It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God of War 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anybody played this yet? I was thinking about picking it up today. The first one was game of the year.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I just finished this game and I will be blunt with you: I found it to be very disappointing story wise.

The game play is better than the first. It has more boss battles and the scenery changes enough that it doesn’t become as bland as Pandora’s Temple from the first game. You get more weapons and spells, though I didn’t use anything nearly as much as I did the Blades of Athena. It also has some very cool puzzles that are tough but if you have played through the first they will be much easier. This much was better than the first. The truth is though it does get old fast. You can beat the game with pretty much just one move and it turns out to be just a button masher.

There is also very little replay value in my opinion. Granted I am used to games where you can change the outcome of the story (Knights of the Old Republic for example) so in the story aspect once you have beat it once no need to do it again.

But as I said earlier the story is disappointing because of the ending. This final cut scene is weak and does nothing more than set up another sequel, at least the first one had a decent ending. Also there could be major plot holes if you ask me but I don’t really want to give anything away being as some people really care about video game story lines

All in all I feel I wasted money by preordering this game I should have done what I did with the first and let it become a greatest hit. There are some over zealous fans out there that I have meet that would disagree with me but my mind won’t change and I recommend either renting (it only takes like 9 hours to beat) it or waiting for the price to go down

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Crap! I already bought it.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well you buying may not be a bad thing. I am not sure of your taste in games, what you like and don't like so heck, maybe you'll love it.

Anyway good luck

Also have you played/enjoyed the first game?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hello mate, ive played this a fair bit and i reckon its pretty damn good.
Its not the type of game i usually play, which is why i avoided the first GoW. But i played this a fair bit, didnt get to see it through to the end, but i loved what i saw. The combat system was pretty cool and the boss battles stand out with amazing graphics and ideas.
Like i say, i never played the first one, i dont like the genre , but this was good and i found it really fun to play. and for me, thats the most important thing. Let us know how you got on with it and if you enjoyed it.
BTW, if you get the European version of the title, im listed in the credits. WOOP. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Did anyone else find the last level of GOW1 really... annoying!? I had to leave my ps2 on and go eat lunch then dinner before I finally beat it. If you could save the game right b4 the last guy it wouldn't have been so annoying.

Anyways I recommend renting part 2. Theres not much reason to replay a game like this, or most games for that matter.

What would you want to happen at the end, in order to make you want to play all over again? Maybe some cool code that makes it more fun to play.. or new enemies and a couple of new levels?

new topics

top topics

join