It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie O'Donnell goes public as 9/11 Truther

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here's the link: Rosie goes public

Let the mudslinging begin.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lets just hope Oprah comes on board and starts asking questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Why do we still report on what she says? Why do people even care?

She's a comedian who has no clue what she's talking about and just wants publicity. Her show, The View, is a joke and so is she. She doesn't back up anything she says with facts and she just goes on rants. She's a wannabe Oprah who isn't going anywhere.

-ONIAG

P.S I would just like to note, that I didn't view the above post about Oprah when I wrote that. I guess great minds think alike, haha.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Oh NO ITs AL GORE]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is being discussed on another thread. Sorry.
I don't have a link right now ... but I know there is at least one.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
FlyersFan

That thread was about her criticism of the confessions of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oh NO ITs AL GORE
Why do we still report on what she says? Why do people even care?
Why do I still read what you type? Why do people even care?

She's a comedian
Agreed. You are very astute.

who has no clue what she's talking about
Oh....I suppose you DO have a clue what you are talking about?

and (she) just wants publicity.
And she gets it.

Her show, The View, is a joke and so is she.
Its not 'her show', and as far as her being a 'joke', we did agree earlier that she is a comedian, so....

She doesn't back up anything she says with facts
As we have established, she is a comedian, on a talkshow. I findt it odd that you expect her to spew facts like a news show. If you want facts you should watch Nightline, or better yet, look up the facts yourself.

She's a wannabe Oprah

Oprah, who does have her own show, did a serious expose on Mad Cow almost 10 years ago now, and she hasnt touched a serious subject since.....

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
^I don't see a point in the above post at all, besides getting your post count up.

I'm suprised you didn't get an error message after typing it up:
"We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion."

-ONIAG

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Oh NO ITs AL GORE]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I guess depression makes people have weird thoughts.

link

Depression can be blamed for anything nowadays.

Maybe it can be blamed on Rosie's weirdness.

mod edit, link format

[edit on 18-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oh NO ITs AL GORE
^I don't see a point in the above post at all, besides getting your post count up.

The point is that 11Bravo demolished your trite, derisory argument.

Thanks. Drive Thru.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Saying that 11bravo picked apart the argument gives a little bit too much credit - all bravo did was pick. Nothing of any importance to add so I'll just pick at other people, nice contibution, same for you smack. I don't watch talk shows, I don't know what impact Rosie has in the US. It seems to me whichever side of the fence you are on, that if those in the public eye raise awareness of the questions in the minds of some it can only be a good thing. More people involved in the debate, on both sides, can only be a good thing surely.

I personally mentioned Oprah because she is respected, she has a very significant and loyal following. Her inclusion in the debate could widen the numbers involved considerably. Rosie is, by comparison small fry as pointed out by oh No', a valid point I think. 11bravo added nothing and by being picky took nothing away either. And by jumping in there with the 'nah, nah' attitude smack only did the same.

Rosie has put herself up there by going public. She must expect questions as to her veracity. She must expect people to wonder why they should listen to her and not the government. I think she can take the criticism and doesn't need 11bravo playing Knight in Shining Armour on her behalf. Sweet of 11bravo to do so though - and they say chivalry is dead.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

The gist of the OP's comment being, that Rosie can't have an opinion on 911. She can only be the object of ridicule, for whatever perverse reasons, her detractors wish to project their hatred and anger.

Does that pretty much sum up your point?

It's really pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Rosie can't have an opinion on 911.

Rosie can have an opinion on anything she wants. HOWEVER, showcasing her as some kind of feather in the cap ... or even acknowledging her stand ... is negative for the conspiracy. She is a whack. Having her say 'I believe _______ ' means that most people who could have believed, will now NOT believe, because they know Rosie is an idiot.

She casts a bad light on it.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That thread was about her criticism of the confessions of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

February 13th - This is what I was talking about -
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

...HOWEVER, showcasing her as some kind of feather in the cap ... or even acknowledging her stand ... is negative for the conspiracy.

I'm glad we agree she is allowed to have an opinion. I concede that she does have a lot of negativity attached to her media personality. I wonder how much of it is manufactured. I would argue against it being 'negative' for the Truth Movement. Any press is good press. It's in the mainstream now. How is that negative?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Now that we've heard from Rosie, we're getting somewhere! I, however, am still waiting to hear from Paris Hilton before I formally take sides.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

The gist of the OP's comment being, that Rosie can't have an opinion on 911. She can only be the object of ridicule, for whatever perverse reasons, her detractors wish to project their hatred and anger.

Does that pretty much sum up your point?

It's really pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

Smack,

Don't try to read other people's minds. My comment about mudslinging was meant to anticipate the inevitable posts by the usual suspects that come to this thread and post uncivil and pointless replies that simply try to disparage others.

Your post being a perfect case in point. And you have a really nice day.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Your post being a perfect case in point. And you have a really nice day.

Perhaps you could be a little more vague about your point next time.

Have a nice day._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Smack,

Look, I've read many of your other posts and I'm in basic agreement with you on a lot of things, and also we're in agreement here. You simply jumped the gun, misunderstanding the intent of my comment, and want to start a flame war.

I don't see the point. The 9/11 board seems to bring out the worst in people, and the posts here usually come dripping disparagement and aggression--if ATS had audio, everyone would be shouting like a family Thanksgiving dinner that went haywire.

That was my point--waiting on the inevitable, and making a simple statement of what would come, based on experience. Well, look through the posts on this thread and you'll see I was right. Hardly prophetic, as O'Donnell is a lightning rod, but people are hardly even addressing that. It's mostly just tiresome sniping.

See my point? So let's just relax.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
link 'er up to Above top secret, see if we can get her as a guest speaker.

just a thought.

(sorry, one line.)

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Rosies an idiot. She can't even be bothered to type like someone past the age of 6 and is obviously not interested in doing and research other than watching the oh so accurate Loose Change. I have been sending her comment to her "ask ro" thing and like most Truthers, she simply ignores the things she doesn't want to hear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join