It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen State Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How dare this man drag the police into his garage
and abuse them like he did ?..... just joking lol

www.heraldtribune.com.../20070314/NEWS/703140547

on a serious note it makes me feel good that
there are still those that would not give up hope
to defend freedoms and what they believe in

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maybe there is still some hope for America.

While I respect Law Enforcement and recognize its necessity in society, I have to applaud the Judges decision. Police are not above the Law. Our Civil rights are sacrosanct. The Officers are lucky that they weren't seriously injured.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I applaud the judge for his righteous interpretation of the law and of the constitution. Unfortunately, there are not enough judges like him and I'm sure the Justice Dept. and Alberto Gonzales are seeing red over his decision.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great find Patriot36.

While reading this article, I found myself smiling ear to ear.

Kudos to Circuit Judge Rick De Furia and John Coffin!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I love to see stories of Judges who put aside personal feelings and stick to the law.

You can tell the Judge didnt like what took place, and many judges would have given him jail time.. but instead he stuck to the law.. the officers broke the law and illegally entered a persons house and conducted an illegal arrest and got their heads knocked in for it...

I love the police.. but those who take the law into their own hands have no right on the force.. this case is a victory for personal rights!

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am an ex Law Enforcement officer in Florida and i am currently a Private Investigator and I fully support the judge.

As a solider and a law enforcement officer I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. And so many times in the past I have witnessed peoples rights trampled.

I don't know who said this but "Rights taken away are seldome regained."

But the judge in this case gives a little hope, but not much. So many judges make rulings not on the law or evidence, but on feelings, politics, outside pressure.

Ox

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I applaud the man.. More power to him.. Its about time someone in this country stood up for what they believe in and isnt afraid to be labelled.. Good for him..
Lets see more of this..

top topics

join