It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 reward in dog beheading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'll have to go find the link, btu I think I read that the individual
was caught, and he did it because the girl rejected him.

Link:
USA Today

The criminal complaint against Anthony Albert Gomez said police found grisly evidence on his cellphone: video clips of a chain saw being used to sever a dog's head.
Gomez also said Brown was present for the decapitation, which she denied to police, the complaint said.
Shirley Brown said she and Crystal immediately suspected Gomez, who she said once dated the teen and expressed jealousy when she began dating someone else.

[edit on 3/24/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thank You.
I had not heard any of this and was quite busy do too work. I do appreciate your light on the situation, and you will always find respect from wildbill.
Thank You for your post.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Alot of dog lover's here then. Nasty, vicous, dirty, smelly animals if you ask me.

I think everyone got a bit emotional when calling for the perpetrator to die. Honestly.... It's a dog.

The dude is one sick puppy (excuse the pun) and should be punished, but executing him? A little OTT for a dog, people.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I avoided reading this thread at first for obvious reasons...

I am SO glad the individual has been caught.

Sickening, just sickening. Really nauseating...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I read the story in the paper yesterday and notice that they found the video of him chainsawing the dogs head off on his cell phone. Hopefully he will get what Dahmer got.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The dude is one sick puppy (excuse the pun) and should be punished, but executing him? A little OTT for a dog, people.

While I agree with what you are saying, as I strongly oppose the violence we are seeing here as well, I do disagree that a dogs life has little worth. I'm more of a cat person myself, but regardless of what the animal is, it is a life. I love my pets like children, and I baby them as such. If someone were to decapatate my pet, I would hold a strong hatred for them. I would not condone their death, but I do believe it should come with a hefty prison sentence. If it is not appropriate to treat fellow humans like that, it should not be appropriate to treat animals like that. I take animal cruelty very serious.

If it came down to saving the life of a domesticated pet or a human life, I would always save the human life. But the life of a pet has plenty of worth, in my opinion.

Stinky, smelly, dirty, etc., yeah they are. But they also provide the most selfless friendship a man can ask for. They trust us to do them no harm. When that trust is broken, it can be fairly upsetting for both of us.

So, I disagree with the "just a dog" statement.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This was more than just about killing a dog......

What seems to be going unnoticed is that this guy was perpetuating an act of violence and intimadation on the girl.

By sending her the head, he was sending a message, IMO very likely a death threat. That should be enough to send him to jail for a good while.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What is really interesting, in my opinion, is that he claimed the girl
was there when he decapitated the beast.

Now I'm not saying I believe him, but how diferent would things be if
it was found that this girls was actually there at the decapitation, and
is simply pretending.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
From reading another article on the story, www.crimelibrary.com...
where the Grandmother goes into some detail about the girl, it sounds like the girl has a history of loving dogs.....even saved one from a car, getting her own legs broken. Unless of course the Grandmother is lying....and there should be hospital records to corroberate.

If the girl was there, I'm sure the police will make every effort to prove it, since she and the Grandmother 'went over the heads' of the police dept. ( In the article, she says that she went to the mayor's office and press after the first officers supposedly laughted about it and told her to just throw the evidence away.)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If it came down to saving the life of a domesticated pet or a human life, I would always save the human life.

Hypothetical time. Which is probably pointless, but I'm on a lunch break.

Let's say, just for grins, you are in a situation (lifeboat, fire, whatever) where you can save either your beloved housepet cat -or- the perpetrator of the horrendous action reported in this thread.

Do you let your cat die in a fire or drown in order to save this guy? I'm putting you on your honor, here.

I know we've been in agreement on other threads about capital punishment, although for different reasons, I think. In this case, I save my dog and wave byebye to this psycho. What say you?

(And for full disclosure, I'm not a cat guy, but I'd save your cat over this whackjob, in a heartbeat).

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just curious iori, if killing is wrong 99.9% of the time then why to you have a murdering piece of human debis, Che Guevara, as your avatar? I believe this subhuman trash should be found and removed from civilization. If they are able to do this, then it will not be long before it happens to a person.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have to wonder why the police don’t seem to be taking this very seriously. First, the way that the police acted at a crime scene was extremely unprofessional besides being very callous toward the family. Secondly, why aren’t they stacking charges against the perpetrator?

Normally when they arrest someone they stack as many charges against them as possible knowing that the person is going to try and plea out, so by stacking charges they put the person away for at least a bit longer. In this instance they should be stacking assault and aggravated stalking charges against this man besides the animal cruelty and torture charges.

The family needs to get a protection injunction against this man too, which also counts against his record as a domestic violence charge, prevents him from obtaining any weaponry, and makes it an immediate felony if he shows up around the family again.

Edit to add:

As long as I am on a rant here, I might as well put in about the officers receiving a reprimand. That is basically a slap on the wrist. Why aren’t these officers being given a suspension for conduct unbecoming an officer? With the amount of people coming out of police academies that cannot get on a force, these guys need to have some stricter rules once they are on the force. Maybe then this kind of unprofessional behavior would stop…

[edit on 3/27/2007 by defcon5]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join