It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother's in the hospital, please pray...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh boy, I don’t know…. Could you please pray for my baby brother Todd? My dad just woke me up, crying. I’ve never heard my father cry in my entire life, so I know this is bad. I don’t have much information; I know he was out celebrating one of his friends 21st birthday…so I know he was drunk, no other details, than he’s in one of our trauma hospitals in Portland with a brain hemorrhage? And his skulls busted open. This is not good news; he just got married a few weeks ago, and he’s a father. If anything happens to him, this will kill my poor mother…

I’m on my way to the hospital…it’s going to be a long day! I don’t want to see my Dad crying…. I’m a strong person, but I don’t know if I can handle that?

Thanks friends,

Jennifer

[edit on 3/18/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am praying for your brother, Jennifer, and for you and the rest of your family, as well.

May the protecting hand of God be spread over your brother and your family during this difficult time.

May the healing power of the Holy Spirit come to your brother in his time of need.

God's will be done. His love and mercy are everlasting.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh gosh... I'm praying for your brother Jen... hope he has a full and quick recovery.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope he has a quick recovery.

-ONIAG

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My prayers are with you, your family and your brother.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh gosh jen! I will for sure be rooting for him, Please take care!

If you need us we are here ok Just shout if you need me,

Please keep us updated on how he is,

Asala

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Goodness, Jen! My thoughts and best wishes go out to your brother and your family. If you need to talk at all, please don't hesitate to u2u me. I hope everything is ok.

Wishing you the best.

Nite

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That is terrible Jen, I too will pray for your brother.

I think Icarus Rising said it best.

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I am praying for your brother, Jennifer, and for you and the rest of your family, as well.

May the protecting hand of God be spread over your brother and your family during this difficult time.

May the healing power of the Holy Spirit come to your brother in his time of need.

God's will be done. His love and mercy are everlasting.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just an update, I’ll try to keep it short…I know I can get pretty chatty sometimes.

My brother is in ICU; and things are looking really good ..Now. He is responding well to family, and the hospital staff at this time. He’s following commands when prompted. They pulled the big tube out of his throat that was breathing for him, which was nice! He was very combative, and they have now untied all of the straps that were restraining him from pulling out the tubes. He’s sleeping a lot, off and on…and has no memory of the whole ordeal. His blood alcohol level was atrocious, and he’s lucky to be alive at all!

I believe in miracles, even if you all think I’m crazier than a sh-t house rat. I saw a miracle today. I saw two grown men that had no love bond between them; tell each other they loved one another, my father and my brother Todd. Talk about sending all of us girls into a complete crying frenzy. I told my momma that maybe something good could come out of this after all. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! For your prayers, the positive thoughts and good vibes/energy. Looks like the panic is over, and everything is going to be alright
What a draining day…

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thats great news!
And a bonus, on top of it all.

How long will your little bro be in the hospital?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am glad that the news has turned out to be good.

It is wonderful that your dad and brother have acknowledged their bond of love. Sometimes it takes a horrific event for family to realise just what they mean to each other.

I hope your brother makes a full recovery, jensouth

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

How long will your little bro be in the hospital?

I'm not sure yet. I think they will move him out of ICU later today, but as far as going home...I think he's staying for now!

I know he's hungry, but they won't let him eat. He keeps saying he has to go pee...we keep telling him "you're tapped...just go, but he's confused and thinks he's gonna wee on himself.
Poor kid! He also thinks he might be in a Psychiatric facility. He keeps asking us if he tried to kill himself? And we keep saying...I don't know...did you??? Are you having those kinds of thoughts? I was glad mom wasn’t in the room when he said that……

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That is great news Jen, we will continue to pray that your brother recovers well.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is good news to hear he is coherent and combative....the latter being common in trauma patients. Regardless, I will keep him in my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am lighting a candle for your brother, you, and your whole family.

I'll send all the positive and healing energy that I can.

wwn

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good News! And we will continue to pray for his quick recovery.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Jen, I hope your brother makes a full recovery and your family grows closer from the experience.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey Jen,

I can assure you your brother will be in my thoughts for the next week. I am sending all the positive thoughts and energy I can give. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing.

Lot's of Love,

RT

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is sad, I am hoping for his quick recovery, my thoughts go out to him and the family.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow, jen...I'm glad things are looking OK now. Your brother and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join