It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France PM: Iraq war has 'shattered' U.S. image abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

France PM: Iraq war has 'shattered' U.S. image abroad

news.yahoo.com

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (Reuters) - French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin on Friday urged the United States and other foreign nations to withdraw from Iraq in 2008 and said the war had "shattered" America's image abroad.

The Iraqi conflict, which has killed tens of thousands of Iraqis and some 3,200 U.S. troops in the past four years, is sapping the power of the United States to peacefully influence other players in the troubled Middle East, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Although the issue about Iraq that French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin is trying insinuate has some basis, saying that it "shattered" U.S. image I believe would be an exaggeration.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
yeah, I dont concern myself too much with french opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The US image can be repaired in time.
If and this seems quite likely an Islamic regime comes to power in Iraq democracy will have been set back in the region 100 years. Other governments may crack down on or be reluctant to grant personal freedoms in order to preserve stability. This is what the Bush admin incompetence will lead the ME to.

Now that kind of damage cant be repaired.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
yeah, I dont concern myself too much with french opinion.

They are still mad that we cut their contracts for not helping in the war because France didnt... uhh... want to "murder innocent people" ... so instead of going into Iraq they para drop into the Ivory Coast and Algeria and kill innocent people there!
Gotta love the French just for being French almost as much has you have to hate the French for being French.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
does anyone really care what France thinks except France i mean come on they eat mice .

apc

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You got a problem with people who eat mice, buddy?

I say a poll is in order! Someone survey the entire planet to prove or disprove this monkey's statements.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcssar
does anyone really care what France thinks except France i mean come on they eat mice .

Haha do they!? Frogs and snails sounds bad enough lol, though i've yet to try them before I make judgements.

More on topic, it's not just France who the US has a bad reputation with. A lot of the world's publics see the US government as warmongers. It's just that the French PM is the only one with the balls to say it up front.

new topics

top topics

join