It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantsy or sci-fi world you would like to live in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The world of Harry Potter would be pretty cool, assuming you were a wizard...otherwise, we're still Muggles...

So then, team Harry, or team Voldemort?

I'd be more like one of the old fart wizards just trying to stay out of it, content to rely on my power to keep others away, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Team Harry deffinately, unless voldermort was the only choice

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
For Star Trek, I'll go with First Contact. I want to pioneer the warp drive, build the first interstellar ship and be one of the first people to go faster than light

Because as an engineer I absolutely love environments like in an improvised hangar in the middle of nowhere with other people, working on something so strange, yet very revolutionary with some country music playing in the background

[edit on 9-12-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Valiant and Gazrok, I'd be over in Harry Potterland, too.

But I definitely would not be a muggle.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'll take the one in which: another civilian colonizing saucer lands on planet Altair-4, just after the United Planets C-57-D is faked out by the planetary defence system - simulating the planet exploding into a star. Our ship's hyperdrive was damaged on approach, by the intense radiations from that holographic simulation. After landing (and releasing the 30-member crew from their voyage stasis chambers), we find the underground Krell complex, and Dr. Morbius research journals. We attempted to link the Krell machine to our ship's computer data banks to 'instantly' transform the entire Altair-4 planet, with an Earth eco-system. But the process failed (due to needing a human to wear the Krell headset)... and resulted in also reproducing many prehistoric and mythical life forms. The creation can not be reversed now, due to the great Krell machine burning out from the overload process. Now our crew of colonist and explorers are stranded in in this planet-sized nightmare. Even sub-space contact with United Planets Federation can not be made, due to lingering distortions of the space-time, resulting from the earlier emissions of the planetary destruction simulation.

I choose the Metaluna Saucer from 1955 "This Island Earth" movie (with a modified interior) - for both 'our' ship, and the former Bellerophon ship. It is... length: 198 feet, width: 171 feet, height: 41 feet. It contains 4 decks - plenty of room for crew and planet-exploring hardware. The topside command deck is 38 feet wide, 56 feet long, 16 feet high, and teardrop shaped. Ship dimensions are from the 2008 "The Saucer Fleet" book.

The crew encounter: dinosaurs, griffins, gargoyles, mystical power crystals (1974 "Land Of The Lost" series), an ancient underground adobe city of religious/ritual magic, A Krell space/air/submarine suttlecraft (1953 "War Of The Worlds" Martian War Machine), Selenite Creatures (1964 "First Men In The Moon"), Terrian creatures (1994 "Earth 2" tv series), giant animals (1961 "Mysterious Island", etc. movies), Gilled creatures (1954 "Creature from the Black Lagoon"), still-functioning Krell robots, lingering Krell spirits, a Krell undersea city, etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Doctor Who! Doctor Who! On Gallifrey!

Nothing else could beat it.

Even though Gallifrey isn't there anymore...
Either way. being a Time Lord (Lady) would be AWESOME

...Or Harry Potter I suppose, if we're going Fantasy. As long as I could go to Hogwarts.
Gazrock: Bet I'd be in Slytherin though LOL! I'm a right coward, so I'd probably be hiding in a corner trying to keep out of it too!
And I also agree with Valiant on the Merlin things

[edit on 23/12/2009 by Ayana]

[edit on 23/12/2009 by Ayana]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Warhammer 40k universe. Seeming as its dark, dangerous and hostile I might as well side with Chaos and be a Emperor's Children Space Marine that way I feel pleasure whenever I get wounded and my death would be probably the best way possible. I would hope to die early that way the latter effects wouldn't hit and hopefully Slaanesh likes me enough to make me a Daemon Prince. I would eventually carve out a Demon World and live out my eternal existence by doing whatever I wanted to do. Either that or just be first in line to get absorbed by the Tyranids.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
WH40K? Yikes!!! Chaos definitely seems to be the most powerful here... I got into this a long time ago, even still have an Eldar army (which are all but neutered with any recent rules), but the Chaos guys always had hard-hitting weapons and melee skills... Eldars really don't have a chance against them (unless you cheat at dice)... :evil:

I choose the Metaluna Saucer from 1955 "This Island Earth" movie (with a modified interior) - for both 'our' ship, and the former Bellerophon ship. It is... length: 198 feet, width: 171 feet, height: 41 feet. It contains 4 decks - plenty of room for crew and planet-exploring hardware. The topside command deck is 38 feet wide, 56 feet long, 16 feet high, and teardrop shaped. Ship dimensions are from the 2008 "The Saucer Fleet" book.

Ever see the MST3K motion picture where they spoof this film (This Island Earth)? It's classic, hehe....

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
After seeing Avatar, I can tell you what world I do NOT want to live in!

Too many nasty things there with big teeth and way too many claw-tipped limbs for my tastes!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The wizarding world in Harry Potter would definitely be a fun fit for me.

I would also highly consider Pern from Dragonriders of Pern, providing that I could pick my role. No religion and no war. Hmm, sounds pretty good to me.

Finally, Valdemar from the Herald of Valdemar would be a very interesting place to live. While everyone who is a fan wants to be a Herald, I am not so sure about that. Heralds tend to die young.
A bard or a healer might be nice, though.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Mars. After the humans ruined it. When the birds of fire and the sand boats where around, and the martians sleeped in soft magnetical beds~

yeah, Bradbury's Martian Cronicles.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm from the Culture.

When the spirit moves me, I work for Special Circumstances. This briefcase here is frequently my colleague.

Huge Wikipedia Entry

[edit on 7/4/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Mine would have to be the Mass Effect universe. I would love to be in the Wards on the citadel, looking out watching this gigantic space station rotate with the blue glare of the nebula. illuminating the surrounding area around me. And the hum of space ships whizzing by. And if i was extremely lucky i might catch a glimpse of the destiny Acencient the largest warship in the Councils fleet.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ha! I'm the opposite! Though it's a little embarrassing to admit, seeing Avatar was such a cliche 'humans are scum' type movie, as soon as I saw those bird/dinosaurs-looking flying creatures, I knew exactly that's where I'd like to be. The scenery looks just amazing. I would love also to be a Na'vi native. Just awesome how the natives move around.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I was gonna say the same thing when I scrolled through and saw your post. Post-Scarcity Universe is one that appeals to me too. Iain M Banks is the only Sci-Fi author I can think of that can write 400 pages without a humanoid and still make it a compelling page-turner. In my mind, the guy is a genius at the top end of 'geniosity.' His distant cousin Iain Banks is equally as good...Wasp Factory and Crow Road are superb fiction.

I'd settle for a Pratchett or Rowling world also...in a second. Stainless Steel Rat isn't a bad environment either

....or Star Wars
....or Star Trek
....not Aliens.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I would love also to be a Na'vi native. Just awesome how the natives move around.

I'm all into being an animal lover, but I'm not so into joining a part of my anatomy, to ride the thing...just seems a bit...dirty....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would love to live in the warhammer 40k world or the warhammer old world

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Tough question. Maybe the post-flu world of Stephen King's "The Stand"...or the virtual world in Tad Williams "The Otherland" series of books.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Bladerunner. id love to be a bladerunner

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Give me The Land from Donaldson's fine pair of trilogies.

Saltheart and me would straighten that place out.

Harte

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join