It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason the Primaries are being pushed on us sooner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So I've been wondering why a lot of states were pressured into moving their primaries to sooner dates rather than later.

(taken from here)

I've noticed that the first states to hold primaries are mostly democratic states and is very small geographically, the second is the largely republican bible belt, then the Midwest, and then the West, grouping largely republican voters with California which is notorious for being mostly democratic. I'm not sure where the conspiracy here is, but then again, I'm not _that_ political. I'm sure someone on here can give a good explaination for the real reason these primaries are being done. I know the government is pushing for a SLOWER nomination process, but no one seems to say _WHY_.

“I don’t know if it’s too late for 2008, but right now we have total chaos,” said Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin (D), a lead proponent of regional contests.
(taken from link above)
Maybe this "total chaos" is just what they wanted to happen. I hope some of you on here can help me figure this out, there has to be a real reason behind all of this and not just a "slower nomination process". Who gains from a slower nomination process? Who gains from the "total chaos" this is creating? I have yet to figure this out and would love to hear some input from people who are well versed in this matter.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by gopher mines]

df1

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is really pretty simple, "the powers that be" want money to determine the winners. These larger states will require a substantial war chest to even compete, by those states having their primaries early it immediately takes everyone, except the most well financed candidates, out of the running. The money players then just distribute the money to the preferred candidates, game over.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think something is going on. I have no idea why the rush either. And now the candidate I support for president is being kicked out of the debates in New Hampshire by CNN mostly and he has hardly any money even though he was rated very well at the recent Nevada event. It's just some very weird things going on now and I wouldn't be surprised if money was involved.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by SouthernBelle82]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but I suspected something from the republicans when I heard Schwarzenegger was upping the primary. After what we saw here in Ohio in 04, I think it may be a new trick.

Keep your eyes on this.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but I suspected something from the republicans when I heard Schwarzenegger was upping the primary. After what we saw here in Ohio in 04, I think it may be a new trick.

Keep your eyes on this.

Try if you can to get in touch with David Cobb and Cliff Arnebeck and Bob Firtrakis. They were very involved with the Ohio 2004 ordeal. David Cobb was the presidential nominee for the Green party and Cliff Arnebeck was the lawyer who worked with them. I agree this may be a new trick.

top topics

join