It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O'Donnell goes public as 9/11 Truther

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
all bravo did was pick.
You mention 'bravo' five times. Who is picking?

Nothing of any importance to add so I'll just pick at other people,
Nothing of any importance...like what? OH! like

Lets just hope Oprah comes on board and starts asking questions.
?
Is that 'something of importance'? Then in your second post you mention me 5 times.

It seems to me whichever side of the fence you are on, that if those in the public eye raise awareness of the questions in the minds of some it can only be a good thing. More people involved in the debate, on both sides, can only be a good thing surely.

I agree, hence the glaring ignorance of Al Gores post. I want the entire world talking about and looking into 9/11, not just the Rosies and the Sheens. I want questions asked by everybody, and when some clown blurts out how "She is a comedian" and "She gives no facts" and "She just wants publicity" I consider it my duty as an American to stand up for her rights to speak her mind.

I personally mentioned Oprah because she is respected, she has a very significant and loyal following.
Oprah is worshipped by many, but alas, this thread isnt about her, but thanks for 'adding something'.

11bravo added nothing and by being picky took nothing away either. And by jumping in there with the 'nah, nah' attitude smack only did the same.
Well if it isnt the polite police.
What did you 'add of importance'? Oh yeah,

Lets just hope Oprah comes on board and starts asking questions.

Rosie has put herself up there by going public.
Maybe thats why your hero Oprah wont do it. Did you even read that link I provided showing you why Oprah would not touch on any controversial subject? That was part of my 'nothing of importance' I brought to the table.

She must expect questions as to her veracity.
Do you mean character asassination? Ridicule of her lifestile or position?

She must expect people to wonder why they should listen to her and not the government.
I doubt Rosie says "believe me and not the government", I bet she wants people to look into events surrounding 911 and come to their own conclusions.

I think she can take the criticism and doesn't need 11bravo playing Knight in Shining Armour on her behalf. Sweet of 11bravo to do so though - and they say chivalry is dead.

Sweet of me? Chivalry? Nice contribution there pal.
As I stated earlier, I would defend your right to have an opinion as well and I would attempt to deflect character assassination to the best of my abilities.

If you gained nothing out of my first post then I doubt you will gain anything from this post.
Atleast smack got it.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I consider it my duty as an American to stand up for her rights to speak her mind.

Now you're accusing me of being anti-American? I strongly believe in my first amendment right as an American and I believe that every American has the right to say whatever he or she wants.

I just don't go around beliving what people say unless I see facts or the person is an expert in the field. I like to do some research. If somebody says something that I find interesting I will look it up and see if it's true or not, then I can base my decision on it. I don't go to a lawyer if I'm not feeling well, I go to a doctor. Why? The doctor is an expert in the field.

For instance, I may not agree with Al Gore's global warming theory, but he atleast has something to show for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks 11Bravo - I feel suitably chastised and I mean it. I deserve that and am taking it on the chin with good humour. Didn't mean to mention your name so much, but I was trying not to be presumptive about gender, with he/she. I didn't need to read the link as I remember the back-lash, it was heavily reported in UK for obvious reasons. I for one would love Oprah to join the debate, but yes you're right this is about Rosie joining in not Oprah.

I still think you were being unfair to Oh No its Al Gore's post but your points about my post are totally vaild and I take my slapping with good grace.

All the best.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No harm no fowl.
I like you
I can come across harsh some times but I dont mean to.
Back to Rosie...
Im no fan of hers, dont get me wrong, but the truth needs to come out about 911, and she is one more voice asking questions.
Im glad she is doing it, and I wish her the best of luck.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'll admit I'm a hot-head sometimes. It's been with me all my life.
I guess I misunderstood the intent of the post.

My argument is that Rosie, or anyone else, has the right to voice their opinion. What happens to people like Charlie Sheen or Rosie when they do that? They are demonized in short order by the media. Go figure.

I don't think she wants to be the 9/11 spokesperson but, her celebrity may not be such a detriment after all. At least 9/11 is getting some mainstream press.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
thank god we have the expertise of people like Charlie Sheen and Rosie O'Donnell.

I mean, I'd rather have her then you know, whistleblowers, structural engineers, aeronautical engineers, controlled demolition expert testimonials...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
thank god we have the expertise of people like Charlie Sheen and Rosie O'Donnell.

I mean, I'd rather have her then you know, whistleblowers, structural engineers, aeronautical engineers, controlled demolition expert testimonials...

I believe there was some expert testimony from one of the men who designed the WTC. He was silienced rather quickly.

While I am certainly no fan of Mrs O'Donnel I am glad that she is at least raising an awareness on the subject, which will intern allow people to possibly focus more attention on the subject(if not already done so) and allow them to form their own decisions based on reseach and a little brain juice. Hell I'm for anything that gets people thinking.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

mean, I'd rather have her then you know, whistleblowers, structural engineers, aeronautical engineers, controlled demolition expert testimonials.

Believe it or not, there has been, and are now, those sorts of people onboard with the 9/11 Truth Movement. The problem is that some people (sheeple i like to think of them), are so scared of the Truth, that they impeach any source, no matter how credible, because it makes them feel safer to think, that 19 nobodys with boxcutters could pull off the most devastating attack on American soil ever.

I could take time and make a list for you, but really, what is the point. You'd only endeavor to impugn their credibility.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't like Rosie, she might be rich, but she needs to educate herself more about topics she likes ranting on about.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't like Rosie, she might be rich, but she needs to educate herself more about topics she likes ranting on about.

I totally agree with you. She does tend to spout out opinions that are usually followed by her foot going right back in her mouth.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

mean, I'd rather have her then you know, whistleblowers, structural engineers, aeronautical engineers, controlled demolition expert testimonials.

Believe it or not, there has been, and are now, those sorts of people onboard with the 9/11 Truth Movement. The problem is that some people (sheeple i like to think of them), are so scared of the Truth, that they impeach any source, no matter how credible, because it makes them feel safer to think, that 19 nobodys with boxcutters could pull off the most devastating attack on American soil ever.

I could take time and make a list for you, but really, what is the point. You'd only endeavor to impugn their credibility.

And you base that on what? A harsh stereotype upon me, that because I think critically, but not blindly, that I look at all aspects of things, that my sole purpose is solely to"impugn peoples credibility" ???

Please, dont waste your time.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

And you base that on what? A harsh stereotype upon me, that because I think critically, but not blindly, that I look at all aspects of things, that my sole purpose is solely to"impugn peoples credibility" ???

I base that on the search I did on your previous postings. Can you name one person in the 9/11 movement you'd consider credible?

If you can, I will apologize.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I base that on the search I did on your previous postings. Can you name one person in the 9/11 movement you'd consider credible?

Now it's on! I can barely stand the excitement.

Now we wait......................

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Absolutely, Robert M Bowman, easily.

Former director of the advanced space programs development in the 80s, and a Lt. Colonel with over 103 flight missions?

William Rodriguez.

I'm sure he heard what he heard in the building. He has no reason to lie.

He has the credibility and the credentials I'd say I would trust. The rest of them? theyre mostly just writers and political activists, so no,I wouldnt trust them. I have no reason to take Jim Fetzers word over anybody elses, because all he is is some Philosphy professor.

And if you did a search, you didnt search hard. If you any of my posts youd know that I do think there was something more to 9/11, that I kept an open mind about controlled demolitions, but I've since strayed away after all I hear is 9/11 conspiracy fanatics act like sheep and repeat the same info. I've heard nothing substantial for three years, all the same stuff. "Steel cant melt that hot" "it fell on its footprint" etc. Give me somereal new stuff. Lets see that piece of metal come back with a outside source looking at it, and fin that it does infact have thermite on it. Lets get some whistleblowers. Lets get something more then the same crap repeated like a mantra.

End of the day, the real conspiracy lays in the governments. We should be focusing on those shredded documents, people on the inside, ABLE DANGER, CIA activity, etc. Because the towers already fell. Theres nothing more your going to find in there...

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
WolfofWar - You have my most humble apology.

I should have dug deeper.

Forgive me, I'm still new here and tend to get a bit overzealous.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think though that we can all agree that the more people involved in the debate, the more power the debate has. How likely are we to have any further information now? It could be years and many changes of administration before fresh information surfaces, either that or we're sat around waiting in the hope for a death-bed confession.

I had a look at Rosie O'Donnell's web-site, the various comments from viewers and there were people who had no idea that there was any question of the official version of events.

These are people obviously whose only exposure to current events is through mainstream media, so before anyone else says it - yes they are unlikely to add anything but you never know - they can be the wife, son, brother, lover etc of someone with influence, money or power. You never know.

The fact remains that many of us here have nothing to add except our questions and our inquiring minds. The more people out there looking is surely for the better, and Rosie and Charlie Sheen can bridge that gap. Personally, whoever said it, I can't remember sorry but whoever you are - I just love the idea of Paris Hilton coming out as a truther...genius.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Exactly, I think that we should all celebrated the fact that the more light that is shed on this subject the better. As far as the arguments that people keep making about the building falling in its footprint is and the steel melting are all valid points, and should be continued to be brought up as long as people who where oblivious to these possiblities are in the dark. So for the sake of getting more people exposed to the possibilities, lets keep kicking that dead horse.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Any big name “can” be a big win for any truth movement. However it can also have a huge negative impact if they are just throwing around comments with nothing to back them up. I really want to see some big names jump on board but it seems even those who might, don’t out of fear. Those in the public eye have so much to lose don’t ya know. :bash:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Since everyone hates Rosie, I'll like her. Always had a soft spot for garish underdogs who like to throw their unasked for opinions around.

Hmmmmnnnnnn, not that I'm anything like that.

Here's to free speech. Why shouldn't she be entitled to an opinion?
She looks like a woman who can take the bull by the horns. The Uniter, has'nt done a very good job of that.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by clearwater]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join