It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is something everyone should know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here is something everyone should know

Id like to ask a question, at first glance, it may seem completely irrelavent, but look deeper, and youll see something hidden.

The question Id like to ask in this post is this: Why, all of a sudden, is there a gold stripe around the flag that is on the uniform that the American troops are wearing, as they are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan? Why is there a gold fringe around it, who cares, does it really matter?

Does it?

Well, upon looking at this, Ive discovered that there is now a gold stripe around every official flag, you look anywhere, in the government, the military, the media, the courts, the police stations, in any place that is "official", there is a gold stripe around the American flags, what is up with this? It wasnt always that way, so who changed it and why?

I want you all to look up something, look up something called "the international law of the flag". Well, you will see that there are really two laws operating on planet Earth right now...the Law of the Land, which differs from land to land, and the second is the Law of the Water, other wise known as Admiralty and Maritime Law. This law states that there are no laws...it is lawless.

Thats why once you get into international waters, you can do anything you want, because there are no laws, EXCEPT for one exception...

If a boat, for instance, is traveling with a flag of a country on his ship, that means that that ship is governed by the laws of the represented country, like the Titanic had that flag on the back saying this ship is governed by the laws of Britain (even though it was made in Ireland), and anyone who comes on that ship and sees that flag is acknowledging that they are now governed under the given laws...

Now, heres the kicker. A flag with a GOLD FRINGE, the gold stripe, around it signified Admiralty and Maritime law. A ship with a gold stripe around its flag was saying "we are operating under Admiralty and Maritime Law, no laws, but we come from this country."

The banks, every single bank on Earth, operates under Admiralty and Maritime Law. Every single bank in the world, go look, has that gold fringe around its flag. The very word bank, I mean where else do you hear the word bank? A river bank, right, the river bank guides the flow of the current...and therefore the banks control the flow of the currency, they even use the names to show you, the banks run under the Law of the Water, which means that they run under no law! They can do whatever they want, despite what the constitution or anything else says, simply because they have that gold fringe around the damn flag, which symbolizes the fact that they indeed run under the Law of the Water, therefore, cannot be touched by any Laws of any Land.

THATS WHY THE BANKS ARE DOING WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT! YOU WANT PROOF THERE YOU HAVE IT!

Now, the fact that all the governmental, and military, media, police, etc etc have those same gold fringes, means that those institutions are controlled BY THE BANKS, who operate under the Law of the Water.

The idea of a free nation with civil rights, is an Illusion, cleverly orchestrated, so the people dont see it is an Illusion.

Now thats deep...

So what does this have to do with the troops? Well simple, the fact that they wear that gold fringe around the flags on their uniforms means that they are controlled by the banks, and are at the banks whim only, as are all the other official institutes.

They control you with their phony money, their paper with ink on it, and you buy into it, and you believe you are free. I think its time for a change, dont you think?

[edit on 17-3-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Interesting.

Do you have any links or photos of soldiers and "official" buildings showing the gold stripe?

-Sour

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I must admit it is hard to find a pic of a troop with one, I see it all over the news, but the pics seem to be rare...

Well I found one. If you look closely at the guy on the left, you can clearly see the gold fringe around the flag on his shoulder, interesting how they are meeting with Bush, how appropriate..

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
what if your not depressed but actually the opposite

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I see you've done your homework...

It is quite interesting to find corporations and the like operating under maritime law, which you're right has no checks and balances. They are operating with complete freedom to do whatever they want, while we fill their banks with gold and silver stolen from the Earth.

Yes it is time for a change, but can you offer any suggestions? I for one only see a revolution as the solution...Probably not completely bloodless either unfortunately as the masses are for the most part too asleep to understand such complex ideas...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lightworker13- That is some very interesting stuff there. You've done some research. I too wonder what can be done to bring about change on such a large scale. Very interesting thread.

exotic4499- please for the love of pese stop derailing threads with comments that are completely irrelivant to the subject matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
How are we gonna change this system? Well all we have to do to take this system down is to stop holding it up! Because we do that everyday!

Great analogy for this. You ever see them gymnasts, who form together to make a pyramid, with the peek guy at the top. Now all the glory seems to go to the guy at the top, hes got the easiest job he just stands there, all the other people do the work, and the people at the bottom do the most work, and are the least recognized.

Well, lets say one of the people at the bottom got a sneeze right, and sneezed his snots out, and stumbled and lost his balance. As soon as that guys gone, soon the whole pyramid crumbles, while lets say the guy at the top, who happens to be heavy and greedy, falls...it is easily replaced by a more lighter, righteous peek.

All it takes is for a small percentage of the population, lets say 10, 20%, especially the key workers, the people in factories, and other such places that give society all that it has, if they decide to "hey forget this" and start living their lives again, well then, soon the whole pyramid of control would collapse, because one thing that the control is most afraid of is the threat of a good example, because they know if people see something better than what they know, theyll take to it.

Thats why visionaries all across the world are ridiculed in silence, or killed, because it is so dangerous to the powers that be, who dont want people to see other views besides the one theyre given.

So how do we stop this madness? We stop holding the pyramid up, by not conforming to the systems standards, and living our own unique life, Ive tried my best so far, and its worked out pretty good for me I must say.

Now it may be tough at first, indeed it will bring adversity at first when the dust settles from the pyramids collapse, but once it has, we can build a bigger better pyramid, one that has integrity, and can be depended upon. Thats what we gotta do.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
The banks, every single bank on Earth, operates under Admiralty and Maritime Law. Every single bank in the world, go look, has that gold fringe around its flag.

What do you mean when you refer to a "bank's flag"?
Do you mean a national flag flying on a bank building?
Or do you mean a flag with the bank's logo on it?

And when you refer to "Every single bank in the world"?
Banks in the UK do not normally fly flags on their buildings?

(I'm not questioning what you're saying, I'm seeking clarity about what you mean.)

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Fjtruth]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just been doing a little research:

First, I've found references to gold / yellow fringes on US flags - but not on other nations' flags.

Secondly, the references clearly indicate that the gold fringe refers to military usage / law:

First the appearance of our flag is defined in Title 4 sec. 1. U.S.C..

"The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes, alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight stars, white in a blue field." (Note - of course when new states are admitted new stars are added.)

A foot note was added on page 1113 of the same section which says:

"Placing of fringe on the national flag, the dimensions of the flag, and arrangement of the stars are matters of detail not controlled by statute, but within the discretion of the President as Commander-In-Chief of the Army and Navy." - 1925, 34 Op.Atty.Gen. 483.

The president as military commander can add a yellow fringe to our flag. When would this be done? During a time of war. Why? A flag with a fringe is an ensign, a military flag. Read the following.

"Pursuant to U.S.C. Chapter 1, 2, and 3; Executive Order No. 10834, August 21, 1959, 24 F.R. 6865, a military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a YELLOW FRINGE, bordered on three sides. The President of the United states designates this deviation from the regular flag, by executive order, and in his capacity as COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF of the Armed forces."
Source

MILITARY FLAG WITH THE GOLD FRINGE

Martial Law Flag "Pursuant to 4 U.S.C. chapter 1, §§1, 2, & 3; Executive Order 10834, August 21, 1959; 24 F.R.6865; a military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a YELLOW FRINGE border on three sides. The President of the United States designates this deviation from the regular flag, by executive order, and in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief of the military. The placing of a fringe on the national flag, the dimensions of the flag and the arrangement of the stars in the union are matters of detail not controlled by statute, but are within the discretion of the President as Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy." 34 Ops. Atty. Gen. 83.

President, Dwight David Eisenhower, by Executive Order No.10834, signed on August 21, 1959 and printed in the Federal Register at 24 F.R. 6865, pursuant to law, stated that: "A military flag is a flag that resembles the regular flag of the United States, except that it has a yellow fringe border on three sides."
Source

This would, of course, clearly explain the reason for military personnel wearing such a flag.

But I don't understand the jump from Military law to Admiralty and Maritime Law.

The references above correctly refer to the fact that it is under International Maritime Law that the flag flying at a given location (ship, building, area, whatever) can designate the law that applies at that location. But surely then, if the flag is a military flag it designates Military law not Admiralty and Maritime Law?

Whether that is any better is, of course, another question!

But what concerns me, as a Brit, is the suggestion in the previous post that this applies worldwide:

• Yes, I agree that it is International Law that the flag can dictate the jurisdiction.
  • But I have seen no evidence that the gold fringe meaning military law applies to other nations' flags.
  • Nor that banks fly such a flag outside the US.

Please clarify if this is what you are alleging, LightWorker13.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well look, I went in to the BMO Headquarters in Montreal, I walk in, I get two feet into the place, and what do I see other than a Canadian flag, gold fringed...so there was one bank that I saw it in for myself.

This may not suffice as evidence but Ive seen on TV pictures of the Iraqi government, for example....when they are giving their press conferences, you see the gold fringe around the flag. When I see anyone, no matter who it is, give a press conference, there is always always a gold fringe around the flag strategically placed.

I remember when the mayor of our town sued my family, we went in to that court room, and what else do I see besides a gold fringe around the damn flag, these are just my personal experiences ok. Whats more, we lost the case, our evidence wasnt even looked at...you see cuz when your in "court" you are at the mercy of the judge, because he sits on the BENCH. Look up the word Bench, it comes from the word BANK. So the judge rules for the bank, hes gonna get paid anyways, what does he care who wins or loses. And of course, we lost even though we had the Truth on our side, because there are no real laws to help real people, only the greedy few.

And the fact that it points to Military Law, well Military Law, according to my understanding, in effect means Martial Law, which is a nice way to say Admiralty and Maritime Law.....Admiralty and Maritime Law and Military Law are the same thing, it means there are no laws RESTRICTING the banks and such to do as they please...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You have voted LightWorker13 for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Great post. It seems that you have put some effort into researching this. I would however take FJTruth's post into consideration, and not jump to any conclusions yet.

Do you have a link to where you read that the Gold Fringe refers to maritime law?

If this is true, then it would seem to be as simple as requiring the removal of gold fringe from non-military units in order to bring the banks and corporations back under control, theoretically at least.

Great job. I love to read posts like this.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think you will find your answer about the gold fringe on the flag at the link below.

Nothing sinister about it, though some web pages would have you believe there is. The U.S. Attorney General ruled in 1925 that it is an option with no particular meaning. Some people think it looks good.

Flag of The U.S.

[edit on 3/17/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
They put it there because it looks good, I guess they put the Fascist symbol, the fasces, on the hall of congress because it looks good too...

The very word fascism, comes from the fasces, an ancient roman symbol. The rods, represent individuality, freedom...tied together, ruled by a central point, the axe head...that is fundamental fascism, centralized control, and that is exactly what we are seeing unfold before our very eyes every day.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

They put it there because it looks good, I guess they put the Fascist symbol, the fasces, on the hall of congress because it looks good too...

The very word fascism, comes from the fasces, an ancient roman symbol. The rods, represent individuality, freedom...tied together, ruled by a central point, the axe head...that is fundamental fascism, centralized control, and that is exactly what we are seeing unfold before our very eyes every day.

I don't usually go for this deeper a conspiracy, but Lightworker13 is right about the fasces, and yes when it is pronounced it does sound like something you do in the loo.

It goes back in Roman history, and was presented to a consul, quaestor etc when they took office. Basically it was a symbol of power OVER the people.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

No offense meant, but it sounds as though you're not up on American history and symbols. Yes, the fasces are there and were on the dime as well (Roosevelt dime.) They stand for the "united we stand, divided we fall" concept, same as they did for Rome.

The very word fascism, comes from the fasces, an ancient roman symbol.

...while this is correct...

The rods, represent individuality, freedom...tied together, ruled by a central point, the axe head...

...this is NOT correct.
en.wikipedia.org...

And many governments have used the symbol. It was the magistrate's badge of office in ancient Rome.

As to the gold bordered flag patches on military uniforms, a LOT of military patches have gold borders. It's for aesthetic reasons.

Really. And I think you could talk to military members here and find out that they didn't take any sort of strange oath or vow to uphold odd maritime laws. Maritime laws are very different, and you'd know if they were being in use today.

www.marlowwhite.com...

Here's something about the current use of the flag on military uniforms:
usmilitary.about.com...

Historically, they were only worn on overseas troops.
www.military.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yes, I read some credible information on this subject a few years back.

I think it works into the reality of the United States Of America being bought and sold and representing a Corporation rather than a soveriegn country and that kind of thing back in the early 1900's. I remember that attached to that each citizen is listed in a capital letter form as a taxpayer and is some sort of individual business entity. Official correspondence in a "legal fashion" is said to represent this.

Nothing happens by coincedence in the world of non-chaos.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You needed gold fringes around the flags to deduce that? I would have thought the actions of our government would have sufficed.

We have the best government money can buy.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

As to the gold bordered flag patches on military uniforms, a LOT of military patches have gold borders. It's for aesthetic reasons.

Aesthetic reasons???

Really Byrd, I generally respect your opinion and such, but to say aesthetic reasons, c'mon, that is lame.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just to clarify so the attorney general said the fringe meant nothing in 1925 and was a manner of aesthetics?

OK, heres some food for thought. The federal reserve which is a privatelly owned government controlled organization (technically) ... yeah those guys you may remember the bill bringing said organization into existence passed in 1913 after it's initial defeat in 1911 which was precipitated by the infamous jeckyll island pow wow of most of the major financial players in the US. So this statement from the AG could be like so many lies the government has been caught telling us over the years.

It's really not that far fetched that they would smugly smile every time they saw a flag then point out one flimsy statement from the attorney general 12 years after the US currency system was effectivelly privatized.

I am not sure what my opinion is on the flag border thing. but it did give me a wonderful opportunity to remind people to research the federal reserve, and for the love of pete after you read tell people what you found!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thank you for writing this. It only goes to show that there are many of us that didn't know this or even notice it, goes to show how dumbed down we are.

Now if I read some of this stuff right that fringe also includes MARSHALL LAW.

What really scares me is the "B" family running this place. What was said about the Federal Reserve I believe is truth too.

While we work our butts and pay our taxes which is our money they use against us what or how are we going to right this. It is going to be hard to get people who are tired to wake up and fight for there life.

How do you take the greedy power people with all that money and warring devices and stop them? We here in the USA are to busy working so we can have the latest and newest gadgets and do fun stuff whenever we can. Most people are willing to let others do the work and fighting for them.

Our government knows how we are thats why they keep thing so fluid we lose interest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join