It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible super huge underground base found!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here's a twist of logic.

What if the best place to put an underground secret base is directly under a bombing range. who would look to an active bombing range for a hidden underground base? Like who bombs their own base? so, naturally the satellites wouldn't be looking for an underground base at the bombing range. just noticing that it's our old tried and true bombing range that we've been using for decades nothing to see here keep up the search for the secret base etc.

If it's underground it could easily withstand the shock waves of ordinance detonated on the surface. Wonder if you research what types of munitions they use there that any patterns would show up like they never seem to use penatrator bombs there or whatever. Never know. Would possibly be a noisy place to be stationed but it should be immune from the surface munitions.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I live in this area and can tell you that the bomb testings do happen occasionally. In Addition to the bombings the area sits in a valley surrounded by fault lines and dormant volcanoes. Earthquake activity is not uncommon. Additionally, deep penetrating "bunker buster" bombs have been tested here. These bombs can register as a 3.0 earthquake. This part is purely speculation,... I would imagine that if they are developing weapons for ground penetration that there is probably a target within the ground that they are trying to reach to see just what kind of damage one of these weapons can do to an underground facility.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, this is NOT a huge underground base nor is it overly secret, but I did see something very odd today. I went shopping and at a local LOWE's in Exeter Twp Pa, they're doing underground construction. They've had problems with sinkholes in that part of the parking lot, as well as farther up in front of a Staples. They had a big crane and the area was fenced off with signs blocking the view of the work being done. I parked and was curious so I walked over to where the fence was and looked over. There were pre cast concrete bunkers down there, maybe 8 feet wide by ten feet long by 8 feet high. There was at least a dozen of them and they were being pushed together and one workman was sealing those that had been joined. Next to them was a storm drain that went underground but didn't appear to connect to them. I thought maybe they were reinforcing the parking lot and there were plans to put another store out in what is a big parking lot. MAYBE that's what they're going to do, or maybe somehow these underground bunkers are going to be used for other purposes. A secret storehouse right out in plain sight underground. I'm no engineer but would these bunkers actually prevent sinkholes?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

reinforcement is usually round concrete pipes

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

what you describe could be a sustainable drainage solution - large holders underground for excess floodwater.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I was stationed at China Lake with VX-9. I always thought there was a secret base. They have a secret hanger which noone had access to. There is also civilian aircraft which noone knows about. Everyone speculated but noone had any hard evidence. Lots of really secret things went on there. Signs on base state, "What you see here, what you do here, stays here". Something along those lines anyway.

Lmfao how is it a secret if you and everyone else there knew about it? If you worked anywhere classified why are you telling people about "secrets", when you'd be bound by confidentiality agreements?
I'm not allowed to talk about my job specifics or even take photos at work and I'm not even working in a classified site or government site or anything military related. That's due to a confidentiality agreement. So you claiming to work at one of these sites, than telling the Internet of secret hangars lol.

If you did work anywhere, it obviously wasn't a secret hangar but just a part of the facilities that YOU didn't have access to.

There's some parts of this building that I don't have access to, as well as other buildings on this site and other sites, does that make them secret too?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
Well, this is NOT a huge underground base nor is it overly secret, but I did see something very odd today. I went shopping and at a local LOWE's in Exeter Twp Pa, they're doing underground construction. They've had problems with sinkholes in that part of the parking lot, as well as farther up in front of a Staples. They had a big crane and the area was fenced off with signs blocking the view of the work being done. I parked and was curious so I walked over to where the fence was and looked over. There were pre cast concrete bunkers down there, maybe 8 feet wide by ten feet long by 8 feet high. There was at least a dozen of them and they were being pushed together and one workman was sealing those that had been joined. Next to them was a storm drain that went underground but didn't appear to connect to them. I thought maybe they were reinforcing the parking lot and there were plans to put another store out in what is a big parking lot. MAYBE that's what they're going to do, or maybe somehow these underground bunkers are going to be used for other purposes. A secret storehouse right out in plain sight underground. I'm no engineer but would these bunkers actually prevent sinkholes?

What you've described sounds like stormwater drains that are precast and joined together.
I've seen it some before and some are quite large.

I don't know why you are calling it bunkers.

But by the descriptions you've given and the accounts of sink holes,it also sounds like they are reinforcing the top surface.
It could be that the soil below the surface was loose, or washed away somehow or otherwise been weakened.

Why didn't you just ask the workers?

A secret store house in plain site? Again like the other guy,but you know about it and so does everyone else who saw it.

Satellites would also have taken photos which would or could be analysed by image analysts. There'd be tell tale signs I believe of a bunker being built as opposed to storm water works. Unless of course they want a bunker that can't withstand even a minor explosion.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If they are having a water drainage problem, it should be a safe bet that those are catch-basins being installed. They catch storm water in large quantity's quickly and then let it drain out in a consistent manner and pace.

Probably nothing nefarious there.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Underground mechanical moles (armed drones) are ready... together with Sarmat!
edit on 26-10-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

So are you planning to EVER prove anything you say, or do you just like to hit and run post things that sound good.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Re: the "squiggly lines" in the desert at 36°12'19.92"N 117°33'20.45"W. That is a shooting range. On the left (look at the shadows) are angled concrete block walls about 8' high with window cutouts. To the right are pop-up targets (those black specks on the ground with dirt bermed up at their bases), and farther to the right are panels set at angles to hang targets on. Farther to the right is a large, high berm to stop the rounds from bouncing across the desert for a mile or so.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDITC
Re: the "squiggly lines" in the desert at 36°12'19.92"N 117°33'20.45"W. That is a shooting range. On the left (look at the shadows) are angled concrete block walls about 8' high with window cutouts. To the right are pop-up targets (those black specks on the ground with dirt bermed up at their bases), and farther to the right are panels set at angles to hang targets on. Farther to the right is a large, high berm to stop the rounds from bouncing across the desert for a mile or so.

Surprise you found a SOF training site.

Out there they have no need for a high berm to stop rounds from bouncing across the desert as there is nothing out there to hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join