It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$10,000 reward in dog beheading

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I heard about this story from a friend of my that lives in the town I now live. It is heart wrenching to think that our certain societal sicko's are herrendous enough to keep doing acts of such hatred and discused towards people of such innocense.
I hope they catch this bastard and fry him!!
The animal was a loved friend and a very desirable companion to the individual that owned it.
"Just makes me want too PUKE!!!!"

The dog, a 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix named Chevy, belonged to Crystal Brown and had been missing since around Valentine's Day. About two weeks ago, a box wrapped in Christmas paper addressed to the 17-year-old was left at the house where she lives with her grandmother. Inside, the horrified girl found her dog's head.

I really didn't know where to post this story, so if the mod's are not happy with the placement, please do as you will for relocation.

"And by the way, if there is any of you out there that are from the vacinity or have any info. on this creten, please turn the person in. Who ever ir is deserves what they get. And I hope it is a murder charge at the least."

Source for the story and the contacts that can be made for the capture of this sicko:
www.startribune.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OMG! I can't believe people are so sick! I feel so sorry for that poor girl. She will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

That guy deserves whatever painful punishment they can dream up.

PSP

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ow god! That guy needs to die! why the hell would you hijack a dog and chop is head of to give it in a present box! What is wrong with this people.

If the catch him we need to burn him and chop is head of!

Dawm weird people in this world sometimes.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The dog was a THERAPY dog.........whoever did this really is a monster!! The b___rd committed an evil act against a 4-legged hero and the child who needed him!!

The way the head was sent sounds like a threat IMHO, I hope the police use all their CSI tools to find the rat.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All I know is if someone did that to my -pet- I'd do the same to him

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I understand the sensitivity that surrounds this subject, but I do ask that our members take a deep breath before making an inappropriate post. Circumventing the automatic censors will not be tolerated guys, so I am going to ask that we do not evade them in future posts.

Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

ATS Terms & Conditions

A subject like this one may get our motor running. It is certainly human nature, and we understand that. But we have a code to abide by, and I ask that our members keep the T&C in mind when posting to this thread.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You know, this is extremely creepy, I mean he actually planned the whole thing it would seem. That guy is one sick bastard (can I say bastard here...?).

In fact I'd go as far as saying he may be psychotic or something, or a psychopath. Seriously one freaky guy.

Don't know how they'll ever find him though...he could be anyone!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It is a very bad crime, I admit that, but many of you really are letting
your emotions cloud your judgement, especially considering this has
to do with a non-sentient animal, not that it justifies the act in any way,
but still.

The person who commited the act really does seem to have psycho-
logical problems, and should definately be put in therapy.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't see how it's clouding anyone's judgement. Some of us simply react more efficiently than others. Why waste time putting scum on therapy and wasting away our tax dollars.. when we could just...dispose of it? Give the worms some food.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In this psychopath's future I see ...A mental hospital and a very very large lawsuit

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't see how it's clouding anyone's judgement. Some of us simply react more efficiently than others. Why waste time putting scum on therapy and wasting away our tax dollars.. when we could just...dispose of it? Give the worms some food.

Because killing is wrong 99.99% of the time.

And really, killing him would make you worse than him.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
but still.

sentient

Having sense perception; conscious: “The living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage” (T.E. Lawrence).
Experiencing sensation or feeling.
[Latin sentiēns, sentient-, present participle of sentīre, to feel.]

Don't know much about dogs do you?

You think a dog is non-sentient?

[edit on 18-3-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Having sense perception; conscious: “The living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage” (T.E. Lawrence).
Experiencing sensation or feeling.
[Latin sentiēns, sentient-, present participle of sentīre, to feel.]

Don't know much about dogs do you?

You think a dog is non-sentient?

Well I suppose my idea of sentient is different, sentient to me is self-
aware and capable of complex and abstract thought.

And regardless of sentience or not, it still does not justify killing the
individual.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

but still.

The person who commited the act really does seem to have psycho-
logical problems, and should definately be put in therapy.

I can see where you are coming from, but I have to disagree. Just curious have you owned many pets? How about a pet that helps you day to day (I haven't persoanlly but I could imagine the love and dependance the girl would have with the dog). I've lived with many animals - horses, cats, dogs, chickens and they all have different personalities. Life is life and it should be respected.

Sometimes people's best friends are animals (be it a cat, dog or whatever). To these people they are more important than humans in many respects.

Anyway I agree that this person seems to have some mental disorder or anger and needs to be caught and treated (or punished if they acted with intent and not out of some disorder). Good luck to them finding the culprit.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Just curious have you owned many pets?

Yes, I have always had at least one pet my entire life.
And while I would be saddened if one were killed, I would still not advo-
cate the individual reponsible for killing them be killed, in fact I would be
the first person arguing against it.

Life is life and it should be respected.

For the most part, yes (squashing an insect does'nt bother me), and as
such taking one life does not justify taking another.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well I suppose my idea of sentient is different, sentient to me is self-
aware and capable of complex and abstract thought.

I can tell you that dogs are selfaware and know the difference between right and wrong. Is that abstract thought?

I agree with you on the moral aspects though.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is shocking
Makes you wonder if somene has a grudge against the family or somene in the family. Animal cruelty should be punished by the full force of the law.

[edit on 19/3/07 by Sth Hemisphere]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Soory it took so long to get back to my thread.
I personally have read all the post's, and I am very happy with the responses, though the Moderator has stated a known fact for rules and regulations for edicette while posting, and I have to agree, because I joined Ats forums with the acceptance of the rules established from the beginning.
There for I must say that I was so outraged and discusted with this individual that I did let my emotions take over for the regret and fear of having someone so "Unhuman" in our public around our children and other loved one's when they seem to have no regard for life,property or respect.
My nephew is a Biomedical Technician in Minneapolis, and when I hear of thing's of this nature, it makes me very much cincerned. All of my family member's have discussed this topic and we always end up at the same conversational ending, "That person is one sick 'Puppy'!" (Excuse the pun)
And as for the young girl, I see it as a triple wammy for her. First of all the package in B-day wrapping.(I'm sure she has some kind of celebration evey year, as most of us do) and she will always be reminded by her gifts.Secondly. It was on Febuary the 14th, V-Day. it too will come every year without fail. Thirdly. She will naver have the nearest and dearest thing that was close to her heart, and was , as it seemed from the article, her best 'Bud' any longer.
The psycolocal displacement is not only with the culprit, it is what the individual has engrained in to all of this young ladies memory. They have a law that was placed in to order for getting charged for murder for killing a Police dog, or a dog of legal aid, it should notr be any different for this girl's dog. IMHO.....
If they never catch the perpitrator that instegate this horrendous act, it is needless to say that the damage has been done on levels of the most immoral and hateful thing's that one can endour when all she ever wanted was to be happy with the companion that happened to be her friend and care/love giver which was a canine.
And for the poster that doesn't believe that death should not beget death, "You need a reality check." It has been that way for centuries and it will be that way until we no longer exist on this planet. That Dog had a name, Chevy. And it had someone it loved and loved it back. If for some reason you can't find merit for those attributes for an animal having emotions or a personality, it would be like they murdered one of your own family member's and was laughing at you from the backround while you open thier little gift's of the future memories of that momentious day? I think 'Not'.
Thanks again for everyones input and I hope this thread can remain active until they get the person that did this.
I will be back Later, And the T&C will be in order as for Moderator enforcement of the rules of ATS Code of Conduct, once again "Sorry ATS Mod's."

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildbill
And for the poster that doesn't believe that death should not beget death, "You need a reality check." It has been that way for centuries and it will be that way until we no longer exist on this planet.

I need a reality check because I don't believe in killing?

Considering that most of the civilized world has rules against killing,
including capital punishment, I must disagree with that sentiment.

That Dog had a name, Chevy. And it had someone it loved and loved it back. If for some reason you can't find merit for those attributes for an animal having emotions or a personality, it would be like they murdered one of your own family member's and was laughing at you from the backround while you open thier little gift's of the future memories of that momentious day? I think 'Not'.

It would not matter who or what was killed, it would not change my
mind, killing is wrong 99.99% of the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildbill
And for the poster that doesn't believe that death should not beget death, "You need a reality check." It has been that way for centuries and it will be that way until we no longer exist on this planet.

I need a reality check because I don't believe in killing?

Considering that most of the civilized world has rules against killing,
including capital punishment, I must disagree with that sentiment.

That Dog had a name, Chevy. And it had someone it loved and loved it back. If for some reason you can't find merit for those attributes for an animal having emotions or a personality, it would be like they murdered one of your own family member's and was laughing at you from the backround while you open thier little gift's of the future memories of that momentious day? I think 'Not'.

It would not matter who or what was killed, it would not change my
mind, killing is wrong 99.99% of the time.

"I apollogize for the strenuient remarks without clarification." I was insinuating that there should be some kind of justice for the girl and her loss. I was very upset with the whole event in the first place, but , I don't actually believe that there will be an 'Eye for an Eye' justice in this scenario.
"Hope you except my Applo's iori?"

As far as I can tell there still nothing on the culprit, but it doesn't mean the girl is feeling any more safe as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join