It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Establishing Credit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, I recently just turned 18 and I have a question about getting a credit card. I never wanted to get a credit card because all I hear is bad things about them. However, I need one to establish credit. So I was wondering if I should get one while I'm young now and establish good credit while I can. I would use it for getting gas in my car which is about $30-$40 every other week. I would put the cash aside and pay the bill at the end of the month. Is this a good idea?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

-ONIAG

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Oh NO ITs AL GORE]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It is a good idea. An even better one would be to let them make some money on the interest. Then you'll be seen as a good boy and your credit score will go up.

However, it does not matter, because having your identity stolen can ruin your credit forever. No one will help, because the credit companies are all run by scumbags.

It would be a shame if someone went crazy, started an underground fighting organization, and blew up all of the credit buildings.

Oh, I gotta go, the voices in my head are calling.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, several years ago I was in the same position. Trying like hell to gain some credit, but being turned down at every corner. What did I do? Lied through my teeth to get that first piece of credit. It worked. Now I'm in debt and loving it! I underestimated the power of a credit card, and I hope you don't make the same mistake. Grant it, I've long recovered from my young mistakes, but the credit card companies pray on teenagers who are looking for money to spend.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

I say go for it, but be careful. Set limits for yourself and do your best to stand by them.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you're going to college, there'll probably be many special offers made to you by credit card companies on campus. Gas station cards and department store cards are usually easier to get and can be useful in building your credit as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
hey I understand who u feel, i need credit to buy my motorcycle, if u get a credit card use it to buy gas and small stuff, then pay it off every month and that will build ur credit score real quick

new topics

top topics

join