It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. forces to be deployed to Bulgaria, Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The U.S. is planning to deploy its first army brigade to Bulgaria and Romania in the summer of 2007.
Supreme Allied Commander Europe for NATO, Bantz Craddock, said approximately 2000 to 3000 U.S troops will be deployed to six U.S. army bases in Bulgaria and Romania, IRNA reported.
Romanian and Bulgarian people have repeatedly staged demonstrations to oppose any U.S military presence in their countries.

www.presstv.ir...

Why are we sending that many troops into Bulgaria and Romania. Wouldn't it be more efficient to send them other places?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's normal for a nation to have bases and military personnel in foreign nations.

We should have Chinese and Russian bases and troops here in America. Lets invite the Chinese to build a base in NY.

/sarcasm off

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wonder how the US would react if Canada allowed China and Russia to stockpile soldiers and supplies on the frontier

Hmm that would make one hell of a party

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It appears that US Air force bases in both Bulgaria, and Romania would be integral in the event of a US air attack on Iran, as refueling stations for stealth bombers. There may be a link to Eastern European troop deployments, and the protection of these refueling facilities, and other US military assets in the region. Evidently, the Eastern European citizenry has been quite vocal in their protest over US troop deployments, and the establishment of missle defense systems near the Polish-Belarusian border...and so have the Russians.

In a recent interview, retired Air Force Colonel...Sam Gardiner said this:

Q: When do you expect the US to ask Bulgaria for airports?

A: Let me describe what the military problem is. The initial strike, if there is one, will probably be conducted by B2 bombers flying from the United States in B52 bombers flying from the UK. Those aircrafts, just before they go to Iran, will require refueling. There are only about three possibilities for this. One is Turkey, but the problem with the country is that they said no and that they won't support us in the operation. The second option is Bulgaria and the third option is Romania as places from which refueling might take place. Because of that I have on my list of indicators that the US will or has approached informally Bulgaria and Romania to use recently agreed bases for tankers.
novinite.com...

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well,

i live in Bulgaria, and 80% of the population (official source) is against any bases on our territory. Our government is going to split, and the situation is very bad.

The important part in my post is, that I have heard rumors from credible sources, that there are some people who are making plans to sabotage the 3 US bases here in Bulgaria.

Its kinda strange, that we support a "falling star" and don't concentrate on better relations with Russia. But we will never allow the US to use Bulgaria to make any attacks on Iran. We're just not that kind of people.

Anyway, we will see

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But i thought the attack on Iran was suppsoe to happen tomorrow-April 6th?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul is correct when he describes that "policing the world has become a problem".

I know there are tactical advantages to having bases overseas but worrying about our own security on our own front here in the United States would make the entire world a happier place. A defensive military as Israel has build would be much more beneficial to us as a nation.

1. There would be less hostility towards the USA
2. We would not be spread thin accross many nations
3. Diplomacy would always characterize the USA
4. We would feel safer and we would be safer (the hate we have from other countries is a result from us being invovled internally in those parts of the world).

It is time to become the USA we were founded to be. A country that gives liberty to its citizens, is diplomatic around the world, and is not involved in other countries' internal affairs........

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bugman, i mean no disrespect, but none of the 4 points above is possible - it's just too late for the US to change their direction, ... (into becoming a world police / empire)

new topics

top topics

join