It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantsy or sci-fi world you would like to live in

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Real Life(don't restricted to those that proven to exist) as Aliens, Cryptids, Magics, 'Pseudosciences', and so on are more than sufficient to makes Real Life Sci-fi/Fantasy world that can be stranger than both Sci-fi/Fantasy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
1 - Star Trek (Risa FTW!
)
2 - Mass Effect universe
3 - Tolkien's Valinor, or Numenor if the first is not available...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sci-fi:Star Trek-Vulcan
Stargate Atlantis-in Atlantis
Fantasy: Definetely Middle earth

edit on 20-3-2011 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Dune - House Atreides, Futurama - Omicron Persei 8, Space 1999, Star Trek - The Motion Picture, and from seeing the trailer today, Starblazers! (The Yamato Rocks!)

edit on 9-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: Too many to choose !

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
While I'm not sure I'd enjoy it, I've always wanted to live in a world like Fallout. I realize it's more speculative fiction, but the technology is sufficient to say Science Fiction.

Rapture from Bioshock.

And if that doesn't count, I think it would be interesting to live in a world where HG Welles' War of the Worlds had happened in the 1890's and humans had assimilated their technology and were preparing for a massive war with them with tripods of their own for when the aliens returned. There's a movie coming out like that I'm pretty sure.

Huh... It seems I want to live in one of several truly horrifying worlds. Nostalgic, though.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Sci Fi:
The Fifth Element
Bladerunner
Cyberpunk2020 (Techie or Netrunner)

Fantasy:
Whitewolf: Mage: The Ascension & maybe VTM
LOTR or D&D type

Or
A Steampunk Setting
(I know ,cliche)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
hmm interesting i have thought about it for a few seconds and i would have to say a few
sci fi : the world of harry turtledoves world war series
peter f hamiltons reality disfunction universe that would be awesome to captain a voidhawk of the lady mac
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy that would be hillarious

fantasy
wheel of time world that would be so fun to slaughter trollocs with a sword made with the one power

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Fantasy: Probably Middle Earth, Harry Potter(Yeah kinda nerdy), and the World of Shannara, they would be my top three

Sci-Fi: Star Wars, Doctor Who, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and Treasure Planet(yes its kiddy, but still kinda cool.)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Definitely The Fifth Element, provided I had the clothes and the body to go in them that is!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
1)The World of Dragonlance
2) David Eddings worlds (all 3)
3) Lord of the Rings

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Stargate, Atlantis, early years..
Before the war of the wraiths.

Fantasy, naa

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
USS Enterprise D or E when it's not attacked by Romulans or Borgs.
And, Middle-Earth. All of it. (except Mordor). Do you imagine living in Lothlorien with the tree-houses, or in Rivendell, or in Hobbiton with the cute little houses, or in Gondor, with the big white castle. And ride everyday on a horse...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No contest. Star Trek. Doesn't get any better.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I guess I would go for Middle-Earth. I would just travel arround the world until I get too old, then I would go to the Shire until the end of my days.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wcssar

As George Takei would say..."Oh myyy." This is a fun thread, so star and flag for you.

I'm a terrible decision maker when it comes to things I like, and I like science-fiction/fantasy a lot.

My tops would be:

1) Harry Potter''s World
2) Pandora (Avatar)
3) Wonderland
4) Avatar
4) A world with a stargate.

Each of those worlds have a special place in my heart. I would love to live in Harry Potter's world because I would be able to do magic and see some amazing magical creatures. Also, I'd be able to fly which is something I've always wanted to do. I used to write the tooth fairy letters and ask her to give me the power to fly....and also to the "penguin in the fridge" who my mom told me was the thing that turned the light on and off. Smh

Pandora is desirable to me because it seems like a very spiritual place and it's freaking beautiful. Pandora represents what Earth could be if we weren't destroying it. The aliens there are pretty rad too...blue is my favorite color, so no cons with being a blue native.

Where do I start on Wonderland? I relate to the logic of this place so much. Everything is so messed up, but it really isn't. It's scary, but in a mysteriously exciting kind of way. I feel like a lot of adventures could be had here.

Then, there's Avatar. I'm 25 and watch this with my 6 yo sister, but I'll admit that I'd probably watch it without her. I was just telling my G'ma the other day how cool it would be to live in a time when traveling by foot and making camp was the only way to do it. Yes,it would be hard but it would also be rewarding I think. Many, many adventures to be had. Also, the most important part is obviously the ability to bend the elements. Oddly enough, I have had many recurring dreams about being able to manipulate my environment as they do, and started happening way before. I began watching the show. I suppose that is one of the reasons I like it so much.

Finally, I'd have to say that a world in which star gates were real would be my most favorite. I'm a huge fan of Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe. I'd love to be able to be on the Stargate team being able to travel to different planets and meeting the people who live on them. I'd probably prefer to be in Stargate Universe though. Something about being trapped on a spaceship that travels to different galaxies and gets its fuel by diving into suns is pretty exciting to me.

Anyway, good thread.
edit on 31-12-2013 by SleepyOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Transformers universe from G1-G2, just cruising around the universe in spaceships/bases/sentient robots like Fortress Maximus, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx and lots others to visit space circuses, space olympics, digging at ruins of ancient civilizations for lost tech, establishing first contacts here and there overthrowing regimes with armies of robots if necessary, observing wild life, passages to alternate dimensions/universes.
edit on 15-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Matrix as Neo
Akira as Akira
Heroes as Peter
Stargate as Tilc or Daniel
Starwars as yoda or obewan
Startrek as a resident/civilian

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wcssar

It wouldn't matter.. I'd be able to live in both no matter which one I choose.

If i choose Sci-fi I could create technology that causes me to travel in time and spce to get to the fantasy epoch i choose.

If i choose Fantasy I could make magic that would take in into the sci-fi world I want to visit.

I'd do that cus there ain't no sense in missing out if you don't have to LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Super easy!
Sci-Fi = Star Trek
Fantasy = Middle Earth

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great question!!

I'd would have to be Hobbiton for me, from Lord of the Rings... Pie, Beer, Pie, Beer... etc etc

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join