It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media trying to get rid of Mike Gravel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know Mike Gravel is a former US Senator from the Nixon era who is most famous for ending the draft and his involvement in the release of the Pentagon Papers. During his campaign he talks about the military industrial complex, the real reason why we're in Iraq (oil), opposes any and all military action against Iran and is for aboloshing the IRS and making a more fair progressive tax plan. Last night I found out that the media, specifically CNN was named, is trying to get rid of him from the debates even though is a properly declared candidate and even spoke at the DNC winter meeting earlier this year. Even though Mr. Gravel isn't even listed as a nominee in the polls now he is still a candidate and deserves to debate just like the rest of them. If you'd like to know more information about this ordeal or about Mr. Gravel himself you can visit his website at www.gravel2008.us... I hope you call or Email etc. the New Hampshire democratic party and put pressure on them to allow Mr. Gravel to come and debate just like the other candidates. On edit I also wanted to add that he has already been to all of the other campaign events so why is he just now being kicked out?

[edit on 16-3-2007 by SouthernBelle82]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, for all it's worth, he was there!!

I found him to be QUITE opinionated!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This from his November 1, 2006 Speech at the New Hampshire Politics Institute, St. Anselms College.

Stepping Back From Imperialism: Redirecting American Foreign Policy

www.gravel2008.us.../238

The linchpin to long-term stability in the Middle East is the settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian impasse. The U.S., along with its European and Asian allies, and regional players (to include Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Jordan under the auspices of the United Nations) must sponsor direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, including Hamas. The negotiations, with the goal of a two-state solution, must be scheduled as soon as possible. Sponsoring nations and organizations would guarantee the demilitarized borders of both parties, would guarantee Israel's right to survive and thrive, and would make a commitment to the Palestinians to raise their economic standards to that of Israel. An accomplishment of this magnitude would go a long way to defusing the radical Islamic confrontation with the West. For that reason alone, Americans must be prepared to spend whatever political capital is required to bring peace to the region.

He already pissed of the Zionist back in 1978.

Gravel enjoyed Jewish support for his first Senate campaign, but it dried up after he voted in 1978 to sell fighter jets to Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Gravel preceded the jet vote with a “blunt speech about pressure from Jewish constituents and supporters,” according to the Washington Post’s account. His last election, the 1980 Democratic primary, ended with questions about Jewish influence. Anchorage businessman Barney Gottstein, active in the pro-Israel lobby, was Gravel’s chief fundraiser in 1968, but sponsored ads against him in 1980 and was helping his opponent, Clark Gruening.

www.theleftcoaster.com...

He doesn't even get a mention on the Israeli ratings.
www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
all I have to say is...I AM VOTING FOR THIS GUY!!! Seriously, this guy is soooo much better than any of the other candidates. More power to him for saying half the stuff he says.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
He really is amazing. He was just mentioned on the Colbert Report, so maybe he will get a little bit more attention

I am disappointed by the other candidate choices at this time.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It would be nice to vote for him, but he is not on the ballot in most states.....

top topics

join