It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(D) Richard Lamm - How to destroy America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The way I define inferior in regards to these foreign cultures, is that they fail to adapt to the laws and standards of a country they immigrated to, such as the U.S. Much to what I've described above, they import extremist/fanatical and barbaric traditions, they fuel the terrorist agenda in their 'religious' facilities, in other words, they are nothing short of being criminals. Liberals, who thrive on political correctness are welcoming these criminals into the U.S.. Which is the exact same thing as supporting terrorism, because that's what these foreigners with such mindsets really are.
Now some are going to assume, that I mean all foreigners, well no, there are good people that come here to live as Americans. They wish to adopt the American life-style, learn the common language and make an honest living, now that's admirable.
I don't see how anyone can say I'm being racist. I don't believe that technology neccessarily puts a culture above another. I'm defining it in the sense of how foreign cultures adapt within a country like the U.S.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by laiguana]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So you are saying that a failure to adapt equates to a failed culture. What you are suggesting has nothing to do with culture, successful or not and everything with the individual ability (or desire) to adapt. In fact the urge to hold onto one's culture is a sign of its vibrancy.

Generally speaking it takes a couple generations for immigrants to fully adapt. I am reminded of the old Greek and Italian festivals I used to attend up in Portland Maine where the grandparents still conversed in Greek or Italian and looked the part of old Greeks and Italians and the grandchildren spoke in the clipped accents of northern New England.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by grover]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No, I believe most americans can appreciate a healthy diversity that doesn't involve forcing the majority of society to tolerate extremist agendas, like those of the Taliban. However liberals will always cater to the terrorist, simply because they disagree with our current commander in chief and they are making it their goal to see this administration fail at every turn, even if it means ignoring the threats presented by these extremists. They welcome terrorists more than they welcome individuals from other countries that want to call the U.S. their home and not just with the mindset of making -easy money-

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
No, I believe most americans can appreciate a healthy diversity that doesn't involve forcing the majority of society to tolerate extremist agendas, like those of the Taliban. However liberals will always cater to the terrorist, simply because they disagree with our current commander in chief and they are making it their goal to see this administration fail at every turn, even if it means ignoring the threats presented by these extremists. They welcome terrorists more than they welcome individuals from other countries that want to call the U.S. their home and not just with the mindset of making -easy money-

That is just plain nonsense.

Mod Edit: Please Review this Link.

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 21-3-2007 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No, I believe most americans can appreciate a healthy diversity that doesn't involve forcing the majority of society to tolerate extremist agendas, like those of the Taliban.

the taliban is to muslim culture what the "christian identity" branch of white supremacism is to christian culture

However liberals will always cater to the terrorist, simply because they disagree with our current commander in chief and they are making it their goal to see this administration fail at every turn, even if it means ignoring the threats presented by these extremists. They welcome terrorists more than they welcome individuals from other countries that want to call the U.S. their home and not just with the mindset of making -easy money-

i'm going to have to agree, that is simply nonsense. especially when the president seems to be failing at every turn without them catering to terrorists

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The way I define inferior in regards to these foreign cultures, is that they fail to adapt to the laws and standards of a country they immigrated to, such as the U.S.

So... if I moved to Iran and didn't adapt to their culuture, I'd be inferior?

Or is it only the ones who come to the US that are inferior?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Yes, well liberals sometimes seem to be the epitome of nonsense, can't help you there.

And when I say countries LIKE the U.S., I mean countries that have embraced democracy and share common interests and values in respect of their citizens.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes, well liberals sometimes seem to be the epitome of nonsense, can't help you there.

Have you looked at conservopedia? That is beyond nonsense and goes straight to the heart of down right looniness.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What if it is flawed? He says, make America a "Hispanic Quebec". What's wrong with this? Well Quebec has ALWAYS been part of Canada. Equating illegals to Quebecers is inaccurate. Inflamitory but inaccurate. But hell, he got across the message he wanted and WATS from members that didn't see the inaccuracies but bought the message because it said what they wanted to hear.

Open mindedness and thinking. Outdated concepts at ATS. I'm beginning to think so.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Really this Richard Lamm fellow is nothing but another blow hard spouting hot air. How to destroy America? We are doing it.

We are destroying America by wasting any international goodwill we might have built up on ill- conceived wars and allowing our businesses to act like a law unto themselves to the determent to the rest of the citizens of the planet who have the same right to be here as we do.

We are destroying America by ignoring the environment and the damage that we are doing while whole ecosystems are collapsing, the ice caps are melting and pollution is flowing in our veins. Meanwhile we are encouraged to waste our time debating global warming, debating renewable resources and debating our responsibility to the rest of the planet by forces that put profit margins first and the time slips away until there is no time left.

We are Destroying America by running up massive debts while the cutting taxes (to the corporations and to the wealthiest) whose income we need to pay for those very debts. Before my life is out (51 now) we will no longer have the resources to service those debts, much less pay for the commitments we as a society have made to ourselves in the form of medicaid/Medicare and Social Security and we will see the elderly turned out into the streets because we can't honor our commitments to them instead of biting the bullet and raising taxes to pay for them.

We are destroying America by cultivating an atmosphere of hate. When I think about the garbage that is spewed forth in the name of political discourse, the lies, the false allegations, the swift boating, my blood runs cold. Not because I believe this crap, because I don't, but for the many who listen to these this stuff and believe it. My father was one. He was filled with hatred for liberals and it was all based on what he heard on talk radio.

We are destroying America by becoming an armed camp. There are those cultivating the idea that the only way to be safe is if everyone can carry a gun. This is not the old west and any society that feels the need to be armed to the teeth within it is not a society worth saving.

Ignorance is destroying America.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
WATS from members that didn't see the inaccuracies but bought the message because it said what they wanted to hear.

I don't think the WATS were for 'buying the message' ... but were for finding something interesting to talk about. At least, that's how I took it.

I've given WATS to people for bringing a good subject, even if I didn't agree with the article or the opinion of the writer. That's what I thought WATS were for.

In my very first post said that I didn't know anything about the guy, but that we could talk about what he said. Pro and/or Con ... I tried to lay out the points as best I understood how HE had them.

And yes, I agree with some of them.

Originally posted by intrepid
Open mindedness and thinking. Outdated concepts at ATS.
I'm beginning to think so.

Actually, I agree with what you just said.

Open mindedness and thinking ... many here think you have to lean LEFT politically to be open minded and 'thinking'. I see many on the left that are closed minded and NOT thinking.

Therefore - my opinion matches what you said - that 'thinking' may indeed be a concept that many ATSers don't understand.

edited to add -

How to destroy America? We are doing it. Ignorance is destroying America.

I agree with that as well. Ignorance is definately in the process of destroying America.

[edit on 5/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I agree with that as well. Ignorance is definately in the process of destroying America.

I agree with this as well. However, I think that apathy is the problem that leads to the ignorance. In order to really know what is going on anymore these days you have to actually turn off the T.V. and dig for it. This could be solved if the media would actually report on meaningful material. Now, I know meaningful means different things to different people. But, we have 24 hour news channels that spend 23 hours on crap!

Yes, crap with the occasional fibrous strand of meaningful news... I'll stop grossing you people out now. Peace!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join