It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheyenne Road UFO, Las Vegas, March 02, 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hi JR, Here is a UFO case from March 2005 that I think has sort of fallen by the wayside a little, and I thought I would "bump it" over to your forum for your opinions and take on it. The original thread about this is located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had forgotten all about it until I got looking into some older threads, and it has some very interesting pics. Very hard to tell just what it is for sure, so I thought I would bring it up again here for you to look at specifically in your forum here. Maybe it will keep you busy for awhile as you ponder the authenticity of that Lago de Cote UFO...

Here is a quick "re-print" of the original message here:

Originally posted by IronDogg
This is a pretty intriging picture, and I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and has some comments about it...

Possible UFO Landing

I was driving home from work around 5:20 PM, enjoying the sunset while driving. I noticed a strange object maneuvering among the contrails in the sky and thought I would snap a photo while driving. This photo was taken at the corner of Tenaya Way and Cheyenne Road outside of Las Vegas, on March 2, 2005. I was on Tenaya getting ready to turn onto Cheyenne.

When I got home, I noticed I didn't get that craft but got something else in the lower left-hand corner. The weird thing is, the area where the lights appear in the photo is a flood control basin, so there aren't any lights there.

If this is what I think it is, it's mind boggling. There are what I believe to be 3 craft that are distinctly visible. I would be very interested in what others have to say about this photo. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Scott - "Trainspotter"
[email protected]

Camera info: I was using my Sony DSC-P92 digital 5 megapixel camera. EV was at 0 and shutter speed was 100. (The first image is the full shot, underneath are cropped and close-up images)

There are more images of this at the site above, but this is the best shot I guess...

So what? Possible UFO's? What is it?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I live about half a mile from there (that corner), it doesn't look familiar to me at all. Were you going to turn east or west on Cheyenne? Were you facing North or South on Tenaya?

Interesting photo.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pahrump
I live about half a mile from there (that corner), it doesn't look familiar to me at all. Were you going to turn east or west on Cheyenne? Were you facing North or South on Tenaya?

Interesting photo.

Hi Pahrump.

If you are asking me those questions, I have no idea. I have only been to Las Vegas twice, and both times I had spent 90% of my time there either on The Strip or on Fremont Street. I did go golfing at some course nearby the Strip (It had "Black" in the name I think), and then one trip to some factory outlet mall someplace. I don't know Las Vegas at all other than that. But if I was to make a half hazard guess, the photos look like they were taken facing south-ish and/or west-ish due to the sun setting there. If you are asking the originator of these photo's (Scott aka "Trainspotter") those questions, well I am not sure that Trainspotter is a member of these forums or not, so you may not get the right answer from him either on the directions.

I am very glad you responded though, and I am thinking that you may be a valuable resource for JR and others here that may try to find out some answers regarding these photos. Maybe you might be able to provide a bunch of photos of the area for comparison's sake, maybe? Can you confirm for starters that there is a "flood control basin" there, and that there are no lights there at all that could have caused confusion with Trainspotters photos?

JR may have some questions for you to check into as well, so thanks for posting a reply and letting us know that we may be able to confirm/disconfirm the area some...

(Is "disconfirm" a word?)

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some background first...I have lived in Vegas since 1979 so I am familiar with the area. Currently I am in Pahrump taking care of my elderly Mom but I still have a home in Vegas.

I will get a few pics of that corner during the day and post them here. There is a stop light at Cheyenne and Tenaya. The area is all Medical, Dr. offices, hospital etc...

I have seen a lot of unusual things in the sky over the years in Vegas and out here in Pahrump as well.

Will get pics and post them soon. Will see if there is a Basin there also.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by pahrump]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hey there-
Sorry I been slow to get here, been really tied up on projects and out on locations.

Anyway, I saw those pics back when they were posted, and honestly I dont know what to think of them. I dont see them right off the bat being anything faked. However reflective positioning could easily be employed to fake it. But, I dont think thats what it is. They seem very candid. I'd be interested if Pahrump could get some test shots from there at daytime and night.

I'll email the shooter and see if he'd be willing to send me raw shots.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I should have those pics by this evening. Hopefully I can figure out how to post them.

Kim

[edit on 20-3-2007 by pahrump]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Kim, if ya have issues you can email them to me, just U2U me.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey folks,

I live at MLK and Oakey, where MLK dead ends onto Oakey. My backyard is literally 30 feet from the I-15 freeway divider wall. Now many times helicopters are flying up and down the strip/ I-15 night and day, and for those with too much imagination, and are not locals, they mistake these for ufo's. If they are not immeadiately underneath them (helicopters) as I am, one could take that leap of faith prematurely.

Is it possible that we have a similar occurance here?

-adhd

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well shut my mouth! Yipe!!!

That picture gave me goosebumps. I don't know what that is....

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
ok, there are about 30 pics. All the pictures are of the same 4 corners. I don't know how to make them smaller so I am just posting the URL.

This is a very busy intersection day and night.

pictures

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Since pretty much all of Vegas is a flood zone there are basins all over. Anytime it rains for more than 5 minutes it floods.

These pictures are probably useless for the most part...but you do get to see that Las Vegas is not all glitz and glamor. Just a normal busy City.

Kim

[edit on 22-3-2007 by pahrump]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Interesting photo.

Was it here?

Anyway, what is the dark object in the foreground? Some sort of tree or bush?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

ok, there are about 30 pics. All the pictures are of the same 4 corners. I don't know how to make them smaller so I am just posting the URL.

This is a very busy intersection day and night.

pictures

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Since pretty much all of Vegas is a flood zone there are basins all over. Anytime it rains for more than 5 minutes it floods.

These pictures are probably useless for the most part...but you do get to see that Las Vegas is not all glitz and glamor. Just a normal busy City.

Kim

[edit on 22-3-2007 by pahrump]

Looks to me like the background mountain in question is files.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">this one:

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's exactly where the pictures were taken. I went to the location described in the original post. I could not find any of the "landmarks" from the original photos, so I just took pics of everything hoping that someone could find a match. Cheyenne and Tenaya Way.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If those picks aren't faked (fingers-crossed) then they are some of the best. Gee that looks like structured craft. My guess is "classified" stuff from up the way in the Test Range. Maybe not. I hadn't heard of this one before - very interesting. Thanx for posting and doin' all that work.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Do you think that tree looking thing could be a dead palm tree.

dead palm tree?

Those pictures are amazing and a little creepy.

top topics

join