It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Over Russia - February 16, 2007 (W/Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A student from Kaliningrad, Russia, was able to film an unidentified flying object over Kaliningrad, Russia. The object in question was yellow and very long in size. There were many witnesses that reported the UFO eventually met up with another UFO and joined it in flight.

A student sitting at home and listening to music saw the UFO while looking out his window, grabbed his video camera, and began to film the object flying in the sky. The video is reported to be about 10 minutes in length and I have yet to locate the full video. The link I provided below is only what appears to be a short segment of th original video. Perhaps some of you ATS'ers will have better luck than I in uncovering the full, unedited video and then it can be posted here for further review.

Link to Article:
ufosightings.ca...

Link to Video:

To see the video go to the following link and click the video camera looking link underneath the picture of the UFO (on the right). It will open a window and it says "cant be located" sometimes. Just refresh the page once or twice and the video will oad and start to play.

kaliningrad.rfn.ru...

I stumbled across this article while reading from a list of UFO sightings on Wikipedia. You can find the reference to the sighting at the bottom of the time line on Wikipedia. It apparently occurred on February 16, 2007 in Kaliningrad, Russia.

Link to Wikipedia article:
en.wikipedia.org...

Supposedly there were quite a few witnesses and the tape has even been turned over to a team of Scientists, Physicists, and Astronomers. I find this to be a very credible sighting considering the nature of the sighting, those who witnessed it and the evidence to support the witnesses claims.

I'm looking forward to see what all we can uncover about this sighting and hopefully if it turns out to be a verified UFO that isn’t of any conventional nature we can then add this to the list of real UFO encounters.

Please flag this thread so it can get some attention, I would like to see some good investigation go into this if at all possible.

~Anathema

[edit on 16-3-2007 by anathema777]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i can't get the video to play.. is it just me?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Video won't play here as well

Tried IE and Firefox

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
People, if you want to call yourself UFO enthusiasts or whatever, you need to be able to identify what is Not a UFO. I'm sure there are pages out there with phenomenons regularly mistaken for UFOs.

This is Not a UFO. This is a typical, uhh.. I don't actually know what it's called in english. It's "kondensstrimma" in Swedish, roughly translating to condensation streak in english. Either way, it's just a phenomenon created by planes that leave behind two rows of 'clouds' that are then lit up by a setting sun.

www.ufo.se...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Either way, nothing to see here, let thread die.

Yeah I don't think so. Not to cool to just jump into the thread and just tell us to let it die when I just started it.

It's just your opinion that it's not a UFO, I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
IMO It doesn't look like any plane contrail I have ever seen. It also doesn't look like a chemtrail.

What it does look like is the thing they showed in the skies of Hawaii a little while back.

They tried after a bit to say it was a meteor I don't think it is that either.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
It also doesn't look like a chemtrail.

it probably doesnt look like a chemtrail because they dont exist

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This chemtrail thing is getting outta hand now phhh... i havent even tried the video again yet but ever since i said 'i don't get this chemtrail business'.. the site has been flooded with it! anyway.. lets try the link again

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The direct location for the video would be: kaliningrad.rfn.ru...

Try that.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks dulcimer
. Alas just a plane

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here is a short description of exactly what Drexon is talking about:

www.hko.gov.hk...

I believe this is what is happening in the video.

I myself witnessed this last year, late summer. It does look pretty strange. It made me wonder for a second myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree with Drexon's comments. Yes, very much a setting sun Plane contrail in low-humidity, high atmosphere where the contrail evaporates very quickly. I see them constantly on clear evenings towards the west here.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Cool, good job with the detective work guys. Too bad this didnt pan out to be anything useful. One thing though, does it come off as strange that the scientist-astronomers didnt come to this conclusion like immedietly? Also the fact that there were a few witnesses who noted that a second UFO joined the first one tends to make me lean away from the contrail theory, just a thought though. Good work again on debunking this thing.

They need to remove this as a confirmed UFO sighting off of the Wikipedia article I think.

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by toogood
Video won't play here as well

Tried IE and Firefox

Just incase - I don't mean to sound like I'm stating the obvious - but make sure you click the 'video' icon under the picture on the page.

One is a photo imgae icon, the othe ris the video icon, but the page only loads a snapshot image.

If thats what you did, I apologise... usually it's me who has problems with the videos too..

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well

Originally posted by observe50
It also doesn't look like a chemtrail.

it probably doesnt look like a chemtrail because they dont exist

so it *IS* art students !!!

those pesky kids..

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
One thing though, does it come off as strange that the scientist-astronomers didn't come to this conclusion like immediately? Also the fact that there were a few witnesses who noted that a second UFO joined the first one tends to make me lean away from the contrail theory, just a thought though.

~Anathema

I guess we would need the statements of the people who were looking into this.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow! This happened on my 25th B-Day!! lol

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That is interesting. Someone mentioned the Hawaii sighting. That's what I thought about too.

I would like to see a longer video of it, so I could make a better judgement of it.

Troy

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but contrail's dont move do they? Don't they just sit in the one spot untill they evaporate?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-1-9er
Correct me if I'm wrong but contrail's don’t move do they? Don't they just sit in the one spot until they evaporate?

I do believe you are correct friend. I would "assume" that Contrails wouldn't be mistaken by many witnesses as 2 UFO's. Not to mention the professionals that reviewed the evidence gave no mention of contrails being the source.

I understand how things that go bump in the night or day are most often explainable and often mistaken for things that they are usually not, but in this case a few of the facts make me think that the UFO most likely was NOT a contrail.

1. Some of the witnesses stated that they saw a second UFO join the first UFO in the sky. Now if this sighting was nothing more then contrails then how could it be mistaken by multiple people as one UFO that at some point is joined up by a second UFO? I don't know the answer to this, maybe one of the many contrail experts can explain this one to me.

2. A student sitting in his room listening to music had this strange object in the sky catch his attention, which eventually led him to bust out the ol' video camera and start recording it. Again I can see how if it was contrails how initially it could have been mistaken as a UFO or something strange, but upon further scrutiny, and with the video camera out taping it, one would think that at some point the young man would have thought "hmmmmm, those aren't UFO's, it's just vapor from an airplane or two. I'm gonna go back to listening to my music now". At which point he would shut the video camera off, and never give the sighting another thought.

3. Upon giving the taped evidence and most likely the witnesses statements also to a group of Astronomers and Physicists you would think that they would have immediately debunked this sighting as nothing more than contrails or a weather phenomena. Not "They couldn't give a definitive answer as to the nature of the sighting".

I think it could also be assumed that if they put contrails on the table as a viable option that they would have gained access to the planes that flew through the area during that time of day and then immediately concluded whether or not a plane took the exact path necessary to leave contrails at the point in the sky described by witnesses and displayed in the video.

Using the location of the students house who video taped the UFO they could have easily pin pointed right about where the UFO was in the sky and then compared that to all flights taken through the area, and then eliminated or confirmed the contrail possibility. I'm almost considering trying to contact someone involved with this case to find out if they have done this already, but Im assuming that is the first thing they did upon viewing the evidence.

Source: UFO Sighting Over Russia (Article)
The object was sighted in the sky right over the regional center, hovering over General Butkov Street, Kaliningrad, in the evening. The yellowish, elongated object slowly and noiselessly moved toward Pregol River. According to witnesses, some time later another object joined the UFO.

Since when do Contrails hover over a city and then have another contrail fly up and join the first contrail in flight? The best assumption that a few of the professionals that viewed the tape could come up with is that it could have "possibly" been a weather balloon. The problem with this is apparently there were no meteorological tests like that going on in the area at the time, or observed that day in the area. Also what are the chances of two weather balloons intercepting one another and then hovering together?

The info about the weather balloon came right from the Russian source article and was translated by using altavista.com

The article can be found here:

kaliningrad.rfn.ru...

I think there is much more to this sighting than a "Contrail".

[edit on 17-3-2007 by anathema777]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join