It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERRY CHRISTMAS NOT HAPPY HOLIDAYS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I agree. Christmas is a christian holiday. If you don't like it then too bad. Its not right to force people to change for political correctness. Maybe saying all the holidays, but its bs to try to force other stuff on people.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Theyre not changing anything, they're eliminating a tunnel view of expression. If they changed it, they would be saying "Happy Hanaka" instead of Merry Christmas, instead theyre saying happy holidays, which acknowledges ALL holidays during the holiday season. Also, remember, even if your christian, you are still celebrating christmas AND New years, so there are two Holidays there, and therefore, due to the rules of the english language, the s in holidays is mandatory

Christmas as a national holiday did not come about till roughly 1870. Infact, Puritans BANNED it for almost over twenty years when they got here to america. Its not the government is ABLIGED to celebrate christmas, and christmas in its current incarnation is just a commercial cash cow invented to sell more stuff in our little ignorant capitalist society of ours.

Merry Christmahanaquanzaka.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Say whatever you like.
Christmas, holidays, whatever..

What irks me most, is you say it, someone supposedly becomes offended, then YOU change your tune..

Stick to your ideals, no one will get hurt...unless the ACLU tells them they have been hurt,,

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Christmas is a christian holiday. If you don't like it then too bad.

Non-Christians celebrate Christmas too, don't they? So, like it or not, Christmas is shared by many people.

but its bs to try to force other stuff on people.

Yes, so please don't force people to say Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
christmas is a pagan holiday with a christian sticker slapped over the name...

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A myriad of various religions, sects, and whatever celebrate various things this time of year. The whining of a certain segment of Christianity does nothing but harm their cause more than help.

This Christian says there is no attack on Christianity. Christmas can be shown, demonstrated, partied, worshipped anywhere except within the confines of the state. My GOD is stronger than the state.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Canadian labour movement can justly claim the title of originator of Labour Day. Peter J. McGuire, one of the founders of the American Federation of Labour has traditionally been known as the 'Father of Labour Day'. Historical evidence indicates that McGuire obtained his idea for the establishment of an annual demonstration and public holiday from the Canadian trade unionist.
Earliest records show that the Toronto Trades Assembly, perhaps the original central labour body in Canada, organized the first North American 'workingman's demonstration' of any significance for April 15,1872.

Well, in the completely self serving and myopic view of those championing political correctness regarding Christmas, I give you your next target - Labour Day.

You see, I'm a bum, a tramp, a social outcast who abhors work or the thought of it. I find the term Labour Day utterly and completely offensive to who and what I am - LAZY! In fact I'm so lazy I adopted kids!

Please change Labour Day to another name so as not to offend us less-than-ambitious people of this world!

Thank you, I'm going to take a nap now.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
why can't we say merry whatever-the-original-pagan-holiday-was-called?

or call it a name-of-pagan-holiday-tree?

would that offend christians?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why can't we say merry whatever-the-original-pagan-holiday-was-called?

Modern day Christmas is an amalgamation of numerous traditions, although I believe most have been heavily influenced by Saturnalia (which was not original either). The celebration of the passing of the winter solstice is likely older than recorded history, as it was celebrated by ancient Egyptians and Mayans alike.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i'm trying to say it doesn't matter what you call it, it just doesn't matter. i think its a lot better to just say holiday tree, because that definately seems more considerate.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'm trying to say it doesn't matter what you call it, it just doesn't matter. i think its a lot better to just say holiday tree, because that definately seems more considerate.

To each his own. Personally, I have no problem with people, organizations, businesses, etc. saying merry Christmas. If they want, they can say "please worship Jesus as your personal savior" if they want and that doesn't bother me either. I only get bothered when the state is involved, because the state is coercive in nature.

I am free to ignore private citizens I consider nutjobs, I am not free to ignore the dictates of the state.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I like Meow-y Christmas, myself!

Myself I prefer Mayye Kissamoose...

It is kinda like someone saying God Bless You to another, then being offended
when the other replies "which one".

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Christians are actually doing themselves in by bringing all this to the forefront. In doing so they are giving the opportunity to millions that would have never thought anything about it to now be "offended". Many times it is better to work behind the scene than in the forefront raising awareness to a problem that most would have simply dismissed before.

If the Christians want to litigate about something let us put all those millions for lawyers about Christmas trees into something truly moral. Affordable health care for ALL.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
dam political correctness we can't say merry christmas b/c we might offend someone

Who told you you aren't allowed to sy 'merry christmas'? There is no such restriction.
If you think happy holidays is bogus......don't say it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join