miserable people love people who are even more miserable then they are!

This question technique sounds promising and I'll be trying it out to try to break a few nasty habits that my family can't' stand. I'll report back in a few days to talk about my initial results.

I'm also thinking that this method may work even better if it were done in the form of talking aloud instead of silently. I'll test that out as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wow, i cant thank you enough. This has helped me sooo much! It was only the other day i had split up with my girlfriend. And using these methods these questions, i feel so much better about it all

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i'd like to add as a poster two responses above was talking about the limitations of positive thinking.

one of the bigger keys is what i posted my first response at the top of this page and that is accepting the things that have not been so positive in your life, seeing these as growing pains, and telling yourself you can love and accept yourself deeply and completely regardless knowing you were only doing the best you can, and the key is to temporarily be honest with yourself and think about these growing pains when you mention them in this line. and repeat it over and over until you feel better about yourself.
google Emotional freedom technique

there will be some doubters, some people just don't want others to feel happier with themselves the happier people are with themselves the less they MAY feel they need to buy things (consume) (materialism) to validate themselves or try to buy themselves things to make them happy. .02 cents

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Thinking positive alone doesn't work as well as you seem to think it does. I try to think positive as much as possible, but sometimes, someone comes along with such an all radiating negative attitude, that I cannot help but pick up a bit of that negativity as well.

Yep, thinking positive doesn't always work, because it's only a means to an end. It's a misunderstanding that thinking positive is all you need. Thinking positive in words. Nope. What's much more important is that you feel positive, and that you feel your desire already happening. And that's what can be achieved by using the questions.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What you mean if I am thinking.......if I drive my car into this 5 meter thick concrete wall at 180 kph it won't hurt but only for a split second, and think of all the gas I will save from now on.

Opps! wrong emotion just a bit of sarcasm.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yep, thinking positive doesn't always work, because it's only a means to an end. It's a misunderstanding that thinking positive is all you need. Thinking positive in words. Nope. What's much more important is that you feel positive, and that you feel your desire already happening. And that's what can be achieved by using the questions.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I don't reallly understand wwhat you mean by that. That's not positive feeling in any way though.

What I mean is this: Empowering questions force your subconscious to take the statement within the question as fact. And while the subconscious does this, it will automatically make you feel as if the statement in the question is already there.

So if you ask yourself, "Why do I feel so strong?" YOur subconscious on it's way to find the answer will have to activate a feeling of being strong first. So you will feel strong while the subconscious is looking for answers to the question of why you are feeling so strong.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sorry just a bit of twisted sarcasm! and a little word play, just like the media.

I think that most people try to see the good in life, but what happens is that we are barraged with the media trying to sensationalize events that are mostly negative.

The media does the same thing that I was doing with my example. They will twist words to make a negative seem positive but in all reality it is still a negative event.

I think that positive re-enforcement with our own words and thoughts are important just as long as we don't get caught in a barrage of negativity all the time. I for one am guilty for allowing the media to control my emotions negatively.

This is the issue that I am constantly having to erase in meditation and or hypnosis, the issue of the media.

Options for me...don't listen to the news, radio, internet, TV, advertisements, etc..

I know that I am ultimately responsible for allow the negativity in, but sometimes I wonder why I allow it back in when the positive feels so good.

I believe that this is why affirmations, hypnosis, meditation and prayer are important.

[edit on 19-3-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Options for me...don't listen to the news, radio, internet, TV, advertisements, etc..

I have actually been "instrumental" several times in "convincing" my husband to do just this.

Especially people who are prone to depression need to distance themselves (I believe) from the negative input that's specifically designed to have a powerful, depressing effect on us.

I suggested this to my hubby today for work:
"Why am I so calm and content in the face of all this chaos"?

And for me:
"Why is my energy level so high today"?

Thank you again, Bandit!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey Bandit

I tried this many years ago and it worked extreemly well, so Thanks for reminding me about this its just what i need right now.

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You're welcome guys!

Here, here's another link that I've found:

Ask The Right Questions To Get The Right Answers

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Oh yeah!!!!! The "Secret" has made it to ATS! Was wondering how long it would take.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well I've been starting threads about reality creation since 2002, so it was always here.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I like this angle Bandit. I have been recuperating from a foot injury and I had been asking myself, "When is this thing ever going to heal? When is it going stop hurting so much?" That kind of thing.

In the last couple of days (after reading this thread) I have started asking myself, "What am I doing to reduce this pain? Why is my foot feeling better today than it did yesterday?"

I don't know yet if it is helping, but it sure seems like a positive change toward a more healthy attitude concerning the injury.

Wish me luck, I have a lot of walking to do tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey Bandit,

Great thread! Really very interesting. Sort of like slipping yourself a clever program to fix a virus.

I'm gonna play around with this concept and see what happens. While I believe in more than just positive thinking this is really a neat take on it.

Though somethings just don't need fixing for instance:

Concious Spider: "You are so good lookin!"

Subconcious Spider: "Dang right you are, just look at yerself ya handsome devil!"

Spiderj

I'm gonna send you a muffin basket for this one, nice stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Here's my Affirmations -

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
I believe that your most attractive features are your heart and soul
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold
I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness
I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed
I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists
I believe in love surviving death into eternity

............ or maybe I heard it in a song somewhere

(For those that dont know it s called - "Affirmation" by Savage Garden)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread.

I was feeling a bit downcast and this thread has helped me feel better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join