It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have noticed nerling posting up alot of news articles. Is there anyway that we can make a breaking new section for him and ppl like him that we can go look for all the news. I know we have the blog but (i think) only zion and a few others can post news and there its hard to reply to it and not as easy as it is on the board

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good Idea!
Breaking News Section!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But I like knowing if the breaking news deals with the War on Terror or....

Oh there is no other breaking news.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
As the self-proclaimed news king i wholeheartedly support the section

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
As the self-proclaimed news king i wholeheartedly support the section

Just to be different, I don't.

A dozen replies deep, it's not breaking news. And I think it should fit into an ATS category or be damned.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think nerdling should be the breaking news king. Do not forget about Advisor's ATS news paper idea. That might be able to fit into the breaking news forum!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Nice idea but wouldn't work... someone would have to move all the "breaking news" articles into the forums afterwards.

Some breaking news just isn't news, but current events, so then you have a definition problem. At least in our current forum structure, you can see immediatly under each forum what is breaking.

Maybe you could have a symbol that you can add to your post, like an exclamation mark, (or special bg color) that might show in the todays posts list that shows this is signifigent breaking news, and it might time out after 48 hours.

It wouldn't automatically be added to every new thread, but manually by the poster to a new thread that was considerd "breaking news"

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
you mean besides "BREAKING NEWS" like he did earlier? or the huge breaking news banner in the post? lol...maybe a new Icon can be created for it...or specify the use of the blue flasdhing light for breaking news? something like that I guess.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
how about (im sure the scripting and coding isnt too hard) you have a timer on the "breaking news" then after like lets say 2 days it will be moved to a specific catagory that was indicated when the thread was first posted.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think that what you envision QuickSilver is noble, despite some inherent mentioned problems, which can be solved.
My concern with any news post is that the poster is not posting it for points, per se', but for legit feedback and not for spamming, flamming, condemnations, etc.
Another contention to posting a good news article is doing a subsequent follow-up with relevant information related to the article or news item.

*edit* I editted this because I was not refering to Nerdling or anyone else when I mentioned the above concerns or comments....please take no ill towards what I mentioned.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well how bout designate people liek we already do now (writer,fighter, scholar) to initially post. Im thinkin ATS News Agency

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
*edit* I editted this because I was not refering to Nerdling or anyone else when I mentioned the above concerns or comments....please take no ill towards what I mentioned.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Seekerof]

No offence taken of course. I'm after the dicussion value rather than the points.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
what do u think william?

top topics

join