It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Geysers Discovered on Saturn's Moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is simply amazing...

Once-wet Mars has long been the primary focus of the search for life on other planets. But Saturn's moon Enceladus could be an even more promising place to start the search for extraterrestrials.

Startling new images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft indicate that Enceladus may contain pockets of liquid water below its icy crust.

These pockets, described in an article published today in the journal Science, may be ideal habitats for life-forms similar to those found in hydrothermal vents beneath the Earth's oceans.

"This is extraordinary," said Carolyn Porco, a Cassini team leader at the Space Science Institute in Boulder, Colorado and primary author of the new study.

"I think our results are significant enough to redirect the planetary exploration program, placing Enceladus as the primary target of astrobiological interest in our solar system."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Full Article

Maybe this will motivate governments to fund more for space exploration as seeing there is potential to find Extra-Terrestial Life... and maybe even a new home. Who knows how many of Saturn's other moons or other planets" moon have water on it...

EDIT: sorry, wrong forum for this. Can a mod move this to Space & Exploration? I'm still a posting newb.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Prideless]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's not the first Moon to have liquid water.

The Hupiterian moon, Europa, has a vast liquid water ocean under it's
icy crust.

Persoanlly I think Europa and Mars are the two places we should check
first.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not sure if you have seen this site>
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

But its a collection of Mars photos that shows many geysers, lakes and other "water" on mars. Check it out, very interesting.

new topics

join