It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the reasons for the power downs before the 9/11 attacks?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just finished watching a video of an eyewitness giving his account of what happened prior to the attacks. He states that employees were given reports that there would be "power downs" in some of the floors, and how suspicious "workers" would enter the floors that were powered down, to work on it.

Given the circumstances, could thus be how the explosives ended up in the towers? If not, then what was the reason for the power downs?

Video:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My thread which is here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not the same topic but just another good topic relating to the same 911 attacks.

Thanks for posting this I will enjoy discussing this topic and mine also.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just a wild guess, the work being done by the suspicious workers required a power down. Happens from time to time in big buildings.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Just a wild guess, the work being done by the suspicious workers required a power down. Happens from time to time in big buildings.

Exactly, that's why it would be relatively easy for a trained team to rig the towers under the guise of maintenance of some kind.

There is a vid with a guy talking about the noise from the floor above him, when he checked and the floor was totaly empty. He talked about a lot of dust being everywhere also, is that the same vid?

I can't find it right now there are so many, my bookmarks list is loooong....

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And this power down can only be verified as happening on four floors of one tower, for cabling upgrades. Scott Forbes is the gentleman we can thank for the "power down" story.

GW: You've previously stated that on the weekend of September 8 and 9, 2001, there was a "power down" condition in world trade center Tower 2, the South Tower, and that this power down condition meant there was no electrical supply for approximately 36 hours from floor 50 up. Do you know what time the power-down started?

SF: All systems were shutdown on Saturday morning and the power down condition was in effect from approximately 12 noon on Saturday September 8, 2001.

GW: When did it end?

SF: Approximately 2PM on Sunday 9/9.

GW: How do you know that there was no electricity from floor 50 up, if Fiduciary Trust was on much higher floors -- starting at the 90th floor?

SF: I can't absolutely verify that there was no power on lower floors ... all I can validate is that we were informed of the power down condition, that we had to take down all systems and then the following day had to bring back up all systems ...

georgewashington.blogspot.com...

Of course, this is used as "proof" that explosives could have been planted, however, if you do some research on controlled demolitions you will find that this short period of time isnt enough to wire a 33 story building let alone a 110 story building.

In 24 days, CDI's 12 person loading crew placed 4,118 separate charges in 1,100 locations on 9 levels of the structure. Over 36,000 ft. of detonating cord and 4,512 non-electric delay devices were installed in CDI's implosion initiation system. As the implosion required the detonation of a total of 2,728 lb. of explosives, CDI implemented 36 "primary delays" and an additional 216 “micro-delays" in the implosion initiation sequence in an attempt to keep detonation overpressure to a minimum.

www.controlled-demolition.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No Swamp it's not used as PROOF, it's just another link in a chain of evidence that all starts to add up, you can add right, to something that makes it painfully obvious it was an inside job.

Start adding bro, cause right now you are selectively picking stuff you think you can de-bunk cause of what some government hack on a web site said...

Like most of you deniers, you don't even understand what you are posting as your attempt to de-bunk. It's laughable the lack of understanding of basic physics. Now we know what the 'dumming down' was all about...

[edit on 17/3/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Start adding bro, cause right now you are selectively picking stuff you think you can de-bunk cause of what some government hack on a web site said...

No, its me picking things that I dont have to spend all night typing in language you can understand.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Dear DJMessiah:

Power downs were needed to plant the really big stuff.

1. The explosives for the “impact crash holes”.
2. To position naphthalene IED simulator devices to mimic the plane explosions
3. To place smoke generators and their liquid reservoirs

The thermate cutting charges were placed over much longer periods of time (months).

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
No, its me picking things that I dont have to spend all night typing in language you can understand.

All I asked for from you was a link or something to back up your claims. It can be any language you like, as long as I can click on it and read all these eyewitnesses that saw a 757, or see the steel that you claim all fails at the same time like in the WTC sometimes...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Exactly, that's why it would be relatively easy for a trained team to rig the towers under the guise of maintenance of some kind.

There is a vid with a guy talking about the noise from the floor above him, when he checked and the floor was totaly empty. He talked about a lot of dust being everywhere also, is that the same vid?

I can't find it right now there are so many, my bookmarks list is loooong....

Here's the recent link : youtube.com...

Found it is William Rodriguez
Here's the video
Video Link : video.google.com...

[edit on 17-3-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The one I saw wasn't Rodriguez. He was an office mananger, or something, wish I could remember his name. I'll try to find it later. It was a vid that showed visuals from inside the towers as he spoke about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Of course it happens in buildings, but why would it happen during work hours, and not at a time where most employees are gone. As the witness said, it's ludicrous for it occur in the WTC because it would mean a large financial loss.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
Dear DJMessiah:

Power downs were needed to plant the really big stuff.

1. The explosives for the “impact crash holes”.
2. To position naphthalene IED simulator devices to mimic the plane explosions
3. To place smoke generators and their liquid reservoirs

The thermate cutting charges were placed over much longer periods of time (months).

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

are you really being serious ? if so ,

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
but why would it happen during work hours, and not at a time where most employees are gone.

It happened over the weekend, the best time possible for the financial companys involved. No market trading at the weekend.

This power down line of enquiry can prove nothing.

Imo you should find another aspect of 911 worth persuing.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Errrr... since when do you need to cut the power to wire up explosive charges??? Primers are triggered from low voltage DC, NOTHING to do with mains AC. The 'explosive' energy is stored in the primary charge as potential chemical energy.

Given this, IF your fanciful story were true, they would have attracted an aweful lot of unceccessary attention by shutting half the building down...

Logic ppl...

*sigh*

[edit on 18-3-2007 by Sciencer]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Isn't this the point where someone comes in and yells "They got rid of the bomb sniffing dogs!" ?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Cutting power to the WTC was extremely unusual, most of the tenants were financial trading companies; their business is to do world trading after all, and they are following and playing the markets across the globe on a 24-hour basis.

Trading and placing positions never stops, and to cut off power at any time meant enormous inconvenience for them: they had to provide backup power for their computers and communications during the blackout.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sorry but it would take WAY more than two days to put charges in giant buildings like WTC.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
Sorry but it would take WAY more than two days to put charges in giant buildings like WTC.

The wiring was done when the new security system was installed earlier.

Just the charges were placed the weekend before and there certainly was enough time to get it done.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3

Yeah and it also takes office fires more than an hour to cause steel to get hot enough to start to fail, if in fact at all.

So what was it then? The bushsuperantigravityray?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join