It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthritis? or something else.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have a rather unusual problem with my left hand. It is almost completely numb.

Not my whole hand, just my ring finger, pinky, and the bottom of my palm.
It feels like when your hand is asleep, only it has been constant and without end for about 2 weeks already. Is this an indication of some type of arthritis or carpal tunnel?

The pics below illustrate where exactly the numbness is occuring. I traced along the numb part of my hand carefully so you should be able to see pretty much what I am feeling.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
numbness can be nothing or it can be something.

best thing to do when you have an actual physical problem, is see a doctor. While the fine folks here at ATS will gladly give you diagnosises ranging from "dude, you're cold, get gloves" to "well, the plasmatic ventricular rays from the Nordic ships has damaged the nerve endings in your finger. This is a side effect from your being abducted! Lucky you!" you should, in all seriousness, see a doctor.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have this condition in my right hand.

It started after I had my right rotator cuff repaired in my shoulder.

My Dr. says it is most likely from a nerve being disturbed during the
surgery, and I've learned to live with it.

The nerve runs down the arm, on the outside of the elbow.

If it is really bothering you, go see your GP. It's probably something simple.

Wish you the best,
Lex

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm going to see a doctor on monday(for a wide range of other problems) but was just hoping for some kind of input on this so that I didn't have to go in with quite so long a list of questions.

Thanks Lex, That is so weird. After reading your post a started feeling around on my elbow, and I found a lump. when i move my finger around on the lump, I can feel the sensation on my pinky like a finger is moving around on it in a way that mirrors my finger on the lump.(phantom limb?)

I will definitely ask my doc about this...

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Please keep us updated.

Lex

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The line you drew almost nearly follows the dermatome (togographical map of what nerve makes it painful in that area) I'm a head expert, but i think it's the ulnar nerve that is effected (could be the radial), most likely explained by your elbow bump.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The line you drew almost nearly follows the dermatome (togographical map of what nerve makes it painful in that area) I'm a head expert, but i think it's the ulnar nerve that is effected (could be the radial), most likely explained by your elbow bump.

That is it exactly, as it turns out, my Ulnar Nerve is dislocated, meaning that it is on the outside of the groove in my elbow that it should be resting in. I have been living in Tulsa(the big city) for about a year now and have gotten horribly out of shape, my arms are skinnier right now than they have ever been, and I think that is why I'm having issues with this now.(not as much padding kind of thing.)

The doctor said it might require surgery to put the nerve where it needs to be, but I think if I start working out again and get in better shape, it might go away. that or I'm going to try to just deal with it.

Thanks to everybody.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Good to hear it's nothing serious !

As I said, I've just learned to live with it. I've had too many surgeries, as it is.

But, it's your choice.

Thanks for the update.

Lex

new topics

top topics

join