It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fantsy or sci-fi world you would like to live in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
the question is simple if you could make a wish and bingo your there where would there be, what fantasy or sci-fi world and where on the world/universe?
i have several but ankh-morpork would probable come first the disk world is just too perfect a place to pass up, now if it's sci-fi the battle of corrin dune universe would be pretty good but with obvious problems.
so where is it going to be for you?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Star Trek.

Holodeck. Replicators. No need for money.

Need I say more?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sci-fi is easy, Star Trek.

My choice for a fantasy world would be the one in Mirrormask.

Of the two, I would choose Mirrormask.
Its crazy.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Does the Dr. Seuss world count as fantasy? That may beat my previous post.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Forgotten Realms for me, specifically the Sword Coast of Faerun.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Doctor Who. I would take up permanent residence on the TARDIS.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Dagonlance series would ber mine. Star trek would be good. Stargate would be tight too. If not that the choclate factory.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Tschai, planet of adventure by Jack Vance. Probably wouldn't last a day if it were somehow to come true but, no other fictional place has fueled my imagination in as longing a manner.
As an amusing bonus, a lot of the characters remind me of people at work

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Star Trek

Serving as science officer on a deep space exploratory mission.

Live Long and prosper...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Star Trek.

Need I say more?

Yep, too easy....though being in the Star Wars universe, and having the Force, would be pretty damn cool too... or a Menbari in B5....

Fantasy-wise...I'd choose to be a high level Mage in the D&D world of Kingdoms of Kalamar (too many high-level dudes walking the realms of Toril...). In KoK I could become a true beneficial overlord...

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sci Fi world - Star Trek! Serving as captain of the U.S.S Galaxy, pissing off Klingons and Romulans all day would be my goal, there's nothing better than that.
Fantasy world - would have to be the world from the Theif PC game series it's just soooo cool!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Sci Fi Universe Third Imperium of the Traveller RPG
Fantasy Universe World of Greyhawk Old School Dungeons and Dragons

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Torn between Brian Aldiss's Helliconia and Larry Niven's Ringworld.

For Helliconia it would have to be toward the end of winter and the beginning of spring.

Just to spend time exploring the world and beings created on Ringworld could last several lifetimes

EDIT - Correct spelling

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Freedom ERP]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Definitely without a doubt, Gibson's world of Neuromancer.

Sim Stim, transdermal amphetamines,nerve splicing, ...now that's the world for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Star Trek.

Need I say more?

Oh for a world without money, will it ever happen while we live in these 3d bodies.

For me i would like to live in

sci fi - star trek next generation type
fantasy - i would have to say star wars, being a luke skywalker character fan

It would be great to live in a world with no money, but heck we do, and we are all slaves to it, while we are alive.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm probably going to have to go with Gaiman's Vertigo-verse, the one wherein takes place the story of The Sandman. Although because I like to believe in a lot of those things anyway, maybe I should be more specific and, well, specify, The Dreaming.

Absolutely without a doubt, The Dreaming. Too much awesome to describe in words.

And honestly I can't say, one option for sci-fi, one for fantasy, because for one thing I don't do enough hardcore sci-fi (for shame, I know xD ), but for another, I just don't like to imagine a large enough rift between the two genres. o: I imagine that they are rather.... intertwined with one another, mixing and matching and trading off parts or pieces as is seen fit.

Sssso, yeah. There's my bit of late-night philosophical dribble for this week.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Tough choice. So very many attractive places to go...

Ringworld would certainly be on my list. Oz is another. Of course, the Trekkie in me says that universe would be pretty cool. Any of the old school D&D worlds would be fun to visit. Pern during an interval between thread incursions might be fun, too. Dragons rock...

So to recap: Ringworld. Oz. Star Trek. Old school D&D worlds. Pern. Yeah, that'll do.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Truthfuly I would like to live in terry prattchets disc world, or may be space marine or a member of gaunts ghosts from the warhammer relms

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Warhammer Fantasy world, or Warhammer 40k.. even though it would probably be pretty horrible.. depends what life you're living there I guess.

Peace and quiet in Ulthuan, or a eldar maiden world or something.
Being an orc/ork would be nice too I guess, always doing what you love doing.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Harry potter's world would be number one for me
nothing else I can think of comes close.

Anything like merlin/king arthur, medievil, with castles, knight's, magic, wizards, witches etc would be a close 2nd also

<<   2  3  4 >>

join